• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Accommodation Certificate

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed II is offering accommodation certificate for my Marriott deposit. I just made the deposit this morning and I have not seen anything showing up. How long does it take to get the AC? Is it something worth having?

Thanks,

Jane

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
I noticed II is offering accommodation certificate for my Marriott deposit. I just made the deposit this morning and I have not seen anything showing up. How long does it take to get the AC? Is it something worth having?

Thanks,

Jane

We've seen it take a few days. AC's given for a deposit are generally better / have more options than those passed out to "valued customers". They're generally good for year and allow you to put in an request. We have had good luck with them in the past. Often times they go off grid (maybe 30 days out).

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
The deposit AC's tend to be better than the 'free' AC's. It will appear in the 'my units' section. If you click on it etc... it will show the rules and grid.
Some can be decent if you're willing to travel off-season.
Also, I believe you can search with some. Not mine.

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
We just got two for depositing each part of our locked off Mountainside week. I saw it (pending) first in the "My History" section of II under "Rewards". It took awhile for the actual email and AC to show up because they have to verify that Marriott has that week and deposits it to II. The AC is grid until 59 days out, and then free for all areas, and is good for a year. It has the different fee for studio, one bedroom etc, but we will be able to use these!

We also just received one (grid only) only good until March 6...much harded to schedule, but only $259 for any size unit.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

Thanks,

Jane

I think it usually takes a couple days for them to credit the AC to your account.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
The deposit AC's tend to be better than the 'free' AC's. It will appear in the 'my units' section. If you click on it etc... it will show the rules and grid.

How can you book if you can't search with it? I have always been able to search with an AC, even those that don't have enough power to pull an off-season Marriott studio.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
How can you book if you can't search with it? I have always been able to search with an AC, even those that don't have enough power to pull an off-season Marriott studio.

I think Tater meant that you can free search by date and resort, not a grid based search.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
They will never instant add an AC on a deposit because the deposit has to be verified first. That can take a while depending on the resort or system but a Marriott is usually a few days.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yeah but the deposit AC's are usually tier priced. If you need a larger unit it can get quite expensive for the heavy restrictions.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for the information. Part of the reason I am asking is because I requested a lock-off and I did not notice the VC gave me a studio just outside of the AC offering period. I currently have an AC that would expire in a few weeks. I found it pretty hard to use the grid search especially when the AC cannot be used during school holidays. 59 day limit is not an issue for us. I will call MVC tomorrow to see if they would switch a week for me.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

I think Tater meant that you can free search by date and resort, not a grid based search.

Yes, I meant free search and place a request OGS.

I gather that the deposit AC's have this capability; albeit with a price (tier).

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
free AC search

There is a way to make the search a little better using the grid only ACs (usually the free ones). If you select the search date beyond the AC expiry, it will ask you if you want to change the date to be within it. Once you click ok to that, it will bring up a traditional list of locations just like a normal deposit search would. You will still be taken back to the grid screen if you click on any of them, but this is very helpful for two reasons:
1. You are not limited to only 6 (typically) boxes you are allowed to check on the grid search, and
2. you can right away see all the locations that the AC can pull without going thru them in groups of six which is time consuming.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
There is a way to make the search a little better using the grid only ACs (usually the free ones). If you select the search date beyond the AC expiry, it will ask you if you want to change the date to be within it. Once you click ok to that, it will bring up a traditional list of locations just like a normal deposit search would. You will still be taken back to the grid screen if you click on any of them, but this is very helpful for two reasons:
1. You are not limited to only 6 (typically) boxes you are allowed to check on the grid search, and
2. you can right away see all the locations that the AC can pull without going thru them in groups of six which is time consuming.
Did not know that! That's awesome thanks

sent from my cell phone...

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
This isn't working for me. I am still being limited to 6 boxes.

On point 2, that list is not valid. I'm not sure where it is coming from but there are locations on that list that are not on my grid. I do not think the two are connected.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
This isn't working for me. I am still being limited to 6 boxes.

On point 2, that list is not valid. I'm not sure where it is coming from but there are locations on that list that are not on my grid. I do not think the two are connected.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

You need to search using all destinations. Can't search by specific region, resort name, or resort code.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

I received the AC for the one bedroom. It is good for a year and no grid. I did a few test. It looks like it will be almost $400 to get a 3 bedroom and $350 for 2 bedroom.