• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do We Need a GC?

JeffandJamie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

In August of next year, my wife and I will be traveling to Las Vegas for my cousin's wedding. We booked a 3BR at Grand Desert for 3 nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday). My parents and my brother and his wife will be joining us. The original plan was for us to all fly together.

However, this morning, we realized that I have a work commitment on Friday morning and will not be able to get to Vegas until Friday evening instead of Thursday.

Since we will be occupying the room eventually, but not on the first night, will we need to put the reservation in someone else's name and not ours? Do we need a GC?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Hi All,

In August of next year, my wife and I will be traveling to Las Vegas for my cousin's wedding. We booked a 3BR at Grand Desert for 3 nights (Thursday, Friday, Saturday). My parents and my brother and his wife will be joining us. The original plan was for us to all fly together.

However, this morning, we realized that I have a work commitment on Friday morning and will not be able to get to Vegas until Friday evening instead of Thursday.

Since we will be occupying the room eventually, but not on the first night, will we need to put the reservation in someone else's name and not ours? Do we need a GC?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

If you and your wife (assuming she's on the account) are not going to be there the first night but the rest of your group is, you will need a guest certificate. If your wife is going out on Thursday and she is an owner, you can call in and have them switch the reservation over to her name so she can check in.

If no one is going to be occupying it Thursday, you can just alert the resort you will not be checking in until Friday.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to Wyndham we owners asked for this. Does not matter if it is because of changed plans, delayed flight, car accident, traffic etc a guest confirmation would be needed if an owner is not going to be checking in.

Don40

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sometimes if you call the resort and explain the situation they might let your guest check in without you. I have had this happen before, but not this far in advance.
The safest bet is to add a guest certificate on the reservation. I would not add the guest certificate until closer to check in as things can change.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a FREE Guest Certificate available for 2015 ,,, USE IT to add another name or two.

If not, wait til closer in ... you will be surprised what might happen in 8 months ... wedding called off, quickie marriage, change of venue, etc.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not with Wyndham.

Sometimes if you call the resort and explain the situation they might let your guest check in without you. I have had this happen before, but not this far in advance.
The safest bet is to add a guest certificate on the reservation. I would not add the guest certificate until closer to check in as things can change.