• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Barony Beach new look

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first two buildings of renovations are now complete at Barony Beach Club in Hilton Head. Two more buildings are scheduled to be done before Christmas. The rest will be done next fall.

The look is actually quite nice. Very clean and tasteful. Really like the large print of the Hilton Head lighthouse in the living area... adds something unique.

At first glance, I was taken back by the "plastic/laminate" dining room table. But I've actually decided it was a very wise choice. Easy to wash and maintain and will be able to standup to the heavy use.

The second bathroom, in many ways, is nicer than the master. Stunning tile and shelving!

One very minor comment about the master bathroom. The shower room is big. The towel rack is on the wall opposite from the shower (a long way fro the shower when you are wet). There is no place to hang a towel next to the shower. A small hook beside the shower door would be nice.

Again, very impressed.

I've submitted photos to the review side of TUG. Hope this link works for others:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=736e...pub=SDX.Photos&sff=1&authkey=!AEr0XL1RKX6GZWg

Password is taco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Barony Beach
SVV - Key West
The link isn't working for me. Would be very interested in seeing the pics. Don't see your review either.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Link also worked for me on Firefox Browser.

Nice Pics Swice. Thanks

Richard

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the many photos of the Barony new look.

disneymom1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Ocean, Marriott Surfwatch, Marriott Manor Club Sequel
Enjoyed the photos! It's a very modern look. Thank you for sharing!

DannyMc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Royal Palms, Orlando; Marriott's Grande Ocean, HHI; Marriott's Barony Beach Club, HHI;
MVC Trust Points
The first two buildings of renovations are now complete at Barony Beach Club in Hilton Head. Two more buildings are scheduled to be done before Christmas. The rest will be done next fall.

The look is actually quite nice. Very clean and tasteful. Really like the large print of the Hilton Head lighthouse in the living area... adds something unique.

At first glance, I was taken back by the "plastic/laminate" dining room table. But I've actually decided it was a very wise choice. Easy to wash and maintain and will be able to standup to the heavy use.

The second bathroom, in many ways, is nicer than the master. Stunning tile and shelving!

One very minor comment about the master bathroom. The shower room is big. The towel rack is on the wall opposite from the shower (a long way fro the shower when you are wet). There is no place to hang a towel next to the shower. A small hook beside the shower door would be nice.

Again, very impressed.

I've submitted photos to the review side of TUG. Hope this link works for others:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=736e...pub=SDX.Photos&sff=1&authkey=!AEr0XL1RKX6GZWg

Do you have a picture of the new master shower?

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
It does look nice! Love the sliding (barn?) door

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
shower

Do you have a picture of the new master shower?

Because of the room configuration, I just can't get a decent shot of the room. Here's the shower (attached) Opposite wall is the toilet and towel rack.

Attachments

• DSC05360.JPG
    DSC05360.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 129

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great pictures. This looks very nice! Is this the Ocean Front buildings? Was the refurb for Ocean Front and Garden? and next year the Ocean View?

Want to visit and see the new look.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Thanks so much for the pictures and reports! While we were there in October we saw them working in the Morning Glory building. I'm really looking forward to our next visit and seeing a completed unit. :)

Here's a property map, and this is from the GM's recent newsletter:
It’s with great pleasure that I share an update about the upcoming refurbishment, currently scheduled for October 2015 thru December 2015 and will include refurbishment of the Gardenia Building (9100), Jasmine Building (9200) and Morning Glory Building (9400). Then, from October 2016 thru December 2016 refurbishment will occur in the Bayberry Building (9300), Live Oak Building (9500) and Sea Oat Building (9600).

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
BOTH

Great pictures. This looks very nice! Is this the Ocean Front buildings? Was the refurb for Ocean Front and Garden? and next year the Ocean View?

Want to visit and see the new look.

One garden building and one ocean view building were finished a couple of weeks ago. Work is now underway on the second garden building and a second ocean view building. They are supposed to be ready for Christmas week. That means more than half of the property will be finished soon. Again, the remaining three buildings will be done next fall.

I heard someone here describe it as "modern, but not contemporary." While everyone has their own favorite colors and taste, I think most will like it.

Password is taco

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Barony Beach
SVV - Key West
Got the link to work. As a representative of Gen Y, I love the look of the refurbished units. Only thing I don't like is the color of the wood on the kitchen cabinets - doesn't really go with the rest. Overall though, looks great. Good for us as we'd like to buy a week at this resort.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Got the link to work. As a representative of Gen Y, I love the look of the refurbished units. Only thing I don't like is the color of the wood on the kitchen cabinets - doesn't really go with the rest. Overall though, looks great. Good for us as we'd like to buy a week at this resort.

It appears that perhaps they didn't replace the cabinets? Cabinets are usually a 15 to 20 year product. They wouldn't need to replace these every 10 years when they do a hard goods refurb. They often just reface them or do nothing. They could perhaps paint them, but that probably wouldn't hold up well in a timeshare. I suspect that they replace the cabinets every two hard good cycles. If they are new, I do think the color could have been better. Should have matched the dining room chairs with the darker wood.

DannyMc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Royal Palms, Orlando; Marriott's Grande Ocean, HHI; Marriott's Barony Beach Club, HHI;
MVC Trust Points
The cabinets are not new. These are the original light wood color. I agree that they do not blend well with the dark wood on the outside of the kitchen bar.

sherrycanon

Reaction score
The pics look great. I borrowed some bathroom renovation ideas from a blog from better living dispenser http://www.dispenser.com/blog/organ...-hotel-bathroom-ideas-to-incorporate-at-home/. Tiles add a classic beauty to your bathroom, it works well with any kinds of bathroom styles, be it modern or classic. Buying some caddies for your bathroom would be a good idea as it will get rid of a large amount of clutter from the bathroom and make the bathroom look more spacious.