• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changing a current RCI ongoing search

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have some searches that I put in that will be ending with no more than likely no match. When I try to change them I must be doing something wrong because I end up with a whole new search going plus the original search. I don't want these "head of the list " searches to disappear. Can someone walk me thru it or should I just call an RCI rep? Also I was wondering if I call RCI and have them make the changes, do they become RCI assisted exchanges at the higher rate?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been told differing things here

Ongoing searches are your best friend with RCI first and foremost because if you want something really good an premium it is about the only way to get it.

I have been told differing this by various reps on ongoing searches. I have been told if you change your ongoing search online you lose your place of priority and I have also been told this is not true by other reps.

The one rep that said you would lose priority stated that you have to call and the CSR can but in an override on their end so you don't lose priority. The older the search the older the priority.

I hope this answers your questions

To my knowledge the charge does not adjust when you call in I could be wrong but I started my search online and called in and had it changed and nothing changed as far as money changing hands.

SOS8260456

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I have about 22 ogs of similiar nature because it kept the old and just started a new one. I was going to call today anyway but good to know that's what I need to do.

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Changing your ogs online does not change the start date of the search. I do it all the time and when I get an email notification that my search has been modified, it shows the original date of the search. I think what you are seeing are multiple resort ids for various dates using the same week. You have to delete the old line items while keeping the search alive with new ones.

decadude

TUG Member
Reaction score
Changing your ogs online does not change the start date of the search. I do it all the time and when I get an email notification that my search has been modified, it shows the original date of the search. I think what you are seeing are multiple resort ids for various dates using the same week. You have to delete the old line items while keeping the search alive with new ones.

Just reiterating what I was told by RCI which their CSR its a roll of the dice what information you are going to get.

They stated that an override would be needed if you changed your ongoing search to maintain priority. The lady had a lot of years with RCI seemed very knowledgeable but who knows.

Then again on another call with RCI they mentioned you could change online and it would not change priority.

I am with you it is likely not changing your priority and going by the start date of your search.

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't trust the vacation guides to do anything with my searches. When in doubt, I call tech support.