• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Sands Resale Purchase

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends. Would like some opinions on whether this price is the going rate. Beachfront unit during week 15 or 16 for $6,000. This is the full 2 bedroom lockoff. Thanks in advance for the replies.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
Suggest you check out the history of sales on eBay.

Of course, everything is negotiable ;)

svwoude

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think that is a little high. If it were more of a spring break week it would probably be good, but I think it is about 3-5 weeks late.

buceo

Reaction score
Per the II demand chart, demand drops after week 14 and again at week 17, so 15,16 are in between. I can't comment on the $6k figure, but what works for a lot of people is own the week and the unit that you want. The MFs at $1,000+ per week play a bigger roll than the upfront resale price. We own there and love it, others would love to be able to dump theirs.

Helene4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I that an every year price? Royals were ( and possibly still are) selling every other year. Just make sure you know what you are buying.

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Per the II demand chart, demand drops after week 14 and again at week 17, so 15,16 are in between. I can't comment on the $6k figure, but what works for a lot of people is own the week and the unit that you want. The MFs at $1,000+ per week play a bigger roll than the upfront resale price. We own there and love it, others would love to be able to dump theirs.

I don't plan on trading. We will use the week each year. Was just curious about the price. I know how much the developer purchase would cost so 6k seems like a good price. Thanks for info.

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
No sales history for ocean front units.

But reviewing the scores of eBay sales, although not beachfront, didn't help provide a rough idea of what these are selling for?

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
But reviewing the scores of eBay sales, although not beachfront, didn't help provide a rough idea of what these are selling for?

I was able to find one ocean front that sold on ebay for 5200 week 45.

buceo

Reaction score
Week 45 has a lower demand index than your 15/16. Nine steps lower on a scale of 20. Also to note week 40 is when it is closed for maintenance all week. That is the off season. Also what floor the units are on make a difference in their value.

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Week 45 has a lower demand index than your 15/16. Nine steps lower on a scale of 20. Also to note week 40 is when it is closed for maintenance all week. That is the off season. Also what floor the units are on make a difference in their value.

Thanks for the info. I singed the contract for week 15. I think its a good deal. Unit is on the 6th floor

Last edited:

buceo

Reaction score
Super ! Happy vacationing. We go pretty soon ourselves, but down to the Haciendas this year.

We picked out the 6th floor ourselves from all of them (we bought from the developer). Not ocean front though, phase II. Great spot.

Last edited:

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Super ! Happy vacationing. We go pretty soon ourselves, but down to the Haciendas this year.

We picked out the 6th floor ourselves from all of them (we bought from the developer). Not ocean front though, phase II. Great spot.

Our Unit is I5625. Seems like a super central spot.

buceo

Reaction score
Technically then I think you are closest to the palapa bar. Attached our view of it.

Attachments

• RS_view.jpg
    RS_view.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 40

craigchams

TUG Member
Reaction score
"I" building is excellent

We have I5326 and I think the I building is the best oceanfront location at the Royal Sands. Right out your door go west towards the front of the resort to the elevator that comes out right at the market. If you go up in that elevator, it is glass and looks out at the lagoon. Out your front door you can see phase 2 pool area or go the other way and see phase 1 pool area. You will love it.

Last edited: