• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Senior Pictures--- Need Photographer for Maui

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Hi,

My Daughter has asked if we would get her Senior Pictures taken while we are in Maui next summer…. Can anyone recommend someone that they have heard great things about or that you have personally used….

thanks...

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Aloha! Sent you a PM regarding your question. :)

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Check again, Sugarcubesea. Not sure what went wrong before… :eek:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not used this photographer before, but was thinking about using them for some family pics when we go in January.

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We personally used Mariah Milan in August for our son's senior high school pictures. She was very nice and very good pictures. We received a flash drive with all the pictures & rights to print. Cost was on the higher side (approx $600-$700) but we felt well worth the cost. She helped with a fantastic location in our area, helped with posing, etc. we got 88 *.jpg; just google her name and you can see her portfolio.

Email me if you have other questions but we loved the entire experience with her. Highly recommend her if the price is acceptable.

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NYGiants, I have not personally used a photographer on Maui but I do spend a lot of time on Maui and know some folks that live there full time. I'll send you a PM….:)

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you stay at marriott maui ocean club, there is an onsite photographer who take pictures around the resort and on the beach for guests free and you get one 5x7 picture free. You can also get all the pictures on a CD. I paid $128 in July and my brother paid $178 in October for about 68 pictures

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you stay at marriott maui ocean club, there is an onsite photographer who take pictures around the resort and on the beach for guests free and you get one 5x7 picture free. You can also get all the pictures on a CD. I paid $128 in July and my brother paid $178 in October for about 68 pictures

If you attend the marriott presentation one of the free gift options was the onsite photographer. Free CD of all the pictures, but there are add-on costs for things like sunset time, more than a couple of people, etc. Their pictures weren't bad, lots of foliage on property And the beach is right there. However, how they keep their costs down is that they don't professionally edit their pictures. When reviewing with them they suggested an editing software and even spent a couple of minutes showing us. Also, amount of time I think was about 30 minutes. So their prices are very affordable, but it is amazing what professional editing adds to the pictures. We thought the pictures we got for attending the presentation to be nice, but not great. Hey, you get what you pay for.

My son to this day doesn't like the big sweat spot on his shirt that still needs to be edited out.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

TFTG

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you attend the marriott presentation one of the free gift options was the onsite photographer. Free CD of all the pictures, but there are add-on costs for things like sunset time, more than a couple of people, etc. Their pictures weren't bad, lots of foliage on property And the beach is right there. However, how they keep their costs down is that they don't professionally edit their pictures. When reviewing with them they suggested an editing software and even spent a couple of minutes showing us. Also, amount of time I think was about 30 minutes. So their prices are very affordable, but it is amazing what professional editing adds to the pictures. We thought the pictures we got for attending the presentation to be nice, but not great. Hey, you get what you pay for.

My son to this day doesn't like the big sweat spot on his shirt that still needs to be edited out.

At the Marriott, we attended the sales presentation and selected the photo package. The photographer I believe is Upcountry Photography (?) and we were happy with the pictures we got (~65) and even happier we didn't have to pay for them. We did this session in 2014.

On our most recent trip in September 2015, we took family pictures through the Hyatt Residence Club photographer, Forever Maui and ended up purchasing the digital picture package (~$450).

Both of these photographers were good, but if I had to pick one I would recommended Forever Maui, as the pictures we got from them were a lot nicer and edited, as someone mentioned above.

Last edited:

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the Marriott, we attended the sales presentation and selected the photo package. The photographer I believe is Upcountry Photography (?) and we were happy with the pictures we got (~65) and even happier we didn't have to pay for them. We did this session in 2014.

On our most recent trip in September 2015, we took family pictures through the Hyatt Residence Club photographer, Forever Maui and ended up purchasing the digital picture package (~$450).

Both of these photographers were good, but if I had to pick one I would recommended Forever Maui, as the pictures we got from them were a lot nicer and edited, as someone mentioned above.

Yes, we had upcountry photography take senior pictures under the promotion, so free. However, we paid an upgrade fee of $50 for sunset time vs. earlier times, including pictures of both our kids and some of our family. And yes, the pictures were fine, certainly better than I could take, but also certainly not edited. They even told us when we picked up the pictures that's how they keep their prices low. And even told us the economical software they recommend for editing. We had already scheduled a professional photographer (Mariah Milan) , but thought it wouldn't hurt to have the free ones as well since it was our gift for attending the marriott timeshare presentation.

And yes, our professional photographer was more a lot more money (~$600) but much better pictures, more time with us, including breathtaking views just north of the marriott - a suggestion place from our professional photographer.

the Marriott photographer (upcountry photography ) does a decent job, especially considering the prices they charge (if not under the free gift for attending presentation) and free is certainly a great price for attending the Marriott presentation. I would certainly recommend the Upcountry Photography for those looking for a value priced photographer.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Bill,

Thanks, I not only want the senior pictures but family pictures as well...

Your welcome. I was going through the maui deals for an upcoming trip and saw your link and their add. I guess the timing was good.

Bill

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We personally used Mariah Milan in August for our son's senior high school pictures. She was very nice and very good pictures. We received a flash drive with all the pictures & rights to print. Cost was on the higher side (approx $600-$700) but we felt well worth the cost. She helped with a fantastic location in our area, helped with posing, etc. we got 88 *.jpg; just google her name and you can see her portfolio.

Email me if you have other questions but we loved the entire experience with her. Highly recommend her if the price is acceptable.

Thank you for the recommendation for Mariah Milan. I went onto her site and I did not see any examples of senior pictures…Is there another area that you can review past sessions?

thanks again

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Your welcome. I was going through the maui deals for an upcoming trip and saw your link and their add. I guess the timing was good.

Bill

I'm going to use them for the family pictures...

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Quite different poses from my Senior Photos. :eek:

Guess things have changed a bit over the years.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know I'm a bit late to reporting out who I used but we choose Bruce Wheeler, as our photographer. He was great and did a fabulous job, we were very please and I would highly recommend him.

Thanks again to all who helped me plan this vacation and choose a photographer...

http://www.maui-angels.com/photographics.html