• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MVCAP - Where and how to sell?

VivianLim

Reaction score
We owned points in Marriot Vacation Club Asia Pacific since 2008. We have paid off the investment and have had great holidays in the past years. Due to some changes in working commitment, we find hard to use up the points and are thinking to sell them off. Appreciate advise for:

1. Best recommended website to sell the points for MVCAP (Asia Pacific).
2. How is the selling process and the costs involved - advertisement fees, broker's commission, transfer fees, closing fees, any other kind of costs?
3. The purchase of the points was in Singapore. Is it possible to advertise and sell by ourselves? What is the best advice?
4. What are the risks involved?

We appreciate all of your sharing.

kfreeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you own points only or did you enroll existing weeks into the AP points system?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

VivianLim

Reaction score
we purchased 14,000 points which need to be used in a year and is allowed to bank in for another year if you can't consume within the year

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Basically you need to find a marketplace in whch to sell your AP points. The challenfge is that the AP points system is little known outside of Asia and Europe to a lesser extent. Totally unknown to the vast majority of Marriott owners in the USA. So where do you start.

You could look at using REDWEEK.COM but the majority of people there will be USA based and hence the lack of awareness of the AP points system will work against you. I would recommend looking for a timeshare resale agent in your region (ASIA) either in Malaysia or Singapore. Any agent who asks for a large upfront fee payment is possibly going to a scammer and to be avoided. The other place to look for an agent would be in Europe. There are several reputable agents in the UK who operate across Europe.

Then there is EBAY - this will attract timewasters however.

Just be aware that what you might get as a return for the sale will be much less than you paid for your points - probably less than 20 to 30% of what you paid.

Finally before you look anywhere - try MVCIAP in Singapore to see if they will buy back your points.

Good Luck.

VivianLim

Reaction score
Dear Sir, do you mind sharing who are the few reputable timeshare agents who are operating across Asia and Europe?

dima

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will jump in and give you the list of Europe's timeshare resalers:
Travel and Leisure, FAB Timeshare, Doctor Timeshare.
My experience renting out Phuket (on Redweek and TUG) was disappointing - almost mo market:(
I also want to find the place in Asia (I guess Singapore or China) where to place weeks or points for rent or sale. So, I you find it, please keep us updated!

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am meeting Sebastien, who runs Doctor Timeshare, this morning.
I will ask him what experience he has dealing with MVCAP points.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I will jump in and give you the list of Europe's timeshare resalers:
Travel and Leisure, FAB Timeshare, Doctor Timeshare.
My experience renting out Phuket (on Redweek and TUG) was disappointing - almost mo market:(
I also want to find the place in Asia (I guess Singapore or China) where to place weeks or points for rent or sale. So, I you find it, please keep us updated!

I have purchased resale through Travel & Leisure in the past. FAB and Doctor Timeshare are well known - I will defer to Barry for some feedback on Doctor Timeshare.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
VivianLim, I met with Sebastien here at Son Antem in Majorca this morning.
He says he has bundles of approx 10k, 20k and 30k MVCAP points for sale on behalf of owners. He acknowledges that there is limited activity moving these from any European resellers, but he is very happy to share his thoughts and help you if you are interested.
He was out with the Phuket team about 6 months ago, following our suggested itinerary.
(Travel And Leisure in the UK, who Malcolm mentioned and who we have both bought from, similarly have some MVCAP points experience)
I will send you a PM with contact details.

baza

TUG Member
Reaction score
VivianLim, I met with Sebastien here at Son Antem in Majorca this morning.
He says he has bundles of approx 10k, 20k and 30k MVCAP points for sale on behalf of owners. He acknowledges that there is limited activity moving these from any European resellers, but he is very happy to share his thoughts and help you if you are interested.
He was out with the Phuket team about 6 months ago, following our suggested itinerary.
(Travel And Leisure in the UK, who Malcolm mentioned and who we have both bought from, similarly have some MVCAP points experience)
I will send you a PM with contact details.
Hi

I am interested in mvci asia pacific points also can you send me sebastians contact details also please

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am interested in mvci asia pacific points also can you send me sebastians contact details also please

PM following shortly.
I am having an MVCAP update session on Monday, so will also post any useful/relevant info from that.

baza

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Ok thanks I am really interested to try and find out the process I need to follow in if I buy resale mvci a/p points and if they will be accepted and recognised buy MVCI when trying to book rooms

I am already a MVCI A/P weeks member at Phuket but was interested in getting resort points in order that i could get more flexibilty with my choices of hotels etc , but just not sure about the intricacies of buying off market points and getting them back into the MVCI system and recognised

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks I am really interested to try and find out the process I need to follow in if I buy resale mvci a/p points and if they will be accepted and recognised buy MVCI when trying to book rooms

I am already a MVCI A/P weeks member at Phuket but was interested in getting resort points in order that i could get more flexibilty with my choices of hotels etc , but just not sure about the intricacies of buying off market points and getting them back into the MVCI system and recognised

Those questions I will need to leave to others on here and Sebastien to answer, as I too only own weeks.

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
Those questions I will need to leave to others on here and Sebastien to answer, as I too only own weeks.

Baza,
I own weeks at PBC and AP POINTS. Buying AP oints on the resale market should not present any special issues from MVCIAP - once the points are transferred you should then set up your online account at MVCIAP WEB site (note thisis a different WEB sitr from the MyVacationclub WEB site for weeks owners.

The issue you will face will arise when or if you want to enrole your PBC week(s) in the MVCIAP points overlay programme. This would allow you to convert your week(s)at PBC into AP points in any year instead of using the week(s). You might want to do thisif you needed more points to book a stay at a digferent club resort perhaps e.g. The new resort under development at Surfers Paradise in Queensland.

The issue will be that to enrol PBC week(s) requires the purchase of 21,000 MVCIAP points from MVCIAP. Your resale purchased AP points would not qualify you to enrol your week(s) in the overlay programme.

aup

Reaction score
[Message text deleted. Advertising is NOT permitted in this discussion forum. Please review the TUG BBS Posting Rules, before posting again. Makai Guy, TUG BBS Administrator]

Last edited by a moderator:

aup

Reaction score
How and where to sell Marriot Vacation Club Asia-Pacific Points membership?

I own MCVI Ap Points timeshare.
I needed advise for sale:
1) Where can I sell this?
2) Any good website or person who can help me sell quickly- recommendations??
3) What all gets transferred and what is the disadvantage to the person buying in resale from me over buying a new one.
4) Redweek.com has said that they cannot help me sell and provide full service as Marriot has disallowed them to sell on behalf of consumer as they are a U.S based company and hence red week is not allowed to solicit Asia Pacific points- so which all companies or people can help?
5) I want to make a quick sale so what should i sell my membership for per point?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There is another thread on this topic on the first page of the forum.

[Link disabled after threads merged.]

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
aup - As you see your first post was deleted because the specific details about what you own/want to sell made it appear as though your post was an ad to sell, and ads are not permitted in the TUG public forums. And as you can see, your second post was merged into this ongoing thread in order to prevent duplicate threads in the forum.

It is perfectly within the posting rules for you to ask the questions as you have in your second post, but please note that you or anyone responding to you should use the Private Message or email features if it's necessary to talk specifics.

Good luck!

MALC9990

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own MCVI Ap Points timeshare.
I needed advise for sale:
1) Where can I sell this?
2) Any good website or person who can help me sell quickly- recommendations??
3) What all gets transferred and what is the disadvantage to the person buying in resale from me over buying a new one.
4) Redweek.com has said that they cannot help me sell and provide full service as Marriot has disallowed them to sell on behalf of consumer as they are a U.S based company and hence red week is not allowed to solicit Asia Pacific points- so which all companies or people can help?
5) I want to make a quick sale so what should i sell my membership for per point?

Earlier in this thread some reputable European reseller agents were mentioned. Try those as a start.

aup

Reaction score
Marriot mcvi-asia pacific-how and where can i sell advise please

I own points in Marriot Vacation Club Asia Pacific which is valid until 2056. We have paid off the investment. Needed advise on how and where to sell MCVAP

1. Best recommended website to sell the points for MVCAP (Asia Pacific).
2. How is the selling process and the costs involved - advertisement fees, broker's commission, transfer fees, closing fees, any other kind of costs?
3. The purchase of the points was at Phuket Marriot resort. Is it possible to advertise and sell by ourselves? How? What is the best advice?
4. What are the risks involved?
5. ebay does not work. Red week is now unauthourised to solicit- am in otuch with sebastian- where else? please advise.
6. What all gets transferred and what is the disadvantage to the person buying in resale from me over buying a new one.
7. I want to make a quick sale so what should i sell my membership for per point?

aup

Reaction score
aup - As you see your first post was deleted because the specific details about what you own/want to sell made it appear as though your post was an ad to sell, and ads are not permitted in the TUG public forums. And as you can see, your second post was merged into this ongoing thread in order to prevent duplicate threads in the forum.

It is perfectly within the posting rules for you to ask the questions as you have in your second post, but please note that you or anyone responding to you should use the Private Message or email features if it's necessary to talk specifics.

Good luck!
Dear Susan,

Both my threads clearly show a query. I never posted any ad or said please contact me for sale. I have clearly and repeatedly said kindly advise. I do not understand why you are clubbing me with a later post rather than clubbing them with me- because i will not be getting a reply, but the person posting the thread will be. How does this help me???

Also I cannot control who replies where and how. If I had my own contacts then I would not need the TUG Forum for help or advise.