• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II - XYZ officially gone?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looking to get away this weekend and see something online I would want. Calling II to see if I can XYZ off a future trade in February. Been on hold, waiting for a rep for almost 20 minutes now.

Before I hang up...is XYZ officially gone?

If so, I understand Choose 2 will not be an option because my exchange is for Feb and a different location. Correct?

Sure I will be on hold for sometime....if anyone out there that can confirm and save me the remaining hold time, that would be great.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disregard - they finally answered.

Rep still used the term XYZ, but said can only book on of right after original exchange (which is new 2 for 1 rules).

Guess I will debate if I want to use an AC for....

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Per the FAQ they changed the rule for the Choose 2 to make it more like xyz. It does not have to be the same week or the week after. The grid only goes out 90 days at most (and some locations less) and it does have to be booked before your original stay starts.

http://www.intervalworld.com/web/my/deals#DP10_tabContent
Right now the grid on II only seems to go until December.

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Original XYZ needed to be booked before check-in date for a week after the original exchange week, so it's not really any different than before, just a new name now, and grid doesn't go as far out.

Great3

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
But you must sill call to get it. We are in 2015. I don't understand. When you book something, they could just put a choose2 grid AC in your account with an expiring date of you exchange checkin. Like that no need to call, we could do it online. It should be simple to do this for them.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
That would nice, but unfortunately that's not the way it works. I suspect II just want a higher exchange fee (phone is more expensive than online). I also think that allows them control demand a little bit better, to balance out the supply/demand.

Still, if you use it, XYZ / Choose two is great value, so it's hard for me to complain about the things I don't like about the way the program is implemented.

Great3

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That would nice, but unfortunately that's not the way it works. I suspect II just want a higher exchange fee (phone is more expensive than online). Still, if you use it, XYZ / Choose two is great value.

Great3

They could always price the AC at a certain price to cover the telephone exchange fee. I think they want to use the phone to temper demand. Less people will book or even know about it if they have to call to get it.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ha, you beat me while I was editing to say the same thing...

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Original XYZ needed to be booked before check-in date for a week after the original exchange week, so it's not really any different than before, just a new name now, and grid doesn't go as far out.

Great3

I agree that the program is basically now the same as the old XYZ with just a shorter and perhaps more limited grid. So XYZ isn't dead, it is just called something new. By promoting the program, they have to do something to limit demand, they do that my restricting the grid more.

mdurette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks All: After reading the info, I understand now. Still would not be applicable for me because I am looking for a week BEFORE my exchange in February. But, this still may be useful enough in the future as I will need a few days in Orlando in April. I will watch the grid prior to February to see if I catch Orlando opening up.

"Reserve a second unit for the same week at the same resort or at one nearby, and vacation with family or friends.
OR
Turn one week of vacation into two. Travel the week after your confirmed exchange or any available Choose2 week thereafter. Stay another week at the same resort, visit a different resort, or even go to a different destination."

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Thanks All: After reading the info, I understand now. Still would not be applicable for me because I am looking for a week BEFORE my exchange in February. But, this still may be useful enough in the future as I will need a few days in Orlando in April. I will watch the grid prior to February to see if I catch Orlando opening up.

"Reserve a second unit for the same week at the same resort or at one nearby, and vacation with family or friends.
OR
Turn one week of vacation into two. Travel the week after your confirmed exchange or any available Choose2 week thereafter. Stay another week at the same resort, visit a different resort, or even go to a different destination."

Forgive me if I'm preaching to the choir.....

I just checked the getaways list... there are Premier Resorts with TONS of availability in ORL for 25-35$ per night. That's got to be pretty close to the exchange fee for xyz with no real restrictions.

Give it a look.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
That hold true for Orlando, and a few other places where Getaways prices are often fairly low. But yes, I get your drift, I always check getaways at first also, just in case to get an idea.

XYZ and Choose 2 works good only if you can book within the grid dates before your exchange check-in, so basically, you pretty much can only go about 3 months out after your exchange week.

But for an AC, definitely, getaways in Orlando can sometimes be as cheap or cheaper as well than the AC itself, so it's worth to check in that case also

Great3

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

OR

That hold true for Orlando, and a few other places where Getaways prices are often fairly low. But yes, I get your drift, I always check getaways at first also, just in case to get an idea.

XYZ and Choose 2 works good only if you can book within the grid dates before your exchange check-in, so basically, you pretty much can only go about 3 months out after your exchange week.

But for an AC, definitely, getaways in Orlando can sometimes be as cheap or cheaper as well than the AC itself, so it's worth to check in that case also

Great3

Sorry Great3....that was aimed at the OP: who I assume is still looking.

Cheers! :wave: