• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to Navigate to RCI on HGVC Website?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi, Fairly new to HGVC - I cannot figure out how to navigate to the RCI portal. I have clicked on the button that says "Stay at an RCI Resort" that comes up when you click on the header called "My Points". However, once I click on that, I am led to a page that says:

"Use the menu to the left to navigate and explore the RCI Collection of Resorts... and even request your next RCI getaway online.
Click "Reservations" on the menu to request an RCI reservation. Resort Vacation Exchange reservations may be made in weekly or nightly increments at select resorts. Reservations may be made with Points and/or Bonus Points."

It seems to me that they can't be talking about the SAME MENU on the left that I just navigated in from, because when I click on "My Reservations" That tab refers to HGVC bookings. I also don't see any selection or sub-selection that says "RCI Collection of Resorts". Do I need to call RCI and tell them something to link my account to HGVC first? Or is this just a portal, similar to the Wyndham Portal where I should be navigating to an RCI page somehow? Please help.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
On the left, click on My Club, RCI, then reservations. That screen will give you a link to click to go to RCI site.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The link looks like a red ball with RCI on it, it will give you a warning that you are leaving hgvc web site, make sure the popup is not being blocked.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The "My Club" tab has the following choices for me:
Resort Collection
Hilton Portfolio of Brands
ClubPartner Perks
Member Offers

No RCI Choices

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So I Decided to call HGVC. It takes up to two weeks for the RCI link to show and it just doesn't show yet for my account. Thanks for the help!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I Decided to call HGVC. It takes up to two weeks for the RCI link to show and it just doesn't show yet for my account. Thanks for the help!

Do you remember your timeline from passing ROFR to having access to your unit via the HGVC website?

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Thanks for the Q&A everyone, appreciate the info
I am new to HGVC and just haven't gotten around to using their site much beyond logging in and checking my points allotments.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you remember your timeline from passing ROFR to having access to your unit via the HGVC website?

According to my closer they didn't reply to rofr til 9/18 (lies I am sure) and the deed was recorded electronically 9/21, sent to HGVC same day, per closer, and I called for my contract number 9/28. Faxed in my enrollment form and mutual fund honors form 9/28 and had called to get my membership number 9/30. Registered on the website 9/30. So roughly, 2 weeks. YMMV.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's pretty fast, I think. How long since ROFR was sent to HGVC until you got it back?

Where did you buy? I wonder if Hawaii accepts electronic deed filings.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought the unit in May. It was a Bay Club, and yes, Hawaii has electronic deed recording. I honestly think the closing company didn't even do anything with the sale until mid September because from what I have read here on Tug, the Bay Club automatically signs off on Rofr as soon as it is sent in as it is not really applicable there.

I also called HGVC frequently because I was waiting for this unit to be transferred before enrolling. I bought another Bay Club unit November 2014 and I had a lot of problems with that unit (getting it transferred) and so therefore I have been chomping at the bit to get into HGVC. 10 months is a long Time to wait. So I was actually pleasantly surprised the second one was done so quickly.

BTW, when I Called they said to wait for the second unit to be in my account before enrolling because it would be only one fee if I did. When I did I was charged $399 membership transfer fee and $140 club fee. No $315 initiation fee. So $539 for both units when I did them at once. So all in purchase and closing costs, $846 for 9600 Eoy.

Last edited:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is really low for so many points all in.

If I am reading this correctly, you paid 846-399-140=307.

At some point I would like to get more units to be used as trade in equity to get to the mid elite level.

Last edited:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

At some point I would like to get more units to be used as trade in equity to get to the mid elite level.

Yes, $251 (1st) and $56 (2nd) = $307. And actually, I had so many problems with getting the first unit transferred (9-10 months) that the closing company sent me a check for $539 because their listing said transfer was free and it was somewhat ambiguous as to whether that included HGVC transfer, and at that point the closing was a thorn in their side. So my real out of pocket was actually just the $307 for both. :banana:

love2travel123

TUG Member
Reaction score

Will they accept resale as an equity trade in? I am trying to make the highest level of elite now and was quoted a $50k pricetag to get us there. I am hoping to find a less expensive way.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will they accept resale as an equity trade in? I am trying to make the highest level of elite now and was quoted a $50k pricetag to get us there. I am hoping to find a less expensive way.

I believe so. I have read posts saying that HGVC offers upgrades of current VOIs. That's what I called a trade in. I would assume that they upgrade weeks that are appealing to them to turn them into making more money a second time. :hysterical:

Last edited:

love2travel123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe so. I have read posts saying that HGVC offers upgrades of current VOIs. That's what I called a trade in. I would assume that they upgrade weeks that are appealing to them to turn them inyo making more money a second time. :hysterical:

Thanks so much!!

I will look into that route then. I'm willing to let them make a profit, just not such a big one at my expense :)

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much!!

I will look into that route then. I'm willing to let them make a profit, just not such a big one at my expense :)

Please post what you find out. I am interested in learning what the actual upgrade options are specifically what resorts/units HGVC is wiling to take and what kind of trade in equity they offer. For instance, Starwood offers 80% of the original sale price charge at select resorts in the high seasons.

Wgk101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Las Vegas blvd
Charter Club Marco Island
Flamingo
I attended an owners update presentation at park solid in Orlando Lat feb. I own two 7000 units in lv which I purchased resale. They offered to take my two units and credit what the original owner paid ($64000) toward a new sale of 14000 points for only an additional $29000 to become elite plus 500,000 hHonors points. I said that if they were going to charge me an additional 29k I also neede more points. They recalculated a worked a deal where I would own 3 new timeshares for 25000 points a fm of over 3000 for an additional $45000. Needless to say I declined theoffer

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I attended an owners update presentation at park solid in Orlando Lat feb. I own two 7000 units in lv which I purchased resale. They offered to take my two units and credit what the original owner paid ($64000) toward a new sale of 14000 points for only an additional $29000 to become elite plus 500,000 hHonors points. I said that if they were going to charge me an additional 29k I also neede more points. They recalculated a worked a deal where I would own 3 new timeshares for 25000 points a fm of over 3000 for an additional $45000. Needless to say I declined theoffer

In your case, would they have been able to take just one of the units as equity and upgrade (convert to a unit that counts towards elite status) the other one?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Many years ago, at an 'owners update,' they offered to trade my resale unit with a credit for the original retail price (and throw in a ton of HH-points), if I would pay full-price to upgrade. Me: "Why would I 'give' you $30K + my current unit for something I could buy resale for ~$8K. That makes no sense." They: "You'd be elite." I say no... Repeated 10x. I've avoided all their calls ever since.

But I can understand that some peep think Elite status might make it worthwhile... But not moi.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Whether or not they will take your resale as a trade in and how much they will offer you depends on who you are talking to, when and how much additional $ you are going to pay them. It has varied all over the place. Basically, if you don't like what they tell you, try again somewhere else another time.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, at an 'owners update,' they offered to trade my resale unit with a credit for the original retail price (and throw in a ton of HH-points), if I would pay full-price to upgrade. Me: "Why would I 'give' you $30K + my current unit for something I could buy resale for ~$8K. That makes no sense." They: "You'd be elite." I say no... Repeated 10x. I've avoided all their calls ever since.

But I can understand that some peep think Elite status might make it worthwhile... But not moi.

Agreed, it all depends on the value you assign to the elite benefits. It will not be worth it at a high cost, which seems to be the case.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whether or not they will take your resale as a trade in and how much they will offer you depends on who you are talking to, when and how much additional $ you are going to pay them. It has varied all over the place. Basically, if you don't like what they tell you, try again somewhere else another time.

Agree, getting the right answer (offer) is the first and most important step.