• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Points - Seven nights or nothing at Waiohai

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
While trying to make a points reservation online for next year at Waiohai, seven nights were available on my requested start date but not five. I was trying to add five nights to our week at Waiohai beginning on October 2nd. I had booked the previous seven days with our Waiohai week and wanted to add the five nights for a 12 night stay. “No Availability" for five, only seven and nothing less. I wish a salesman had been here to explain that one to me.

I called a very helpful VOA who confirmed what I was seeing (and could not explain it) and told me the easy way to do it was to just go ahead and book the seven nights and then call back in a few days and cancel the last two nights, giving me the five I wanted.

Never had that problem before at Waiohai or anywhere else.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
How far out is the reservation? Are you Executive Level? In order to add less than 7 days, you must be Executive level or the reservation must be less than 10 months out. Since your week starts Oct 2, sounds like you are adding between 12-13 months out. If you aren't Executive or higher, you can't make a 5 day reservation but you can make a 7+ day reservation. It's how the system is designed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How far out is the reservation? Are you Executive Level? In order to add less than 7 days, you must be Executive level or the reservation must be less than 10 months out. Since your week starts Oct 2, sounds like you are adding between 12-13 months out. If you aren't Executive or higher, you can't make a 5 day reservation but you can make a 7+ day reservation. It's how the system is designed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suspect that this is indeed the case. Must have 6,500 or 7,000 DC points to be executive. Depending on where one was before the new levels became effective.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points

Though doing it yourself online, the system would not even get to the point where it starts the search and tells you No Availability if that were the case. If you cannot yet search for less than 7 days and enter a number less than 7, the day toggle turns red and it won't even let you click on Search Availability. If you click on the little red exclamation point next to the number of nights you entered, a little pop up occurs that tells you that you can only search for 7-21 days. For the OP to say he saw "No Availability", this doesn't sound like the issue. And certainly, can't we assume the VOA would have realized that was the case (I know, I know...perhaps not).

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Though doing it yourself online, the system would not even get to the point where it starts the search and tells you No Availability if that were the case. If you cannot yet search for less than 7 days and enter a number less than 7, the day toggle turns red and it won't even let you click on Search Availability. If you click on the little red exclamation point next to the number of nights you entered, a little pop up occurs that tells you that you can only search for 7-21 days. For the OP to say he saw "No Availability", this doesn't sound like the issue. And certainly, can't we assume the VOA would have realized that was the case (I know, I know...perhaps not).

Could it be not enough points? I believe it will show no availability if you try to search for more than you have points to book.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Could it be not enough points? I believe it will show no availability if you try to search for more than you have points to book.

Certainly a possibility, but if the suggestion from the VOA was to book 7 and drop to 5 later....perhaps not. .

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Certainly a possibility, but if the suggestion from the VOA was to book 7 and drop to 5 later....perhaps not. .

Yeah, never mind. I had it backwards in my head.

dualrated2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina, Waiohai, Grand Chateau, Desert Springs Villas, Willow Ridge
Not sure where the glitch is. We are Chairman's Club and I've got sufficient points to cover the week having deposited one of my other Waiohai weeks to add to purchased Trust points.

The VOA hadn't run into this before and couldn't explain why I was restricted to seven days or nothing either.

I'll wait a few days and call and cancel days six and seven of the reservation as they overlap the beginning of an eight day stretch at Ko Olina.