• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

whats the difference betweeen type 1 and type 2?

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
my first contract is type 1 the one am intending to buy is type 2
TIA

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
No idea. You need to provide a lot more information. It is probably specific to a room type at a certain resort.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
TIA

To the OP, we need more information. Please define what is type 1 and define what is type 2?

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
sometimes type 1 is better, in other instances type 2 is better. You NEVER want to get a Type 4 or 5...

I tend to use the following logic.

Type 1 is better in all circimstances except when Type 2 is better.
Type 2 is better in all circimstances except when Type 1 is better.

you then plot it out on a Quadrent Graph.

And then you buy the timeshare at the spot where they intersect.

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first deed i bought i found type 2 written in deed its a 4800 1 bedroom las vegas karen platinum
And the one am buying now , i found in the agreement contract type 1 its a 3400 1 bedroom gold season las vegas strip

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
sometimes type 1 is better, in other instances type 2 is better. You NEVER want to get a Type 4 or 5...

I tend to use the following logic.

Type 1 is better in all circimstances except when Type 2 is better.
Type 2 is better in all circimstances except when Type 1 is better.

you then plot it out on a Quadrent Graph.

And then you buy the timeshare at the spot where they intersect.

You have a great analytical skills but a lack of sense of humor :)

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have a great analytical skills but a lack of sense of humor :)

I would just focus on the fixed week that is being bought, the room type, and what the points value is.

If necessary, I would ask for evidence of the point value if it doesn't specifically state it on the deed (like being told it is a 1BR Plus or Penthouse, but not having that listed on the deed).

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would just focus on the fixed week that is being bought, the room type, and what the points value is.

If necessary, I would ask for evidence of the point value if it doesn't specifically state it on the deed (like being told it is a 1BR Plus or Penthouse, but not having that listed on the deed).

Ok thanks
In the agreement contract its written:
PROPERTY DESCRIPTION
Resort Name: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Las Vegas Boulevard
Address: 2650 S. Las Vegas Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89109
Unit number(s) and week(s): Type 2 Vacation Ownership Interest, 1 Bedroom, Odd Numbered Year​
Points Allotted: 3400 Points; allocated on ODD years
Season: N/A

So am afraid cause there is no season written and when i asked the company they told me we can wait till we see thr estopel
So my question is should i sign this contract and resend it? And if i find any mistake on the estopel , i can cancel this contract!?as they didnt respect it?
Or it will be late?
Thanks

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
If you look at the point chart for LV Boulevard. You will see that a one bedroom is 3400 points in Gold season, so that is what your buying.

If your happy with 3400 points, EOY then its all fine and no reason to back out.

Platinum would be 4800 points, and i don't see silver listed as option for this resort.

aamista

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you look at the point chart for LV Boulevard. You will see that a one bedroom is 3400 points in Gold season, so that is what your buying.

If your happy with 3400 points, EOY then its all fine and no reason to back out.

Platinum would be 4800 points, and i don't see silver listed as option for this resort.

Yeah thanks
Is there a fixed week in hgvc? Or it doesnt make sense as it shows it have 3400 points?

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Yeah thanks
Is there a fixed week in hgvc? Or it doesnt make sense as it shows it have 3400 points?

This is a floating week. The deed / contract may list a specific unit and week, but that is just for record-keeping to ensure they only sell as many intervals as actually exist.

Not sure if they have any fixed weeks in Vegas. Maybe New Years, but that is probably it.

Yours will be floating, not fixed.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
TIA

My platinum HGVC deeds indicate Type 1
gold deeds indicate Type 2

GonzSquad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village (pending resale purchase)
My platinum HGVC deeds indicate Type 1
gold deeds indicate Type 2

FWIW, I'm buying a resale from a couple who first bought a Gold at Tuscany Village (that deed notes Type 2) and then upgraded to Platinum a year later (that deed notes Type 1). If I find anything else that further corroborates that, I'll be sure to come back ... granted this thread is now almost 7 years old!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO, Hilton needs to simplify their whole system.
Type 1 or Type 2 are just one example.
another: walking the reservation

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Type 1 is inherited. Type 2 is acquired.
Wait... That's something very different.
Nevermind.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Unit types are defined in the resort’s HOA Declaration documentation.
For SeaWorld and Flamingo, the types were associated with the weeks for each Season (Platinum, Gold, etc).

Here are the unit type 2 definitions for SeaWorld and the Flamingo

The Declaration document for HGVC Flamingo ("FHRC Suites") states under section 8.3.2 "Type II Vacation Ownership Interests shall be the annually recurring Time Periods which include Time Periods 9 through 20 and 37 through 43.". Based on the weeks given we can determined that a Flamingo Unit Type 2 is Platinum Season week.

The Declaration document for HGVC SeaWorld Unit ("Orlando Vacation Suites II") states under section 12.14 "Floating Use Plan: Unit Weeks in the Condominium shall be subject to a floating use plan as provided herein. In this regard, each Unit Week shall be designated as follows: Type II: Week 1 through 5, 16 though 23, and 33 through 43 ". Based on the weeks given we can determined that a SeaWorld Unit Type 2 is Gold Season week.

GonzSquad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Tuscany Village (pending resale purchase)
Unit types are defined in the resort’s HOA Declaration documentation.

Similar for HGVC Tuscany Village / International Drive. The Declaration defines them as (Phase 4 screenshot below; but it's the same in the original Declaration, Book 6630, Pg 4303):

Type I is Weeks 6-15, 24-32, and 51 & 52
Type II is Weeks 1-5, 16-23, and 33-43
Type III is Weeks 44-50

Phase 4 - Tuscany.png

PS. Those interested in searching the deeds and declarations directly (for the Orange County, Florida based timeshares) can find them at: https://www.occompt.com/services/records-search/

Last edited: