• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR - 30+ days

jlm77

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my ROFR. I just called the transfer company and they said 30 days is the average, but sometimes they do take longer. I'm checking their online tracking form almost daily.

This seems like such a long process. Once it clears, they are telling me 1wk to 1 month to record deed and another 4-6 weeks to have the resort sign off on it.

The process seems overkill and alot of paper work, for a 1 week annual vacation.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my ROFR. I just called the transfer company and they said 30 days is the average, but sometimes they do take longer. I'm checking their online tracking form almost daily.

This seems like such a long process. Once it clears, they are telling me 1wk to 1 month to record deed and another 4-6 weeks to have the resort sign off on it.

The process seems overkill and alot of paper work, for a 1 week annual vacation.

Ny Rofr took 4 weeks and the deed are going to be recorded today. After that Hilton takes approx 3-4 weeks to complete the transfer in their system.

The recording of the deed normally takes 2 days or so. In my situation it took longer as the seller needed to provide the original deed to the closing agent. This took more than 1 week :annoyed:

I expect by end September that the transfer has completed.

Regards.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The original condo-declaration docs set the terms for ROFR.
Typically, they get 30 days in which to decide and notify.
In our case, they sent us a waiver in about three weeks.

llwilson

Reaction score
What does Hilton use as criteria for the ROFR? Is it price only? Do they cross-reference buyers who may have recently taken the developer tour and exercise the rofr with them to make it harder to buy resale? Just wondering . . . hmmm

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I think it has more to do with their inventory levels than anything else.
But net profit from a re-selling "their" unit prolly is a factor.

They won't want too much of a certain category and so pass on some.
OTOH, they may be short and thus, willing to pay more to get more.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just have a ROFR come back in about 10 days. Perhaps some are more "automatic" for certain reasons (the price is high, the property is one they don't care about) and fly through ROFR while others (possibly yours) is one that needs more review/approval as it's borderline as to if they want it back or not.

vincepecoraro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mixed Experiences

My 4,800 point King's Land deed took exactly 30 days to pass ROFR, and the recording happened quickly thereafter. Still waiting for Hilton to complete its internal process, which will hit 30 days next week.

I also bought a 7,000 point Flamingo property (which this forum has stated multiple times is the only HGVC that ROFR is not required), and it has been 45 days since the title company submitted the request. I was contacted today, and they said they hope to know by next week. :crash:

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
With your King's Land, can you please outline the steps that took place after getting ROFR?

I think recording and resort transfer are the only steps, is that right?

vincepecoraro

TUG Member
Reaction score
With your King's Land, can you please outline the steps that took place after getting ROFR?

I think recording and resort transfer are the only steps, is that right?

You are correct.

The county has to record the deed, which happened extremely quickly. Then the resort took a full month to get its paperwork together and put the points into my account. The points officially hit my account two days ago on 16 Sep 2015.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct.

The county has to record the deed, which happened extremely quickly. Then the resort took a full month to get its paperwork together and put the points into my account. The points officially hit my account two days ago on 16 Sep 2015.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your Kings' Land and what are your MF?

vincepecoraro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid $1,825 including all transfer fees/title company fees.

Including the $140 annual member fee, my maintenance fee is $1,318 for 4,800 points.

This was my first unit and I really wanted to get something on the big island. On a cost per point basis, this is not the best deal at $.27 per point (maintenance fees wise). The high value point units can get as low as $.10 per point for maintenance fees.

What is interesting is that this same unit was originally purchased for over $22k less than five years ago, and Hilton didn't choose to exercise ROFR on my purchase that was a fraction of the cost. It isn't like there is really ever a new timeshare, so this tells me Hilton has abandoned its exercising of ROFR, at least on the low point value units.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's a low purchase price. Hopefully mine passes like yours.

jlm77

Reaction score
Just received noticed that it passed ROFR, now they are working on recording the deed