• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2015 ] Bluegreen Developer purchase made today

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Went to a Bluegreen presentation today and purchased 8,000 Bi at Cibolo in AZ. they said it doesn't matter the home resort because it's the points that matter. Paid $10,000 and maintenance is $542 a year
Of course, got the charter membership, 4N cruise yada yada.

I liked it because we don't do full week vacations anymore and do 2-3 night getaways and live in FL and it seems to have a lot of Florida beach resorts.
So between the points and unlimited bonus times, I think it may be a good fit.

I'm ready for your advice, please give it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am a happy Bluegreen owner.

This is NOT a good deal. Rescind immediately and start doing more research.
Unlimited bonus time is attractive but not a reason to pay that price.

jmparker98223

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind this as quickly as possible. There are plenty of Bluegreen Points for sale on the TUG site for a heck of a lot less.

Look also at Worldmark Points on TUG and eBay.

Worldmark is extremely flexible to use and has a tremendous number of destinations. 2 or 3 nights is easy to do on bonus time or inventory specials, you don't even need to use points (credits) but you must be an owner to get these specials.
Good luck with the rescission and happy hunting.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Just for an example of what you could get for way way less money, here is a current auction for 6,000 bi points at that resort.

If you want bonus time at that resort you will need to be deeded there if you don't own any qualified points.

The resorts I want to stay at don't have bonus time available when I want to go so it's not important to me to own qualified points.

If you must have qualified points it's cheaper to buy them through Pinnacle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-USE-6-...47364-34330-/111767331170?hash=item1a05da2162

This one includes a years use for no extra charge.

Take the advice of others and rescind this immediately. There are many owners giving away their ownerships.

Here's another auction at that resort that doesn't appear to be part of the BG points system if you want to just own there. Ask the seller the right questions to see if this is in fact not part of the points system if you are interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-USE-2-...45601-35032-/271982530469?hash=item3f536c0fa5

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
I'm ready for your advice, please give it.
Rescind now while you still can. The deal will still be there after you've explored all other options out there no matter what the salesman wants you to believe.

You just have a few days in which you can rescind your contract and if you let that time pass you'll never have this opportunity again. Look at your contract for an address where you can send a certified letter rescinding the contract. All parties who signed the agreement must sign the letter, but it can be just a simple statement that you are rescinding the contract and expect all money you paid to be returned. Get a receipt from the post office showing that you mailed the letter within the rescission time period. That's the key.

$10,000 is a lot of money and you can certainly do better on the resale market.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone! Just got back from the post office.. guarding that receipt like it's gold. It's funny when I was signing, I said to my husband, $10,000 for quite a few vacations isn't bad especially when the maintenance is only five hundred and change. Plus the 4N cruise.was about $800, but when I got on here it was an eye opener. I think what really sold me on BG is the unlimited bonus time and since we do long weekends in non peak times now and with quite a few of the resorts in Florida, I was sold.
Again, I want to thank everyone :)

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats on getting out from under that. Now, take your time, look at all the systems, (most are plentiful in Florida) and figure out which one you really want. Rent first to see if you like the quality. The resale deal will always be there. No need to rush into anything.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone! Just got back from the post office.. guarding that receipt like it's gold. It's funny when I was signing, I said to my husband, $10,000 for quite a few vacations isn't bad especially when the maintenance is only five hundred and change. Plus the 4N cruise.was about $800, but when I got on here it was an eye opener. I think what really sold me on BG is the unlimited bonus time and since we do long weekends in non peak times now and with quite a few of the resorts in Florida, I was sold.
Again, I want to thank everyone :)

The bonus time perk is nice and if you find that it is what you want check into a small qualified deed from Pinnacle. They just raised the minimum price you'd have to pay to get qualified points but if you're going to use BT a lot it should pay for itself in a relatively short time.

After about 126 nights in a 2br you'd be even on that $10,000 purchase at today's cost of BT.

Keep in mind that with bonus time, you or someone on your deed must be there at check in, so get family members included if you want to share your time with them.

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you find that BT is available? They said based on availability and you can't book till 45 days out, is it hard to get availability at that time.

BG is an interesting TS, I use to own Sheraton Vistana Resort and if you broke up your week they'd charge housekeeping charges after the 1st stay.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you find that BT is available? They said based on availability and you can't book till 45 days out, is it hard to get availability at that time.

BG is an interesting TS, I use to own Sheraton Vistana Resort and if you broke up your week they'd charge housekeeping charges after the 1st stay.

No house keeping fees, no reservation fees, no guest fees and 2 day min stays at most resorts.

I can only get bonus time at the resort in Marathon Fl and for Oct there is only one Fri check in and one Sunday check in available. There are some weekdays but it's cheaper to use points for those. There are none for Sept. The BT availability is the same as points reservations availability.

In Nov there is one Monday check in available for BT.

What I have been told, and it makes sense, if there is no ressie availability at a resort there won't be any BT there either.

Looking at the points chart can give you a good idea. If the dates you want are high red or higher for points use it's a very popular time at that resort and BT won't be readily available.

geekette

Reaction score
Bonus time is hit and miss. Since I generally travel offseason it's not that difficult. The important thing is to plan ahead, and if at first your desired time and place is not available, Check Back. Cancellations do happen, even at prime time, even at prime resorts.

Congrats, I have been a happy BG owner for about a decade and a half.

ediesbeads

Reaction score
We are happy BG owners. We've owned since 08 and I've gotten pretty savvy at using shoulder seasons, and Bonus Time. We also used Hot Weeks once. That was a cheap week in Orlando. We were already there and decided to increase the length of our trip!

If you buy resale, the points are so cheap, you don't need bonus time. You'll have all the points to need to vacation where you want! Availability during high seasons at some resorts may be difficult, but off season is easy peasy.

Good Luck!
Edie