• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

May 2016 [Exchanging for DVC]

BC Bum

Reaction score
I've never traded into DVC before. I'm interested in May 2016. How far in advance do they put up points?

BC Bum

Reaction score
I've never traded into DVC before. I'm interested in May 2016. How far in advance do they put up points?

I should have been more clear. I'm referring to RCI

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're trading in RCI Weeks, I would start an Ongoing Search now if you can.

If you have a particular resort where you'd like to stay -- like BWV or BCV because of the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot -- I would only list those resorts. If you get closer to arrival and you're afraid you won't get anything, you can broaden your search without losing your early search priority. But if you start out with a broad search, you're going to get SSR.

You can check the TUG Sightings board for more accurate info, but my sense is that DVC is doing their bulk deposits around 5-7 months from arrival. For the last year or more, they have been depositing almost exclusively one bedrooms.

If you're trading a fixed-grid system like Wyndham or Hilton, a DVC exchange is pretty doable. If you're trading based on TPU, you'll have to research that and be sure you have enough trading power.

May is a great time of the year for WDW! Have a great trip.

BC Bum

Reaction score
I'm actually a DVC member at BCV and BWV but I've burned through all my points for a while. I only see SSR available right now through Feb 2016. I'll be trading points.

MIDisfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm actually a DVC member at BCV and BWV but I've burned through all my points for a while. I only see SSR available right now through Feb 2016. I'll be trading points.

You need to set up an OGS as soon as possible with your RCI points account. SSR will likely be the only resort to match at this point, unless the DVC deposit pattern changes for next year.

Keep in mind that an OGS search on the points side would require that your RCI Points membership be paid through the use year of your travel dates. So if your current use year ends before may of 2016 you will need to extend your membership and pay the exchange fee when you set up the OGS. If you're platinum you can call in to start the OGS without the exchange fee upfront.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two RCI systems: Weeks and Points. Some resorts trade in both, some offer availability in both.

The question is not what you are depositing into RCI -- a fixed week or points from some points-based system. The critical thing is where in RCI you are seeking inventory -- RCI Weeks inventory or RCI Points inventory. They are two separate banks of inventory.

I don't believe there is any such thing as an OGS in the RCI Points inventory, but there is one in Weeks.

As far as I know, the only way to search in RCI Points would be to watch the Sightings board and then manually check in Points several times daily once DVC starts making deposits.

MIDisfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are two RCI systems: Weeks and Points. Some resorts trade in both, some offer availability in both.

The question is not what you are depositing into RCI -- a fixed week or points from some points-based system. The critical thing is where in RCI you are seeking inventory -- RCI Weeks inventory or RCI Points inventory. They are two separate banks of inventory.

I don't believe there is any such thing as an OGS in the RCI Points inventory, but there is one in Weeks.

As far as I know, the only way to search in RCI Points would be to watch the Sightings board and then manually check in Points several times daily once DVC starts making deposits.

You can set up OGS within RCI Points the same as you can on the weeks side. The Points search will only pull inventory from the units deposited into the Weeks side.

JimMIA

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can set up OGS within RCI Points the same as you can on the weeks side. The Points search will only pull inventory from the units deposited into the Weeks side.
I think we're saying the same thing.

With an OGS, you would not get Points inventory -- only Weeks. For Points inventory, you would have to do manual searches...right?

BC Bum

Reaction score
I'll just keep checking. They put a few more SSR weeks today.

MIDisfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we're saying the same thing.

With an OGS, you would not get Points inventory -- only Weeks. For Points inventory, you would have to do manual searches...right?

I agree. We are saying the same thing. However, my observation since the deposit patterns have changed is that the Points inventory isn't much different than weeks inventory.