• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Mayan Nuevo Vallarta

catwgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a day or two, I will be booking a two bedroom unit at GM NV. I notice RCI has two different resort numbers for this resort: 7486 and 7491. Does anyone know if there is a difference? In the "room details" section on RCI, Resort #7486 says that two bedroom units have the bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs. I wasn't aware that there were any townhouse type units at this resort. I have only been there once, and there were only two buildings at that time. The other two buildings were still being built. Are they the ones with townhouse units? TIA.

Johnsp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe, Marriott, Worldmark
I have stayed in Grand Mayan a number of times and have never encountered townhouse units. The units are the same in all Grand Mayan buildings.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I have stayed in Grand Mayan a number of times and have never encountered townhouse units. The units are the same in all Grand Mayan buildings.

That is correct for all the Grand Mayan units. In the Grand Luxxe inventory, there are the Loft units that are two stories that are the middle floors of GL 3 & 4 - but those are not Grand Mayan units.

Mike

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
The only problem with RCI exchanges into the GM Nuevo Vallarta is often time exchangers complain about their room assignment. This resort has half of the rooms as ocean view and the other half is mountain view. The mountain view is looking over the parking area and golf course out to the mountain.

To get an ocean view often times requires an exchanger to agree to a presentation. This was the case on our visit. To us, the presentation was worth it as we ended up on a higher floor with an ocean view.

Bill

visor

Reaction score
The only problem with RCI exchanges into the GM Nuevo Vallarta is often time exchangers complain about their room assignment. This resort has half of the rooms as ocean view and the other half is mountain view. The mountain view is looking over the parking area and golf course out to the mountain.

To get an ocean view often times requires an exchanger to agree to a presentation. This was the case on our visit. To us, the presentation was worth it as we ended up on a higher floor with an ocean view.

Bill
Ouch, I'd hate to have my wife and I sit thru a 2 hr "presentation" just for the view when I'm there in March.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Ouch, I'd hate to have my wife and I sit thru a 2 hr "presentation" just for the view when I'm there in March.

2 hours? More like 4-6 hours (search for posts in this forum -- I am not exaggerating!).

Just say no to the presentation. I find I don't spend much time in the room anyway, so an enhanced view would certainly not be worth a 1/2 day of my vacation!

Kurt

visor

Reaction score
2 hours? More like 4-6 hours (search for posts in this forum -- I am not exaggerating!).

Just say no to the presentation. I find I don't spend much time in the room anyway, so an enhanced view would certainly not be worth a 1/2 day of my vacation!

Kurt
Yikes, tks for the heads up. Looks like it'll be mountain view for us then... :D

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Actually after a day on the beach or out and about, the deck on the mountain view side is wonderful because it is shady. We are owners and have had the choice of which side for about 10 years and we often choose the non-ocean view side just because of the shade in the afternoon. When our extended family goes with us, we choose to have one unit on each so that we can get both.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Someone posted on this site a while back, that they say yes to the presentation and put up the $10-20 show up money, get the better room, and then don't go to the presentation.
Seems like a good deal. Has anyone else tried it successfully?

Neesie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone posted on this site a while back, that they say yes to the presentation and put up the $10-20 show up money, get the better room, and then don't go to the presentation.
Seems like a good deal. Has anyone else tried it successfully?

No I haven't but thanks for the idea. We are always told, when checking into a timeshare in Mexico that only the people who agree to the tour get the nice units.

When we were assigned our room at the Grand Mayan NV we were so close to the giant Mayan statues in the dark entrance that we could hear the bass and the drums that played 24/7. I stayed one week at GM NV and two more weeks at boutique hotels in downtown PV and the romantic zone. It was then I realized that the cozy places with the great locations were superior to the rambling resorts in the suburbs. Another observation (and this is true of US and Mexico) why do large resorts charge for WiFi when the boutique places provide it for free?