• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SumDay Vacations - Cancelled bids (eBay)

zenfloater

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I was happily bidding on a property and it clearly states that they cannot cancel the eBay auction within 12 hours of the end of the auction.
I called in (my mistake I guess) and asked a question about the purchase and no more than 4 minutes later received an email from eBay that all bids are retracted by the seller and that the property was already sold today.

The representative made no mention of the property being sold when I called in and I smell something absolutely fishy about this. I've heard that they have a reputation for this type of behavior ... very unfortunate.

Pissed off.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
They sell from a website. If it's not on the website anymore, it was probably sold and that is why they removed it from Ebay. It happens. The only way to avoid that is to buy it off their website or avoid all of their auctions.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Sumday website is better. They have many places dirt cheap!

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sumday does a lot of volume. They sometimes make mistakes. They try to make good when they can, but it's not always possible. For example, they can't sell you something they don't actually have.

I leave it to the reader to decide whether those mistakes are accidental, intentional, or some combination. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. If you are buying from Sumday (or most any other high-volume reseller) you have to accept that sometimes a deal will go south. If you can't accept that, don't shop with them. On balance, it seems to me that Sumday has a positive reputation, though not necessarily a spotless one. I'd do business with them if I were in the market.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
You shouldnt be bidding early on eBay auctions anyway, that drives up the price, always use a snipe service and set it for the max you are willing to pay.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

JeffBrown

TUG Member
Reaction score
We do not cancel for lack of cause.

So I was happily bidding on a property and it clearly states that they cannot cancel the eBay auction within 12 hours of the end of the auction.
I called in (my mistake I guess) and asked a question about the purchase and no more than 4 minutes later received an email from eBay that all bids are retracted by the seller and that the property was already sold today.

The representative made no mention of the property being sold when I called in and I smell something absolutely fishy about this. I've heard that they have a reputation for this type of behavior ... very unfortunate.

Pissed off.

I'm sorry that you feel Sumday Vacations wronged you in some way, but a bid on an auction is not a winning bid so you can't say that you "owned" it at that point, you were just interested in purchasing it. Very often when someone finds something on ebay and they see a bid on it they will then jump on our website, look at the price and if they want it and don't want to risk losing it at the end of an auction to a snipe service they simply purchase it.

In this case, that is exactly what happened, your phone call did not trigger us cancelling the auction, a sale of the property did. We only end auctions for 1 of 2 reasons. 1)Sold via phone or website. 2.)Vital information is found to be inaccurate or missing from the auction and it cannot be changed without cancelling and re-starting the auction.

I hope that you find something else from our inventory and that we have the opportunity to show you how timeshare purchases should be done.

Sincerely,
Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

zenfloater

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you feel Sumday Vacations wronged you in some way, but a bid on an auction is not a winning bid so you can't say that you "owned" it at that point, you were just interested in purchasing it. Very often when someone finds something on ebay and they see a bid on it they will then jump on our website, look at the price and if they want it and don't want to risk losing it at the end of an auction to a snipe service they simply purchase it.

In this case, that is exactly what happened, your phone call did not trigger us cancelling the auction, a sale of the property did. We only end auctions for 1 of 2 reasons. 1)Sold via phone or website. 2.)Vital information is found to be inaccurate or missing from the auction and it cannot be changed without cancelling and re-starting the auction.

I hope that you find something else from our inventory and that we have the opportunity to show you how timeshare purchases should be done.

Sincerely,
Jeff Brown
Sumday Vacations

I appreciate your response Jeff and fully understand that bidding on an auction does not equate to owning it unless the auction is actually won. Regardless, I will accept responsibility for not knowing that you have a parallel buying process along with eBay and I should have inquired of that when I called.

From my perspective, you can understand how it may have seemed when minutes after my phone call the auction bids were retracted and the property was deemed sold earlier today.

My search continues and hope to do business with you soon.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate your response Jeff and fully understand that bidding on an auction does not equate to owning it unless the auction is actually won. Regardless, I will accept responsibility for not knowing that you have a parallel buying process along with eBay and I should have inquired of that when I called.

From my perspective, you can understand how it may have seemed when minutes after my phone call the auction bids were retracted and the property was deemed sold earlier today.

My search continues and hope to do business with you soon.

If I recall, he puts a disclaimer on all his descriptions that this item is also offered via different channels and the EBay offering can be ended at any time if sold otherwise. I could be wrong.

zenfloater

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I recall, he puts a disclaimer on all his descriptions that this item is also offered via different channels and the EBay offering can be ended at any time if sold otherwise. I could be wrong.

Yes the disclaimer was there however when I called in about the item I was not given the option to "bid" on it off the website eventhough I mentioned it. Therefore I believed that being within the final 12 hours of the eBay auction that option was no longer available.
Again, probably my fault for not know the Sumday auction "rules" :)

Case closed. Rant over. The search continues .... :)

ChrisandBeth

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is TUG at its best. A problem raised an answer given, next case.
I submit that without TUG this might have ended very differently, with bad feelings all round
Chris

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I think I know how this feels...
Kind'a like if your DW says, "Would you like some chocolate ice cream?"
Goes in the kitchen, comes back and says, "Sorry, we don't have any."

Me: "Can you go to the store to buy some more?"

Last edited:

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are looking at the timeshare on Sumday Vacations on ebay, go to their site and see what the property is asking for.

If you know you really want the property and the price on their site is what you would pay, I would go through their portal and buy it now.

I have done this on multiple timeshares that they listed on ebay and went to their site and purchased it directly.

Take a look at what the ebay history of the timeshare you purchased and see how much it was going.

You can also make an offer ahead of time to Sumday Vacations directly to avoid the bidding and someone buying it.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with the point of this post - I do not trust Sumday based on my personal dealing with them on E-Bay and what I'll call an "odd coincidence". I will never bid on one of their items again.

I've had very good luck with J&J Timeshares and KDTimeshares as well as several private brokers that are mentioned on here frequently.

Last edited:

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You shouldnt be bidding early on eBay auctions anyway, that drives up the price, always use a snipe service and set it for the max you are willing to pay.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

Totally agree. Well said.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are looking at the timeshare on Sumday Vacations on ebay, go to their site and see what the property is asking for.

If you know you really want the property and the price on their site is what you would pay, I would go through their portal and buy it now.

I have done this on multiple timeshares that they listed on ebay and went to their site and purchased it directly.

Take a look at what the ebay history of the timeshare you purchased and see how much it was going.

You can also make an offer ahead of time to Sumday Vacations directly to avoid the bidding and someone buying it.

Isn't this where the "buy it now" feature on E-Bay comes into play? I can either bid or I can just "buy it now" at whatever price they have listed. I know the auction Zenfloater was talking about and I don't think it had the "buy it now" option listed. If Sumday is also selling these items on their website which can trump/veto E-Bay then why not list a "buy it now" option right on E-Bay like many of the other sellers do?