• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa Del Palmar Cabo

ProTurbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are about to rent in Palmar Cabo, we were there last year and 3 years before that with a cruise. We love the place.

We found a renter here in the Market place and wanted to know if there is such a room called a 2 bedroom room lock out Ocean view unit, which can accommodate up to 6 adults, at the Villa del Palmar Resort in Cabo san Lucas ?

I ask for a floor plan, but his showing me a arco floor plan, honest mistake but you guy know of a floor plan I can see in Palmar Cabo

Thank You

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am 99% sure there are no lockouts at VDP Cabo. Here is a link to the floor plans: http://www.myuvc.com/files/Floor plan VDP Cabo Feb 2014 (2).pdf

The only floor plan not shown is to a 2 BR penthouse which is what I have. I have not been to VDP Cabo since 2010 but an going back this year. I have been using my time at del Arco, PV and Cancun so I am looking forward to being back for 2 weeks in November! The only think I didn't like in the standard 2 BRs is no washer & dryer and the balconies are small, not a lot if room if you have 6 people on it.

ProTurbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am 99% sure there are no lockouts at VDP Cabo. Here is a link to the floor plans: http://www.myuvc.com/files/Floor plan VDP Cabo Feb 2014 (2).pdf

The only floor plan not shown is to a 2 BR penthouse which is what I have. I have not been to VDP Cabo since 2010 but an going back this year. I have been using my time at del Arco, PV and Cancun so I am looking forward to being back for 2 weeks in November! The only think I didn't like in the standard 2 BRs is no washer & dryer and the balconies are small, not a lot if room if you have 6 people on it.

Your right no lockout room at the palmar, but I did talk to the renter who is a member here. Very nice men and we when ahead. We will be 4 people.

Now will we be debating on the all exclusive or not

Thank you

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO, I would nit do the All Inclusive unless you like to eat and drink enough, and do not want to go into town. I have never done it, but, from what I understand, it does not include top shelf liquor and all menu items.
There is a deli on site that has excellent sandwiches. There is also a small store on the premises which has a decent, expensive selection. There is a Walmart a short cab ride away where you can get food and alcohol plus just about anything else you might need. I don't cook while on vacation but like to have breakfast, snack foods, fruits, and alcohol in my unit.
Food in Cabo is outstanding and should not be missed. VDP is a little far to walk to town but you can get a cab or rent a car. There are some restaurants along Medano Beach that are within an easier walking distance. For great info on restaurants and anything about Cabo, try the travel forums and reviews on Trip Advisor. I see some people only do the AI for a few days and then get out and about for the remaining days. Some people on the Trip Advisor PV forum have said the AI price can be negotiated.

ProTurbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will try no AI and see what happen, We were there last year and we really like the food also in Cabo.

Would you happen to know the cheapest way from the Airport to Villa Del Palmar? The resort want to charge us 21 per person.

Thank you

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will try no AI and see what happen, We were there last year and we really like the food also in Cabo.

Would you happen to know the cheapest way from the Airport to Villa Del Palmar? The resort want to charge us 21 per person.

Thank you
The question about transportation to and from the airport comes up all of the time on the Trip Advisor Forums so I suggest you check there. We always rent a car so I have no idea. When are you going? We will be there from 10/31 - 11/14, can't wait!

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
The question about transportation to and from the airport comes up all of the time on the Trip Advisor Forums so I suggest you check there. We always rent a car so I have no idea. When are you going? We will be there from 10/31 - 11/14, can't wait!

I went to Cabo in '13, and took a private driver to Hacienda Beach Club on Medano Beach. It cost $65 flat and was in a comfortable SUV.

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past, I have always just walked outside the airport terminal and boarded a shared transfer for about $11 US per person.

There are usually 2-3 of these white vans and small buses waiting there. Just ask how soon they're leaving.

The downside to this is that the buses wait until they are about half full to leave, but other than that I use this method exclusively.

A cheaper route that I haven't tried is only 70 pesos.http://www.rutadeldesierto.travel/english/index.html

ProTurbo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Will be going from Feb.1 to Feb 10, 2016. Can't wait either :)

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Are all the 2 bedroom suite have a partial view of the ocean ?

Building one on the upper floors look out at El Arco on the south side and Turtle Beach on the north side.

Building two, which is the reception building, looks out to the ocean on the east side and the parking area on the west side.

Building three has views of the ocean on upper floors facing north and views of the Enstancia to the south.

The best units are upper floor building two. My favorite view is El Arco so I like upper floor building 1 closer to the beach facing south.

Bill

ProTurbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building one on the upper floors look out at El Arco on the south side and Turtle Beach on the north side.

Building two, which is the reception building, looks out to the ocean on the east side and the parking area on the west side.

Building three has views of the ocean on upper floors facing north and views of the Enstancia to the south.

The best units are upper floor building two. My favorite view is El Arco so I like upper floor building 1 closer to the beach facing south.

Bill

Right On Bill. Thank you.

I will be eating a little more in town this time around, see what they have to offer :)

I know it will be good

Cheers

Last edited:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Right On Bill. Thank you.

I will be eating a little more in town this time around, see what they have to offer :)

I know it will be good

Cheers

Your Welcome !

I will also tell you about the decks. They are kind of small. If you have a group of people going it is better to take a ground floor room. The patio on these rooms goes out onto the lawn and then to the pools. So what is happening is your outside area can accommodate a fairly large group.These rooms are easy to get to a really good view area on the sea wall and the pools.

So if you can't get high go low.

Bill

ProTurbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your Welcome !

I will also tell you about the decks. They are kind of small. If you have a group of people going it is better to take a ground floor room. The patio on these rooms goes out onto the lawn and then to the pools. So what is happening is your outside area can accommodate a fairly large group.These rooms are easy to get to a really good view area on the sea wall and the pools.

So if you can't get high go low.

Bill

Thx for the info, will be 4, so we should be good, but like you said, if we meet people and want to accommodate more people its a very good idea..thx again.

The person that we rented the 2 bd room has a gold membership so we never know we might get upgraded :), I also think that we might get a 10% discount on drinks and food if we don't take the AI. Would happen to know if therer is any hidden fees when we check in or out ?

Pro

Last edited:

timesharejunkie4

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is usually a fee of ~$3.25 per day for tips for the staff, not just housekeeping but for all staff including the grounds, maintenance, etc. You can have it removed if you want. We always leave it because everyone is usually so wonderful and helpful. We also tip housekeeping as we normally would.
Make sure you have a light jacket for February; it can get chilly in the morning and at night while daytime temps should be delightful!

ProTurbo

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is usually a fee of ~$3.25 per day for tips for the staff, not just housekeeping but for all staff including the grounds, maintenance, etc. You can have it removed if you want. We always leave it because everyone is usually so wonderful and helpful. We also tip housekeeping as we normally would.
Make sure you have a light jacket for February; it can get chilly in the morning and at night while daytime temps should be delightful!

Right on , thx will do

Pro