• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
3R_vLODJUXo014YRJ9LC3sFU4vN3B72vmP7JiTqdjtejhsVUImvJa1AlzWMIPqxZZS3g0Qty2wCi-UDdM9VfENO64E2GFFvFtBpkNFbqN93rkwtFTx3dCo0zUbBmKDkHlHY5hKV-sx0=s0-d-e1-ft

Introducing Ovation by Wyndham

While we hope you and your family continue to experience years of travel memories with us, we understand that isn’t always possible. Shouldn’t those years of unforgettable experiences be applauded?

We’re proud to introduce Ovation by Wyndham — a new program offering credible options for owners who are ready to transition to the next phase of their travel needs.

**************************************************************************************************************************

just got this in an email from wyndham

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Admin edit: Adding the phone number mentioned in the thread to call to inquire if your week/ownership qualifies: 855-312-9040

Last edited by a moderator:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Marketing apparently can't settle on a name - pathways, limited edition, and now ovation.

At least it's something.

wilson14

Reaction score
3R_vLODJUXo014YRJ9LC3sFU4vN3B72vmP7JiTqdjtejhsVUImvJa1AlzWMIPqxZZS3g0Qty2wCi-UDdM9VfENO64E2GFFvFtBpkNFbqN93rkwtFTx3dCo0zUbBmKDkHlHY5hKV-sx0=s0-d-e1-ft

Introducing Ovation by Wyndham

While we hope you and your family continue to experience years of travel memories with us, we understand that isn’t always possible. Shouldn’t those years of unforgettable experiences be applauded?

We’re proud to introduce Ovation by Wyndham — a new program offering credible options for owners who are ready to transition to the next phase of their travel needs.

**************************************************************************************************************************

just got this in an email from wyndham

What does this exactly mean for owners?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
On the owner's website after you click thru the email:

Ovation by Wyndham
Ovation by Wyndham banner

Ovation by Wyndham is a program that applauds owners who've had years of unforgettable travel memories but whose needs and conditions are no longer the same. These moments have served as the vacation screenplay to your life.

Act I: It was the squeals from your child during that sleigh ride through the snow-capped mountains.
Act II: The family excursion in Hawaii that took “fish out of water” and made all of you ocean explorers.
Act III: Rhythms of jazz still echo in memory as you remember that Mardi Gras trip for two in the Bayou.

We were there with you through all those moments.

Now, Ovation by Wyndham is that final act – allowing us to still be there for you as the first choice in taking that final bow from vacation ownership. This program provides assistance to owners whose lifestyle or vacation preferences have changed and are seeking safe and viable options to transition out of their ownership. Offers available are relative to unique owner needs and qualifications, and may also vary based upon specific program objectives.

Don’t be overwhelmed and frustrated by fraudulent companies and individuals who claim to understand that change. You deserve the same level of credibility in closing this chapter of your life as when you opened it. Navigating through the numerous channels out there to find the best solution to help you exit your ownership can be a daunting task.With Ovation by Wyndham, we’re here to help you gracefully transition to the next phase of your life — wherever that may take you.
Learn about the options available to you by selecting the button below. Please choose “Ovation by Wyndham” as your reason for contact.
Access Ovation Request Form
Thank you and you’re always welcome.

It then takes you to a form with your info prefilled and then I guess they call you. I didn't click it since I want to keep my unit. Who wants to be the first to try it.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like they may possibly negotiate a deed back. Probably in response to the Viking Ships, PCCs, etc. if that is the intent, then I really think that's great. They get free inventory for the CWA program, which means more resorts can be added to CWA with no buildout. Could be a win-win for consumers and Wyndham. It's a good product, but the way they currently sell it is despicable sometimes. They would probably sell MORE product if they actually taught people how to use it and were lower pressure, instead of pricks.

wilson14

Reaction score
On the owner's website after you click thru the email:

Ovation by Wyndham
Ovation by Wyndham banner

Ovation by Wyndham is a program that applauds owners who've had years of unforgettable travel memories but whose needs and conditions are no longer the same. These moments have served as the vacation screenplay to your life.

Act I: It was the squeals from your child during that sleigh ride through the snow-capped mountains.
Act II: The family excursion in Hawaii that took “fish out of water” and made all of you ocean explorers.
Act III: Rhythms of jazz still echo in memory as you remember that Mardi Gras trip for two in the Bayou.

We were there with you through all those moments.

Now, Ovation by Wyndham is that final act – allowing us to still be there for you as the first choice in taking that final bow from vacation ownership. This program provides assistance to owners whose lifestyle or vacation preferences have changed and are seeking safe and viable options to transition out of their ownership. Offers available are relative to unique owner needs and qualifications, and may also vary based upon specific program objectives.

Don’t be overwhelmed and frustrated by fraudulent companies and individuals who claim to understand that change. You deserve the same level of credibility in closing this chapter of your life as when you opened it. Navigating through the numerous channels out there to find the best solution to help you exit your ownership can be a daunting task.With Ovation by Wyndham, we’re here to help you gracefully transition to the next phase of your life — wherever that may take you.
Learn about the options available to you by selecting the button below. Please choose “Ovation by Wyndham” as your reason for contact.
Access Ovation Request Form
Thank you and you’re always welcome.

It then takes you to a form with your info prefilled and then I guess they call you. I didn't click it since I want to keep my unit. Who wants to be the first to try it.

Hmm...I'm curious about this. I have thought about getting out of my timeshare before but never took any action, as I know I will loose too much money by selling on eBay, etc.

Last edited:

bigeyes1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I Took The Bait

I sent off an email asking for more information. Not that I want to sell (yet) but I'm curious.

dcdowden

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent in a request for info on Ovation as well. Sounds like the offer must depend on what you own, so they can't explain it simply to all owners at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
They get free inventory for the CWA program, which means more resorts can be added to CWA with no buildout. Could be a win-win for consumers and Wyndham. It's a good product, but the way they currently sell it is despicable sometimes. They would probably sell MORE product if they actually taught people how to use it and were lower pressure, instead of P's.

The P's sent it to me and I don't own anything that fits into CWA

Last edited:

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
You deserve the same level of credibility in closing this chapter of your life as when you opened it. .

Am I the only one who finds this statement utterly ludicrous?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Yes. Considering that someone who bought from the developer was probably lied to. Some young person with a marketing degree wordsmithed that one.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The P's sent it to me and I don't own anything that fits into CWA

I was just thinking that this may be a way for them to get inventory to expand CWA to resorts that it doesn't currently have. If they are pushing this towards people at "the end of life" that would presume that those deeds would be older CWP resorts or maybe even fixed weeks at Heritage resorts (or whatever they call them) I.e. Some of the oldest resorts in the system.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm...I'm curious about this. I have thought about getting out of my timeshare before but never took any action, as I know I will loose too much money by selling on eBay, etc.

Worldmark owners have reported on wmowners.com that Wyndham was offering them less than the current resale market rate.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
"You deserve the same level of credibility in closing this chapter of your life as when you opened it."

Maybe Wyndham means, "We gave you a low level of credibility when you bought, and we're going to give you a low level of credibility now." After all, the same level of credibility doesn't necessarily mean a high level of credibility.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking that this may be a way for them to get inventory to expand CWA to resorts that it doesn't currently have. If they are pushing this towards people at "the end of life" that would presume that those deeds would be older CWP resorts or maybe even fixed weeks at Heritage resorts (or whatever they call them) I.e. Some of the oldest resorts in the system.

They are pushing this to Worldmark owners also, where there is no home resort. But it sounds like they are also starting with the owners who have owned for the longest time. Probably because those people bought at lower prices than the newer owners, and might not find their offering price as ludicrous, or so they think.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO --- this is another form of a "scam" on our elderly. Only the elderly are a "protected class".

I hope some aggressive state protection agency figures this out. Even if an elderly owner only paid $45,000 for their VIP membership, Wyndham is now selling that for $150,000+. And what is a famous TUG line, all timeshares are USED.

And no, Wyndham is just using this to get CHEAP (like almost free) inventory to re-sell; much cheaper than building. And Wyndham is NOT HOLDING this, it will be re-acquired on day 1 and sold on day 2 ... just like the Fixed Week deeds are taken from their managed HOAs for $1.

Wyndham will do everything to DEPRESS the resale "product" - it keeps their cost low.

What their last program was, buying back only the developer brought points - but the owner had to surrender ALL their deeds.

Ethical company; next phrase of our owners life cycle; doing the right thing; final bow.... catch phrases.

Sorry, I am not good on the computer editing or cut in paste --- I am sure it would make a great post, to use their own words from ads and press releases to highlight the "sales" tag lines.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMHO --- this is another form of a "scam" on our elderly. Only the elderly are a "protected class".

I hope some aggressive state protection agency figures this out. Even if an elderly owner only paid $45,000 for their VIP membership, Wyndham is now selling that for $150,000+. And what is a famous TUG line, all timeshares are USED.

And no, Wyndham is just using this to get CHEAP (like almost free) inventory to re-sell; much cheaper than building. And Wyndham is NOT HOLDING this, it will be re-acquired on day 1 and sold on day 2 ... just like the Fixed Week deeds are taken from their managed HOAs for $1.

Wyndham will do everything to DEPRESS the resale "product" - it keeps their cost low.

What their last program was, buying back only the developer brought points - but the owner had to surrender ALL their deeds.

Ethical company; next phrase of our owners life cycle; doing the right thing; final bow.... catch phrases.

Sorry, I am not good on the computer editing or cut in paste --- I am sure it would make a great post, to use their own words from ads and press releases to highlight the "sales" tag lines.

Linda,

Not sure why you are so fired up. Many on Tug have requested that Wyndham and the other big players institute some type of take back program for deeds that are no longer wanted. Most have proposed taking the deed back without Wyndham paying anything. Since the resale price on most Wyndham deeds is pretty much $0, I would think anything that costs the current owner no more than the closing cost would be a deal. It would also be good for the remaining owners, since Wyndham would then be on the hook for MF. Even if it costs 1 years maintenance, it would not be a terrible deal for most folks. Yes it would be an incredible deal for Wyndham, but I see it as a win all the way around. The big variables will be whether you have to surrender all of your deeds and if resale deeds can be surrendered as well.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I seem "fired up" ... but there are other timeshare companies which have "Waitlists" and fixed commission schedules to re-sale the TS products of owners who want OUT.

Wyndham is very much the "GIVE IT to us" player in the pack. It is the ONE SIDED deal.

Yes, there are fixed weeks or seasons which have low to negative value ... but Wyndham points are not color coded to seasons. And yes, converted fixed weeks SHOULD be priced more according to the limiting underlying deed than a UDI deed. And higher demand resorts verses lower demand (whether it is the location, the resort's desirability, or cost of MFs) .. could reflect Wyndham's offer.

The people posting Wyndham points on the Bargain Deal section KNOW those points will be gone out of their name to another family ... those owners are "playing it forward" to other families.

But you can also argue, Wyndham has to balance the good (UDI Points with lower MFs) to the ALL (low & poor ratio of Pts to MFs) ... Wyndham is NOT as concerned with educating the buyer - they just ONLY OFFER one deal to buyers.

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I seem "fired up" ... but there are other timeshare companies which have "Waitlists" and fixed commission schedules to re-sale the TS products of owners who want OUT.

Wyndham is very much the "GIVE IT to us" player in the pack. It is the ONE SIDED deal.

Yes, there are fixed weeks or seasons which have low to negative value ... but Wyndham points are not color coded to seasons. And yes, converted fixed weeks SHOULD be priced more according to the limiting underlying deed than a UDI deed. And higher demand resorts verses lower demand (whether it is the location, the resort's desirability, or cost of MFs) .. could reflect Wyndham's offer.

The people posting Wyndham points on the Bargain Deal section KNOW those points will be gone out of their name to another family ... those owners are "playing it forward" to other families.

But you can also argue, Wyndham has to balance the good (UDI Points with lower MFs) to the ALL (low & poor ratio of Pts to MFs) ... Wyndham is NOT as concerned with educating the buyer - they just ONLY OFFER one deal to buyers.

Of course it is a one sided deal. I would expect nothing more from Wyndham. I also agree that the deeds should be "played forward" whenever possible. The reality is that only works sometimes. (I have 2 contracts on bargain deals right now, and only one is getting any interest) The reality is there are plenty of Wyndham contracts that are not easily or cheaply disposed of. That is why Viking ship operators are so successful. Wyndham appears to be doing exactly what a for profit company should be doing, and what Tuggers have loudly complained they should be doing with regards to unwanted deeds.

Also, I don't see that it matters whether they hold the deeds, or turn them over (other than the whole slimy salesperson thing). As long as they go to someone who pays the MF, the community gains.

This should not be construed as a general pro-Wyndham attitude on my part. I got duped into a large dev purchase years ago and have no love for Wyndham sales. (or the online system) I do however enjoy the resorts, and with the help of Tug and some resale purchases have used the heck out of the system since then.

wilson14

Reaction score
I have been on the phone for 10 minutes getting transferred around. It seems like nobody at Wyndham even knows about this program.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Until I know differently Im going to look at it this way: Wyndham is the buyer of last resort.

Keep your ownership or sell it on the secondary market, or arrange a private sale. but if you dont want that hassle, Wyndham will take it back

A program like this can offer several good things

1) support of the secondary market (better prices)
2) no more PCCs taking advantage of Wyndham owners
3) no more Wyndham deeds stuck on Viking ships,
4) no more defaults, or "walkaways"
5) HOAs aways get paid (no more bad debt line in the budget)
6) put the mega renters out of business

The only people hurt by this will be people like me that buy this stuff cheap to fuel a rental business or a resale business. If prices go up it will no longer make sense to do what I do.

At the last meeting of the Fairshare Trust Geoff Richards speaking from the podium telegraphed this new program whan he said " we know we have to do something with the secondary market"

Roughly half of Wyndham Worldwide's business is timeshares. and most of that business is sales. Management income is incidental. So Wyndham always needs to be developing new product to sell. And as we know they have an "asset light" approach to growth. Their cost of goods sold has been about 16%, and they are no longer tying up company money in long term development projects. Buying back their own inventory fits nicely into a strategy like that

If they sell for 20 cents a point they can pay as much as 3 cents a point without violating their business plan. making for another nice income stream

You can argue all day that folks that paid full developer prices are getting screwed, but a program like this can be a whole lot better for them than where they are today. where their only choices, if they want out are default, pccs or give it away to someone like me.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Until I know differently Im going to look at it this way: Wyndham is the buyer of last resort.

Keep your ownership or sell it on the secondary market, or arrange a private sale. but if you dont want that hassle, Wyndham will take it back

A program like this can offer several good things

1) support of the secondary market (better prices)
2) no more PCCs taking advantage of Wyndham owners
3) no more Wyndham deeds stuck on Viking ships,
4) no more defaults, or "walkaways"
5) HOAs aways get paid (no more bad debt line in the budget)
6) put the mega renters out of business

The only people hurt by this will be people like me that buy this stuff cheap to fuel a rental business or a resale business. If prices go up it will no longer make sense to do what I do.

At the last meeting of the Fairshare Trust Geoff Richards speaking from the podium telegraphed this new program whan he said " we know we have to do something with the secondary market"

Roughly half of Wyndham Worldwide's business is timeshares. and most of that business is sales. Management income is incidental. So Wyndham always needs to be developing new product to sell. And as we know they have an "asset light" approach to growth. Their cost of goods sold has been about 16%, and they are no longer tying up company money in long term development projects. Buying back their own inventory fits nicely into a strategy like that

If they sell for 20 cents a point they can pay as much as 3 cents a point without violating their business plan. making for another nice income stream

You can argue all day that folks that paid full developer prices are getting screwed, but a program like this can be a whole lot better for them than where they are today. where their only choices, if they want out are default, pccs or give it away to someone like me.

I spoke to someone today who did reach someone in regards to the current program and was told only some of what he has was eligible. And for the rest he would not be paid, but he could give it back to Wyndham and they wouldn't charge him anything. So, not as good as the Limited Edition offer we heard of before, which may now be off the table?

Until we hear that they are actually making offers up to 3 cents a point, I agree with your initial statement - that Wyndham is the buyer of last "resort" (pun intended Ron?) And until they become the first place to turn, rather than the last, I don't think they will materially address the "secondary market" problem Geoff alluded to.

Ahhh, the never-ending balancing act... am I a buyer or seller... will they implement Voyager making me want to sell, or implement a real buy-back program, eliminating supply and driving up resale values? Guess wrong and you're either on the outside looking in (bad) or stuck with a bunch of high MF timeshares you can't get rid of (worse).