• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Puerto Vallarta Tuggers' Gathering in February

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Hola Tuggers, If anyone is coming to stay in Puerto Vallarta and want to get together at the marina area, let us know and we will set up a lunch meeting. We had one a few weeks ago and it was fun. We look forward to meeting more of you.
DonnaD and husband Tim

Zib

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be at Villa Del Palmar Feb 8 to 15th. Then out to Nuevo for 2 weeks and back to Mayan on the Marina March 1 to 7th If you meet on the Marina
March 1 to 7, let me know. I'd like to come. Let me know before the 8th. We don't have internet the last two weeks but will have it the first two weeks.

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Us too!!!!!

we're here in the same place Zibby and Bobby are, Villa del Palmar

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
We're thinking of Thursday - any takers?

taffy19

Reaction score
Thursday is fine with us. Where are you going to meet?

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In the Marina, across from Victors and down about 2 doors is a very nice small Mexican restaurant -- if we met there for an early dinner, we could also get in on the marketplace that is along the Marina every Thursday.

or, there is a restarant that is the same owner as Pipi's downtown... how about there? Tim?

taffy19

Reaction score
Joan and Donna, I sent you both an email just before you posted this.

I have no idea of what restaurant you are talking about. My suggestion is to meet outside El Faro and we can walk over to the restaurant as it should be close unless you mean the other side of the marina?

We need to know the time of our early dinner too.

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Thursday early dinner

Emmy, the Mexican restaurant is a couple doors closer to Mayan Palace end of the marina. It only opened a few days ago. It has a sign that might say Mariachi on it. They have Mexican plaid tablecloths in bright colors.
We could meet about 5:30 if that is early enough for you all.

Any other Tuggers want to join us?:hi::hi:
DonnaD.

taffy19

Reaction score
We will see you at 5:30 PM at the new restaurant. :)

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Emmy, the Mexican restaurant is a couple doors closer to Mayan Palace end of the marina. It only opened a few days ago. It has a sign that might say Mariachi on it. They have Mexican plaid tablecloths in bright colors.
We could meet about 5:30 if that is early enough for you all.

Any other Tuggers want to join us?:hi::hi:
DonnaD.

Having returned from a walk from one of the Marina to the other about fifteen minutes ago, I will say that I did not see a restaurant with the name Mariachi's. I might have missed it, but if so it wasn't prominent.

Using El Faro as a landmark, there are two gringo Mexican places about two or three addresses either side of El Faro. One is Fajita Banana. The other is Bacha's. Fajita Banana is on the Mayan side of El Faro.

Our late Thursday is in flux right now, but there's a good chance we may be able to join others.

I suggest a 5:30 meet up at the waterfront, directly in front of El Faro. From there we can decide where to go by mutual choice. We certainly have our favorites in the Marina area, but are certainly open to others. (But I will say that I had by far the best red snapper that I've ever had in my life at Wicked Wings on Saturday night. :))

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Meeting place

I believe the others are planning to meet us near Victors at 5:30 and I am afraid they might not get message. It Emmy's and Joan reply to your message, we are open to other places. The newly opened restaurant is a few doors away from Victors toward May an Palace and West in end of marina. Are you at Club Regina now. We are.

taffy19

Reaction score
I hope that Steve can make it too.

I left a message with Zibby to tell her that we would meet at the restaurant about two doors away from Victor's closer to the Mayan Palace so they wouldn't know that the meeting place has changed either if they decide to come. They have no internet so will not read the post.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I hope that Steve can make it too.

I left a message with Zibby to tell her that we would meet at the restaurant about two doors away from Victor's closer to the Mayan Palace so they wouldn't know that the meeting place has changed either if they decide to come. They have no internet so will not read the post.

OK, same old meeting place. We've got an active day tomorrow, and I had a project go sideways on Tuesday, demanding some immediate attention.

taffy19

Reaction score
We ended up having dinner with ten TUGgers that evening. We had a lot of time together because service was very slow but, I believe, that everyone enjoyed the evening. Peter and I had met everyone before but Steve. Nice meeting you and Kate and Ron's family too plus everyone else again. :)

I posted the pictures here at Steve's request so you can find pictures of the TUGgers all in one place. See Post #132.

http://tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96470

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you had great fun! I see photos of 8 of you--where/who are the other two? Have only met a few TUGgers, but hope to meet more one of these days.

Last edited:

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
missing tugger photo

Emmy took photos and did not have one of her and Peter. OOOpppsss! I should have offered.
DonnaD

taffy19

Reaction score
I will post a picture of Peter and me with pammex that she took the other day.

Steve, we looked for the little restaurant that you recommended the other day but it is "Sticky Wings". He said that he is the only one serving your dish.

I hope he is telling the truth because Peter is ordering fish but the fresh catch is "Mahi-Mahi" tonight. I am ordering chicken cabob so I can share it with the marina cat. Poor baby as he is sitting waiting here next to me.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I will post a picture of Peter and me with pammex that she took the other day.

Steve, we looked for the little restaurant that you recommended the other day but it is "Sticky Wings". He said that he is the only one serving your dish.

I hope he is telling the truth because Peter is ordering fish but the fresh catch is "Mahi-Mahi" tonight. I am ordering chicken cabob so I can share it with the marina cat. Poor baby as he is sitting waiting here next to me.

Yeah. That's the place. Kay ordered the mahi-mahi and loved it. My delight was the red snapper, ajillo style.