• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Split-Week Option

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weeks owners: Do any of you have experience with the split-week option? Bought a re-sale recently and planned on just renting it out but am now thinking about using it twice this year as a split week. If it helps, specifically it is a Gold OF at MOW. Is it too late in the year to try this? Do I risk losing the back half? :shrug:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does MOW have a split week option, not every Marriott does?

Custom House has different rules but I think the others that allow the option are the same. You can't use both for the weekend- I believe F, S and (maybe) Sun can only be used once. You would have to find availability. If you use the first part but can't find the second half available you are just out of luck. You pay a fee that is similar to the Lock off fee ($80). If you have a different reservation and you make a change to one or both than you can be charged a change fee (same as if you changed the full week).

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this may help (extracted from MVC's week owner's webinar)
I trust another owner at MOW will be able to advise whether this resort is eligible for split weeks.
Good luck.
Split Week usage
Allows you to split your full villa into a 3 night weekend stay and 4 night weekday stay
• All nights must be used during your season and at your resort *
•All nights must be using your full villa
• Split-week option is for Occupy usage only
* The Florida Club Owners may use this option at another Florida Club resort
** The split-week option is not available at some resorts

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Manor Club isn't on the list either but when I owned there I thought I read that it was eligible for split week or at least there was listed on the website as an option that I had to call up to use.

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks, but I wasn't really concerned whether MOW participated, just whether it was a viable option on a practical basis and whether someone experienced with this route could provide insight as to the level of risk.

FWIW, I spoke to an advisor yesterday who said it was. She said the 4-night, Monday through Friday segment was available on Mar-3 or Sep-8. As I feared, there were no 3-night, Friday through Monday segments available, without a future cancellation. I tried to get an education regarding the mechanics. She could not get confirmation whether each year a set number or percentage of rooms were available for each week of each season. Lots of unknown. She also confirmed that each "half" could only be reserved 12 months in advance. Thus, I could soon book a segment during Week #9 for 2015 and then would have to wait it out until my next preferred week, let's say Labor Day weekend. Yikes, that's scary. :eek:

I'm assuming that since the company has moved on from the "weeks" format, they have no incentive to strengthen or improve this perk for the legacy folks. Still... I'd love to hear from anyone who has successfully used this feature.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Thanks, but I wasn't really concerned whether MOW participated, just whether it was a viable option on a practical basis and whether someone experienced with this route could provide insight as to the level of risk.

FWIW, I spoke to an advisor yesterday who said it was…

I've looked at this a few times and it still confuses me. The Split Week usage option isn't available at all resorts, regardless of the list of generic usage options on my-vacationclub.com, and of whether a resort's governing docs include an explanation of it. (For example, SurfWatch's governing docs contain Split Week language but Owners are not allowed to use the option.) So if a resort doesn't participate, it shouldn't be a viable option.

But I found a brief 2010 thread here that says it was an option for some time with OceanWatch Weeks and then may have been discontinued. Perhaps if so it's been reinstated and the list in dioxide's link needs updating?

I wonder what would have happened if your rep had tried to book it?

Still... I'd love to hear from anyone who has successfully used this feature.

Me too, for OceanWatch and any other resort(s) not on that list. :)

Last edited:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ryan with the MVC Customer Care team has provided a PDF identifying all of the resorts which allow Split-Week Usage; TUGBrian is hosting the PDF file here.

This older TUG thread - Split-Week Usage Options - has related information.

(The Marriott Weeks FAQ will be updated as well.)

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Pointe

It is nice to see Ocean Pointe on this list. I could have sworn I had seen a list of Split Week participants that had excluded Ocean Pointe.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Ryan with the MVC Customer Care team has provided a PDF identifying all of the resorts which allow Split-Week Usage; TUGBrian is hosting the PDF file here.

This older TUG thread - Split-Week Usage Options - has related information.

(The Marriott Weeks FAQ will be updated as well.)

Thanks Sue. It would be great if MVCI would update the actual document and link on the my-vacationclub.com website. That is where I found the link I posted.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Sue. It would be great if MVCI would update the actual document and link on the my-vacationclub.com website. That is where I found the link I posted.

That's the plan but they don't know when IT will get to it. When it's done the Weeks FAQ will be updated with the official link rather than this one being hosted by TUG.

stoler527

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are a gold level member with II, you can do split week exchanges.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are a gold level member with II, you can do split week exchanges.

True, but this option will cost you more in fees. I believe the ShortStay exchange fee is $139, and you pay that twice, once for each exchange. You also have to pay the fee to upgrade to gold on top of your II membership. Of course you can get two exchanges for up to 6 nights each, but it also tends to be off/shoulder season inventory. I can see where the Split Week option appeals to some.

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
True, but this option will cost you more in fees. I believe the ShortStay exchange fee is $139, and you pay that twice, once for each exchange. You also have to pay the fee to upgrade to gold on top of your II membership. Of course you can get two exchanges for up to 6 nights each, but it also tends to be off/shoulder season inventory. I can see where the Split Week option appeals to some.

And you are not guaranteed your view. In our case, oceanfront.