• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Purchase to Rent through Extra Holidays Program

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Shawnee Village Sales Pitch Now includes:

1. Desgination of personal "Member Services Representive.

2. He showed me an impressivive book on how this position and him (he is one of two that were desginated) have early information and direct sales channels for rentals to conventions etc.

3. He gets a 10 percent rental, the Extra Holiday rental rate is 30 percent on all rental generated through him.

4. This feature goes with the purchase of Club Wyndham Access Contract.

Ron Roberts, Member Services Representative, Shawanee Village, is my primarily rep and John Duke is my second one for this new fee for service program.

If this program is real, this very may well be why some reports of not being able to get ARP availability for high demand weeks are happening. The designated Member Services Representative program for Access Members may be getting them. Extra Hoidays pays the Sales Representative 10 percent to get the High Demand Periods from Access Owners with their extensive ARP rights, could get rid of the good weeks through ARP to Extra Holidays, quick fast and in a hurry. According to the Sales Rep, Shawnee Village is one of four Wyndham sales locations that have been designated by Wyndham to run this program.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Shawnee Village Sales Pitch Now includes:

1. Desgination of personal "Member Services Representive.

2. He showed me an impressivive book on how this position and him (he is one of two that were desginated) have early information and direct sales channels for rentals to conventions etc.

3. He gets a 10 percent rental, the Extra Holiday rental rate is 30 percent on all rental generated through him.

4. This feature goes with the purchase of Club Wyndham Access Contract.

IIRC, that's a big and clear no-no in their code of conduct guide....

rrlongwell

Reaction score
IIRC, that's a big and clear no-no in their code of conduct guide....

I had my doubts to. However, their Quality Assurance guy, Carl, did confirm the program of the desginated Member Services Representative was real.

I guess I will be very disappointed to find out that this is not real. I will contact corporate Wyndham and find out.

The thought just occurred to me that even if this is not sanctioned by Wyndham Vacation Resorts, that would not stop Extra Holidays from paying the sales representative 10 percent of the rental he gets for the program, if they have a proceedure to split commissions between their agent and the sales agent that gets access to the desired timeshare week.

If true, this service could make the sales rep one heck of a lot of money.

Just got off the phone with Extra Holidays, there is a fee spliting arrangement of some sort with Travel Agencies that work on their behalf. All that is needed is a Valid IATA number. Still checking.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sigh.

This is not even a remotely new pitch. The details are a little different but "the personal rep who will help you book/rent/whatever" has been around for years now. It's never been true before...just as none of the other sales pitches have ever been true.

I can't for the life of me understand why you insist on putting forward crap you hear in a sales pitch as "truth", or even close to it.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Sigh.

This is not even a remotely new pitch. The details are a little different but "the personal rep who will help you book/rent/whatever" has been around for years now. It's never been true before...just as none of the other sales pitches have ever been true.

I can't for the life of me understand why you insist on putting forward crap you hear in a sales pitch as "truth", or even close to it.

"Crap" or not. Apparently, the Hotels Group provides training:

http://www.travelagentacademy.com/Course.aspx?f=Wyndham&p=index.html

click on the link to the Travel Institute:

www.thetravelinstitute.com

I have run into the earlier verision made reference to, this appears to be the new improved verision coming from sales. I have not tried either one at this point. It could be the best kept secret in Windhamland if anyone wanted to try it.

Last edited:

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
"Crap" or not. Apparently, the Hotels Group provides training:

http://www.travelagentacademy.com/Course.aspx?f=Wyndham&p=index.html

click on the link to the Travel Institute:

www.thetravelinstitute.com

I have run into the earlier verision made reference to, this appears to be the new improved verision coming from sales. I have not tried either one at this point. It could be the best kept secret in Windhamland if anyone wanted to try it.

I'm not quite sure what either of these links has to do with Wyndham Extra Holidays rental by a Wyndham salesman?

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
RR:

The secret trick here is asking for written documentation. I have supposely had 3 PRs in Branson, 1 at GD, 1 in Pagosa Springs and the last in Orlando.

The gal in Orlando had a 3 inch binder full of paper which she said were dossiers for all her personal clients. She had two cell phones and said one had all her clients numbers on it and the shakers and mover numbers on speed dial so my wish was her command. I asked to see her "Diploma" where she earned her accrediation. NONE. Then asked for letter from Main Man or VP sales congratulationg her. NONE Then asked for business card showing credentials.. NO HAVE. I then said lets pullup on web site on computer and look at Fairfield 30 Rules of Conduct dated 2005 where it says this is illegal and firing offense. She disappeared and I was off to gifting.

I did try and log on to mywyndhamlawsuit.com where they are posted but still down like Wyndham Form where also posted. Don't know if they were using same software. It would be interesting to see reaction if you could show a document on Wyndham letterhead! Then ask for their document on letterhead authorizing.

Also, Rules prohibit salesperson from being involved in rental activites.(See Mexico posts for how this works South of the Border) They can mention EH is available but that is about it!

The above being said Wyndham is a marketing driven organization and more gooder mouse traps are a must to keep the dollars flowing. No way Apple would be at $600 today if they were still selling last years rotten apples and did have super Apples in pipe line.

Would be interested in corporate thoughts and shelly.griessel@wyn.com who is VP of owner relations, i.e. the fountainheads!

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
RR:

The secret trick here is asking for written documentation. I have supposely had 3 PRs in Branson, 1 at GD, 1 in Pagosa Springs and the last in Orlando.

The gal in Orlando had a 3 inch binder full of paper which she said were dossiers for all her personal clients. She had two cell phones and said one had all her clients numbers on it and the shakers and mover numbers on speed dial so my wish was her command. I asked to see her "Diploma" where she earned her accrediation. NONE. Then asked for letter from Main Man or VP sales congratulationg her. NONE Then asked for business card showing credentials.. NO HAVE. I then said lets pullup on web site on computer and look at Fairfield 30 Rules of Conduct dated 2005 where it says this is illegal and firing offense. She disappeared and I was off to gifting.

I did try and log on to mywyndhamlawsuit.com where they are posted but still down like Wyndham Form where also posted. Don't know if they were using same software. It would be interesting to see reaction if you could show a document on Wyndham letterhead! Then ask for their document on letterhead authorizing.

Also, Rules prohibit salesperson from being involved in rental activites.(See Mexico posts for how this works South of the Border) They can mention EH is available but that is about it!

The above being said Wyndham is a marketing driven organization and more gooder mouse traps are a must to keep the dollars flowing. No way Apple would be at $600 today if they were still selling last years rotten apples and did have super Apples in pipe line.

Would be interested in corporate thoughts and shelly.griessel@wyn.com who is VP of owner relations, i.e. the fountainheads!

Thanks for the post, I have a E-Mail pending asking about this program to the Owners Care representativie I am working with on the Club Wyndham Access Program. I will let people know what she says on the issue, if she responds. I do have it in writting that they are my Marketing Services Representatives. I made them do that as part of the sale.

Here is the question I have pending to Owner Care:

Accout Number (deleted):

"In addition to the problem you are currently working on for me. If you could clarify part of the Sales Presentation, it would be apprciated. One of the Marketing Books the sales rep showed me had the new program that four Wyndham Locations were now doing. That is buy Access and a Member Services Respresentative is desginated. This Representative then talkes as many points as you want and rents them through Extra Holidays. The Representation gets 10 percent, Extra Holidays gets 30 percent. The book showed a listing of areas that he would rent to, conventions etc. The is a very strong incentive to buy a Club Wyndham Access property. Could you provide more details on this program or in the alternative, get with the Resort Marketing people and get me a copy of thoughs pages? Thanks."

UPDATE: I liked the idea of what the VP thinks. I sent her an E-Mail asking.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Robert,
How many points did YOU buy and put into the Extra Holidays Rental Group with Ron?

You are offering and defending this as a wonderful product. .. when you have YOUR PROFITS from this with copies of those checks - SHOW THEM! Until then, your facts just get too full of horse manure. Sure you don't work for Wyndham?

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Robert,
How many points did YOU buy and put into the Extra Holidays Rental Group with Ron?

You are offering and defending this as a wonderful product. .. when you have YOUR PROFITS from this with copies of those checks - SHOW THEM! Until then, your facts just get too full of horse manure. Sure you don't work for Wyndham?

Thanks for the attack post. No, I do not work for Wyndham. The Re-Sellers/Rentors associated with TUG attacks again. Maybe the FTC and Visa post regarding their activities on re-sellers should also take a serious look at the TUG click.

I have about 1,105,000 points between Wyndham Plus, Access, and PIC points that are eligable under this program, according to my Marketing Representative, all of my existing points plus the new points can be used for the program.

Last edited:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what either of these links has to do with Wyndham Extra Holidays rental by a Wyndham salesman?

If this fee for service program is real, this would probably be the mechanism that is being used. Training through the Hotel Site links, get their number as required by Extra Holidays and off we go.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Re-Sellers/Rentors associated with TUG attacks again.
I'm neither of those things, and I too can't understand why you insist on repeating the half-truths and fabrications you hear on the sales floor as if they were gold-plated gospel---not once, but repeatedly.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
"Here is the body of the E-Mail I sent to the VP that was made reference to above:

Hi:

"I found your e-mail on-line. One observation on the cite was what you thoughts were on a rent though your designated members servcies representative as many of your points as you want through Extra Holidays. The designated Sales Rep gets 10 percent and Extra Holidays gets the balance of the commission. Below is the body of the question to Owner's Care that I asked on the same issue." ...

Just an update, not even an acknowledgement of receipt of this E-Mail from the VP. Oh well, it was worth a shot.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dont understand whats new here..Wyndham has always had (at least since my ownership began) a program whereby I can use them to rent my confirmed reservations (at a 40% commission) heres what it says on the website (copied below) The fact that a salesman has an opportunity to share in that 40% doesnt change anything except that he (the salesman) has something else to sell me

When I was a stock broker and sold stocks and bonds and mutual funds my company called us "Account Executives" or "Financial Planners" Years before we were called "a customer's man"...Now that I sell real estate I call myself a "Realtor" It seems that no one wants to be called what they really are...salesmen and thats a shame...it can be an honorable profession......That Wyndham wants to call their sales people "personel representatives" doesn't change a thing they are still salesmen

Extra Holidays by WYNDHAM is a vacation rental program for condominium and timeshare accommodations. As a CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Member you have the option of using the services provided by Extra Holidays.

Tell me more
There are a couple of different ways that CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Members can take advantage of the services offered by Extra Holidays.

Rent accommodations for cash
If you would like to rent accommodations for friends and family members at CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Resorts, you can book reservations for cash through Extra Holidays. As a CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Member, you can book at a discounted rate. Visit ExtraHolidays.com or call 1-800-731-4820.

List your accommodations for rent
If you are unable to use your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus reservation, Extra Holidays will list your confirmed accommodations for rent on your behalf.

How does this work?
If you are interested in placing your reservation up for rent, you will need to sign an Extra Holidays Vacation Time Listing Agreement. Extra Holidays will then act on your behalf to rent your reservation. You can find more information about listing your reservation(s) for rent by visiting EHowners.com, or by calling 1-800-446-1860, option 2.

Reservations booked for Extra Holidays rental follow the same CLUB WYNDHAM Plus cancellation guidelines.
Extra Holidays is not able to guarantee that your accommodations will be rented, nor can they guarantee the amount of rental income you may receive.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I dont understand whats new here..Wyndham has always had (at least since my ownership began) a program whereby I can use them to rent my confirmed reservations (at a 40% commission) heres what it says on the website (copied below) The fact that a salesman has an opportunity to share in that 40% doesnt change anything except that he (the salesman) has something else to sell me

When I was a stock broker and sold stocks and bonds and mutual funds my company called us "Account Executives" or "Financial Planners" Years before we were called "a customer's man"...Now that I sell real estate I call myself a "Realtor" It seems that no one wants to be called what they really are...salesmen and thats a shame...it can be an honorable profession......That Wyndham wants to call their sales people "personel representatives" doesn't change a thing they are still salesmen

Extra Holidays by WYNDHAM is a vacation rental program for condominium and timeshare accommodations. As a CLUB WYNDHAM® Plus Member you have the option of using the services provided by Extra Holidays.

Tell me more
There are a couple of different ways that CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Members can take advantage of the services offered by Extra Holidays.

Rent accommodations for cash
If you would like to rent accommodations for friends and family members at CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Resorts, you can book reservations for cash through Extra Holidays. As a CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Member, you can book at a discounted rate. Visit ExtraHolidays.com or call 1-800-731-4820.

List your accommodations for rent
If you are unable to use your CLUB WYNDHAM Plus reservation, Extra Holidays will list your confirmed accommodations for rent on your behalf.

How does this work?
If you are interested in placing your reservation up for rent, you will need to sign an Extra Holidays Vacation Time Listing Agreement. Extra Holidays will then act on your behalf to rent your reservation. You can find more information about listing your reservation(s) for rent by visiting EHowners.com, or by calling 1-800-446-1860, option 2.

Reservations booked for Extra Holidays rental follow the same CLUB WYNDHAM Plus cancellation guidelines.
Extra Holidays is not able to guarantee that your accommodations will be rented, nor can they guarantee the amount of rental income you may receive.

The primary difference is that the Marketing Sales Representative gets access to Wyndham's system for Conferences etc. so they can identify and get the units for the timeframes that are going to be in demand and the Sales Rep will be the one to get the reseverations rented to those groups. The Sales Person's access to "Insider Information" is a major feature, if true, that gives one heck of a competive advantage to the people who chose to use this new Club Wyndham verision of the program. Not only do you get access to the information from the timeshare group, it goes across their system.

You metioned you were in the Stocks and Bonds industry, this would be a very similar process that I have heard on the news (of questionable legality) where positions such as you decribe are used to pass Insider Information to the better customers so they can invest in stocks and bonds prior to the Public release. Apparently, this may not be illegal in the timeshare business.

The other major difference is that verbage, the verbage you cited, if I understand it correctly, indicates that Extra Holidays will rent your reservations to family and friends on your behalf. The emphis here is that the Marketing Service Representative will market it to conventions etc. These two features are tied to the Club Wyndham Access new sales program. They are two very valuable additions, if true.

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
RRLongwell

Now its clear that you read only part of whats in front of you, My guess is; its the part that pushes your agenda forward.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
RRLongwell

Now its clear that you read only part of whats in front of you, My guess is; its the part that pushes your agenda forward.

Thanks for the attack post the re-sellers/rentors continuing the personal attacks that do not carry the TUG click company line. All hail the re-sellers/rentors. Keep the attack posts coming I am sure they are good for business by keeping people with different experience from posting their experiences or opionons.

For those that do not understand the salutation, it is a makeshift alteration to All Hail Ceaser from the Roman Empire days and/or other variation over the centuries. Depending on a person's perspective, it is not necessarily negative. I personally do not subscribe to it.

I guess, here we ago again, call the roll.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh for the love of...

Look, if you want to keep telling yourself that there is ANY substance behind what some Wyndham sales guy is telling you, and anyone who disagrees must have some personal agenda, have at it. It's your pocketbook, spend it however you like.

But, if there is anyone else out there who is contemplating buying directly from Wyndham, and basing that decision even in part on your "experiences or opionons", well...caveat emptor.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the attack post the re-sellers/rentors continuing the personal attacks that do not carry the TUG click company line. All hail the re-sellers/rentors. Keep the attack posts coming I am sure they are good for business by keeping people with different experience from posting their experiences or opionons.

For those that do not understand the salutation, it is a makeshift alteration to All Hail Ceaser from the Roman Empire days and/or other variation over the centuries. Depending on a person's perspective, it is not necessarily negative. I personally do not subscribe to it.

There no attack here. Im only pointing out that you either didnt read what I copied from the Wyndham Website or you chose to ignore it or you puropsly mis quoted it for your own ends. I suspected thats what you do a lot..adding 2 and 2 and getting 5. Now I see its true

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
RRLongwell:

If you just purchased Retail Points

I advise that you rescind immediately

You are wasting your money

The others above are correct. This sales pitch has been around forever - as many have posted hearing this sales spiel before - for years. This has been posted repeatedly both here and on the Wyndham Owners Forum.

I, too, really don't understand why you keep going to Sales meetings and posting this stuff.

massvacationer

TUG Member
Reaction score
More advice

RRLongwell

Also, you already own 1 Million points

I bet that is probably enough

why are you buying more? And why would you pay the big retail bucks for them? You are not going to earn a return on this to justify what you are paying and you are being "played" by the sales folks

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score

For Pete's sake, grow up! What are you, six years old?

Can you not have a conversation without pulling the "woe is me, I'm being attacked crap" on every thread you post. Ron didn't attack you, not even remotely. Every negative observation or dissagreement is not an attack. And there's certainly NO collusion among resellers or rentors here. Now you're envisioning things that just don't exist.

BTW, people treat you how you teach them to treat you. Demand respect and you'll get it. Act like a whipping boy, and you'll get that instead. Next thing you know, you'll be reporting us all to the principal's office.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
For Pete's sake, grow up! What are you, six years old?

Can you not have a conversation without pulling the "woe is me, I'm being attacked crap" on every thread you post. Ron didn't attack you, not even remotely. Every negative observation or dissagreement is not an attack. And there's certainly NO collusion among resellers or rentors here. Now you're envisioning things that just don't exist.

BTW, people treat you how you teach them to treat you. Demand respect and you'll get it. Act like a whipping boy, and you'll get that instead. Next thing you know, you'll be reporting us all to the principal's office.

Thanks to all for the attack posts, it would not be me, but I would not be surprised to see newpapers articals that are less than flattering on some of the TUG click. Any other members of the TUG click wish to come forward?

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It doesn't mater if its Wyndham or any other company offering a scam.
First of all if Wyndham could make more renting everything out on a continual and long term basis, why would they want to sell inventory to individuals to whom they would have to offer a cut. If Wyndham had the inside scoop to conventions and other events why wouldn't they keep the info to themselves to sell out all their excess inventory. Same goes for the Member Service Rep.

I think rrlongwell should buy and report back how well it works and maybe after about 5-10 years of documented rentals netting above buy in and MF's, I would be able to consider it.

It doesn't make sense when the cold callers offer it. It doesn't make sense when the Mexican TS salesman offers it and it doesn't make sense when Wyndham offers it.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... I think rrlongwell should buy and report back how well it works and maybe after about 5-10 years of documented rentals netting above buy in and MF's, I would be able to consider it.

I am considerinig testing it, but unfortunantly, all of my existing points are being used for family and freinds (if renting to family and friends plus our own high usage absorbs all of my points, which to date, has been the case, I just do not have enough points to commit to this project at this time.