• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Access

mcdonaldcrs

Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between purchasing deeded Wyndham points or Access points. Does someone who owns CWA points have something positive to say about the trading experience?

If I book through Wyndham using my Access points is there a booking fee per trade?

When its time to resell, would it be easier to sell a Deeded unit VS Access Points?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between purchasing deeded Wyndham points or Access points. Does someone who owns CWA points have something positive to say about the trading experience?

If I book through Wyndham using my Access points is there a booking fee per trade?

When its time to resell, would it be easier to sell a Deeded unit VS Access Points?

I own CWA as well as some converted fived weeks and I am buying some UDI

Club Wyndham Access points work like any other Wyndham points at the 10 month point. ARP is different..With CWA you have lots of home resorts so theoretically you can ARP at any of them. However your ARP is limited by the number of units actullaly in the CWA program. In some cases thats very few. And in all cases you cant get a straight answer from anyone at Wyndham...(at least I cant)

The Wyndham junk fees (transaction fees, housekeeping and guest fees) for CWA are the same as any other Wyndham points. Maintenance fees are an average of all the the resorts in the program. So if one resort has a special assessment or a big increase in maintenance fees one year, the impact is spread over all of CWA

Mf for CWA is about $5.30/1000 points....about average. You can do better buying at specific resorts, and you could do worse

On ebay I have noticed that CWA seems to trade well. folks seem to see points as points and base their bid on the size of the contract and the maintenance fees...so once again CWA is average

There are people on these boards that argue that deeded is always better than the so called Vacation Clubs (like CWA) but I disagree...There are deeds involved here, its just that a Wyndham trust holds them..I dont see that as a big deal. Also consider one of the timeshare systems that has held value better than most is Worldmark. and Worldmark is a similar club

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can give you my experience and thoughts.

About 3 years ago at update salesman said he had a new program that would address the lack of ARP in my account and get me to VIP gold with 203K CWA purchase. Amazingly both statements were true. However, as I pointed out to him paying around $40K for CWA which carried about a 20% premium did not make sense as incremental increase in VIP benefits was only worth at best a few hundred dollars a year!

So, I went on e-bay and found 3 GD 154K points contacts for sale. One had been turned over to CWA. None had bids so spent the proverbial dollar for CWA contract. I did note other 2 deeds MF were about $75 cheaper but ARP at some 40 resorts at that time was worth a try!

My problem is I have never been able to use. Granted I have only gone for red hot events and weeks. Basically VC advises me lots of ARP inventory in that bucket, but CWA bucket has a "hole" in it. Whatever goes in disappears immediately. Most suggest calling back at 10 month point.

The word is it will get better as more inventory is added. My analysis is deeds at older sold out resorts are mostly paid off so very few foreclosures and why would any one with ARP at prime beach, ski, whatever resort trade in for a crap shoot. Also, if I owned at resort with MF of less than
$4.00/ 1,000 points would I give up for MF of $5.42 and maybe getting into ARP reservations.

Generally you are looking at 105K Developer purchase to upgrade and with CWA preminum around $20K. One could buy a couple resorts resale with ARP where you wanted and have several bucks left over.

Likewise, why would anyone who wants to go to BC every year for 4th of July buy CWA which carries a premium of around 20% and again be in a crap shoot.

Of course, if one is going for ARP which is prime time hot resort you will need tons of points. Think BC 1 BR is 166K or OB Tower 2 is 203K or LBM 189K. Small CWA contracts or any for that matter are worthless for ARP unless one likes short mid week stays!

ROFR is worthless and just hold up deeding process a month until Wyndham says no way!

My hangup with CWA is where and how are they going to get red hot inventory? I just don't see people giving Wyndham tens of thousands of dollars for new CWA inventory especially if they read this Forum.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been looking into CWA and here is what I have been told how ARP works for CWA at any resort it owns in. For ARP it doesn't work like a point system. How it works is when inventory comes online at the 13 month mark a certain number of weeks are designated for CWA.

I will use small numbers to make my example easier. So say there are at La Belle Maison CWA owns 1,000,000 points and each week cost 100k They will be predesignated 10 weeks that CWA owners are able to book and Wyndham decides what weeks those are. So for example in Ron's previous post about Maison for Marti gras that there was nothing available in the ARP but a unit opened up at the 10 month window. That unit wasn't designated for CWA so CWA owners didn't have access to it.

What I have been told is this prevents "the pool running dry" early at a particular resort. So owners can't use up all the arp points available at a resort in the first 3 months and when you want something in October there is no chance that points would ever be available. This way it spreads them out.

Jason

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jason

This sounds like sales speak to me.

Wyndham sales sells as much CWA inventory as allowed since it carries around 20% premium and larger commission and that great ROFR feature. This deed then goes to CWA and reservations is notified it can go in CWA ARP bucket. Like regular ARP inventory it becomes available on first comes first gets. I have never had VC tell me call back next month as we allocate ARP and CWA inventory so if one misses at 13 month mark they get another bite at the apple at 12 month mark and 11 month mark!.

This is consistent with other posts and my experience trying to book LBM and AVP at 13 month mark and every couple weeks thereafter. VCs said go for 10 month mark when all inventory is available to first in line at 7:00AM ET at 10 month mark. About the only way I can visualize any inventory becoming available is if Wyndham sales makes a CWA sale at that resort or cancellation which is what I was hoping for.

Of course, Wyndham sales can do whatever it wants with Developer inventory but no way can they tell reservations to designate say 10% as CWA and when it can be booked. Have you read CWA Trust Documents?

I would be interested in your source as this could be more favorable to some rather than first comes first gets.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jason and Paco

Aren't you guys saying pretty much the same thing...ie there is a certain inventory from each resort in Club Wyndham Access...and when its gone its gone

But Jason I dont think its a random number as you seem to suggest. I think its an exact number depending on what is in the CWA trust

I wasnt able to make a reservation at Avenue Plaza with my access points in the ARP window because by the time I called, that bucket was empty. I got my reservations at the 10 month mark from either developer owned inventory, or Club Wyndham Select inventory

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jason and Paco

Aren't you guys saying pretty much the same thing...ie there is a certain inventory from each resort in Club Wyndham Access...and when its gone its gone

But Jason I dont think its a random number as you seem to suggest. I think its an exact number depending on what is in the CWA trust

I wasnt able to make a reservation at Avenue Plaza with my access points in the ARP window because by the time I called, that bucket was empty. I got my reservations at the 10 month mark from either developer owned inventory, or Club Wyndham Select inventory

Take it for what it is but I have been told the same thing from a VC and a person from Wyndham direct. Wyndham direct guys have been straight up with me in the past. Any easy test would be for Ron to call and see if there is anything available in ARP for La Belle. Since you weren't able to get anything for marti gras in ARP then if it is a first come first serve basis you shouldn't be able to get anything for the rest of the year but if the VC and Direct person were right then there may be arp reservations available for other weeks. Again I will preface this with I don't have CWA but this is what I was told by multiple people (non sales) from Wyndham.

I'm not suggesting the total is random. I am suggesting the number of units available at the 13 month window for any given week may be random but the total weeks allocated in a year will match what CWA owns.

Jason

Last edited:

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never had VC tell me call back next month as we allocate ARP and CWA inventory so if one misses at 13 month mark they get another bite at the apple at 12 month mark and 11 month mark!.

I think you misunderstood what i was saying. Let me try a different example. Week 1 hits the 13 month mark and there are 100 units in the resort. CWA has enough points to book 400 units at this resort for the year with ARP. It isn't possible for CWA members to call week 1 and book all 100 rooms. CWA would be allocated 8 rooms in week 1 (january 1st -8th). Then another 8 units for week 2. So that way if you are hoping to use ARP for a week 52 stay all the points wouldn't have been used up by people with stays for Jan and February. I'm not saying they release additional inventory after the 13 month mark. I am just saying CWA will only have a shot at a small subset of the rooms that become available each week with ARP. I hope this is a little clearer of what I was trying to say.

Jason

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take it for what it is but I have been told the same thing from a VC and a person from Wyndham direct. Wyndham direct guys have been straight up with me in the past. Any easy test would be for Ron to call and see if there is anything available in ARP for La Belle. Since you weren't able to get anything for marti gras in ARP then if it is a first come first serve basis you shouldn't be able to get anything for the rest of the year but if the VC and Direct person were right then there may be arp reservations available for other weeks. Again I will preface this with I don't have CWA but this is what I was told by multiple people (non sales) from Wyndham.

Jason

Might be a good test, but I dont have any more points to test it with

I would think the CWA inventory available for ARP in any given week would be equal to the percentage of CWA points vs CWS points ie if 10% of the resort has been sold as CWA, then in the case of La Belle Maison when 14 reservations are made for any given week...thats it for CWA..There will be another 14 available next week

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Might be a good test, but I dont have any more points to test it with

I would think the CWA inventory available for ARP in any given week would be equal to the percentage of CWA points vs CWS points ie if 10% of the resort has been sold as CWA, then in the case of La Belle Maison when 14 reservations are made for any given week...thats it for CWA..There will be another 14 available next week

Called Wyndham Owner Care on this issue, they indicated they do not have any answers to give on this issue and suggested that I attend the upcoming Trust meeting and ask it of the Senior Executives, and they could answer the question there. I hate to bring this point up, but if anyone attends a Owner's Update that is pushing a purchase in Club Wyndham Access, maybe they could ask and see what the salesperson says. If what is being speculated is true, it could help explain the limited availability of ARP rights through Club Wyndham Acess. If it is a straight line distrubution of the available ARP rights at Club Wyndham Access Resorts across weeks within a Club Wyndham Access Resort, then this presumably would include non-peak weeks getting their fair share of the ARP pool, even though it would not be need, as evidenced by some of their inventory hitting the discount pools. This would be one way for Wyndham to prevent the Club Wyndham Access mega-renters from going and and taking all the great timeperiods available though Club Wyndham Access.

To the extent that Club Wyndham Access ARP rights are based on fixed week or converted week deeds, these rights presumably would be limited to the underlying week. In the case of floating weeks, I do not know if Club Wyndham Access has to put them in the availability pool for ARP as fixed timeframes or as the date range for the floating week.

My guess, out of the blue, is that if the concept that Club Wyndham Access does use availability of ARP reservations as a way to contol and force a distibution within a Club Wyndham Access resort based on timeperiods within the resort, but I do not think it would be a straight line.

Hey! Ron, do you know of anyone that is going to the meeting that could ask the question?

Last edited:

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some quick background. Originally AVP Developer sold two Mardi Gras weeks and Jazz weeks and Sugar Bowl as fixed events regardless where they fell on calendar for premium price. When Wyndham bought around 2004 there was some unsold inventory and they sold as converted weeks. Also, offered floating weeks owners option to convert for special $995 price per gal I bought from.

But point is there is limited ARP inventory for these events.

This morning I picked up on Jason's suggestion to call and see if CWA inventory is available for other red hot weeks. Got really nice gal and she looked at Jazz Week 2013 which is May 3-6 which is 12 and 1/2 months out. She did have a couple CWA 1 BRs and a few studios. So all CWA did not get used for Mardi Gras.

I also e-mailed Owner Relations for copy of Trust documents as I did not get with resale purchase.

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
Called Wyndham Owner Care on this issue, they indicated they do not have any answers to give on this issue and suggested that I attend the upcoming Trust meeting and ask it of the Senior Executives, and they could answerwould be a straight line.

Hey! Ron, do you know of anyone that is going to the meeting that could ask the question?

RR: FYI!

Club Wyndham Access annual meeting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The annual meeting of the PTVO Owners Association Inc (the managing entity of Club Wyndham Access) is being held May 2 at the new Wyndham hotel at Bonnet Creek

I plan to be there. The agenda has nothing in the way of new business, but they do promise an open forum Q and A session immediately after

I will be asking for the exact inventory for each resort that is in CWA at each resort location There are some 11.670,409,277 points in CWA. I want to know how many are from each resort

If you are an owner of CWA and have questions you want asked...PM me