• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need WYNDHAM Advice! "Timeshare Cure" transfer co.?

malonem68

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't do it!! NEVER pay an upfront fee. If she was scammed twice, this would be the third time. Don't pay the fees.

List the points here and give them away before you pay 4k to someone.

GuitarKidd

Reaction score
Exactly!!! THere are many people that are looking for Wyndham Points to buy resale, and potentially myself. Is the original deed paid off?

Fireball29

TUG Member
Reaction score
Selling Points

Thanks for your responses. So you mean we can sell Wyndham points, like, our timeshare, including responsibility for monthly maintenance fees? Free and clear? I heard that people can buy second hand points but Wyndham doesn't give the same priorities and perks to the new owner as they did to the original owner. I heard you can only get those priorities, like VIP GOLD & Platinum if you buy the points dirctly from Wyndham.

I heard that you can also donate them for a tax break. Is that true also?

Thanks.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Read all about how to give away a timeshare on TUG here. I do hope you can help your stepmother and not let her be scammed a third time. If necessary, have her cancel the credit card that she gave the number to.

You mentioned monthly maintenance fees--is her Wyndham membership not paid off in full? Is she making monthly payments on it? If so, it will be really hard, if not impossible, to get someone else to take over the payments. But, if it's free and clear, she'll have a better chance giving it away.

Donating it is another problem because if it has no value, there is no tax deduction allowable. Plus, many of the donation outfits want a large upfront fee to take it off your hands.

Fireball29

TUG Member
Reaction score
Step-mom's timeshare

Read all about how to give away a timeshare on TUG here. I do hope you can help your stepmother and not let her be scammed a third time. If necessary, have her cancel the credit card that she gave the number to.

You mentioned monthly maintenance fees--is her Wyndham membership not paid off in full? Is she making monthly payments on it? If so, it will be really hard, if not impossible, to get someone else to take over the payments. But, if it's free and clear, she'll have a better chance giving it away.

Donating it is another problem because if it has no value, there is no tax deduction allowable. Plus, many of the donation outfits want a large upfront fee to take it off your hands.

THe timeshare is a Wyndham VIP Gold of 616,000 points and it is paid off. The annual maintenance fees are approx $3700. Is it worth hanging on to and trying to rent out weeks to pay the fees? It is so confusing. It may be too late. Thank you

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I hope you were able to get-your step mother to cancel the transaction.

I don't know the name of the company, but this sounds very similar to what my Dad did. He paid, on a credit card ($7500), for someone to take his timeshares off his hand. That's when, thankfully, I found TUG.

He was able to cancel and had no issues.

These companies will twist truth in with lies to make themselves sound credible (the mark of a good scammer). VIP benefits will transfer to an immediate relative. They are correct in that the VIP benefits won't transfer otherwise, however the timeshares themselves can be transferred (sold or given away).

Yes, you can rent to offset your maintenance fees. It takes time. I have enjoyed learing the Wyndham systsem and it has become a hobby for me. I have been able to pay his maintenance fees and also have some points left over for my DAd and family to use. It has taken quite a bit of time.

If you aren't interested in renting, as many have said, you can give it away here on TUG (or sell on eBay).

But most defintely you want her to cancel her current agreement, if she hasn't already. Then you can decide if it's something to keep or give away. But definitely she should not pay anyone to take it off her hands. (And apparently you know that, it's convincing her).

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are now scammers that will save you from the original scammer. Actual some are the original ones with a new name. Setting up a web site is not that expensive.

They all have "secret naive buyers" like the bank deposits that pay 10% a month risk free..

The six months is to give them time to cleanup and disappear. Did they even ask about who uses this years points which is some $3,700?

Unless conveyed by inheritance per Wyndham policy VIP benefits die on resale.

You need to go to www.myfloridalegal.com web site and see if they are on investigation list. Actually since time is short call them at 866-966-7226.

Also, immediately file rescission papers and notify credit card company of dispute.

I have seen posts on Wyndham Form where seller will pay say $1,000 to get rid of and a deal struck in a few hours. This is a lot cheaper than $4K and you choose the title company that will hold the money and make sure ownership gets transferred fully and legally.

If you have not done rentals before, I would not start now. There is money to be made but about half the responses I get on craigslist are scammers. It requires hard work and time.

The charties I have seen require a couple thousand dollars donation up front as they simply put on e-bay for a buck. The money has to come from you. One did claim they let poor people use, but did not indicate where they got money to pay MF.

Last edited:

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
THe timeshare is a Wyndham VIP Gold of 616,000 points and it is paid off. The annual maintenance fees are approx $3700. Is it worth hanging on to and trying to rent out weeks to pay the fees? It is so confusing. It may be too late. Thank you

Although the new buyer would lose the VIP in the grand scheme that means nothing. Resale buyers understand the VIP is neither transferable or guaranteed so it has no value to them (and little to the current owner IF they paid retail to get it), so they pay accordingly. 616,000 are a lot of points for a resale - the commitment to the fees is very high. The ideal amount of points appears to be between 250,000-300,000 annually which can easily be banked/borrowed & supplemented by rentals as needed. Thats half of this offer. Not many need/want that many points unless they are experienced & successful renters.

In any case paying any of these "take it over" companies is a virtually guaranteed way to lose even more money & likely still be stuck with the now unwanted timeshare. Fortunately there is a huge market for Wyndham - at virtually give away prices - but it means you don't have to pay to move them to someone that will use them. Advertise it for free (perhaps ask for closing/transfer fees) and you should be able to find a willing taker relatively quickly. Good luck - don't let her waste even more money on these rip off companies.