• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Peppertree Atlantic Beach

talitha210

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have exchanged into Peppertree Atlantic Beach and this is my first time visiting. I have researched and read many positive and negative reviews. I just received my confirmation and I am trying to find a layout of the resort to see were my unit is located. Can anyone tell me about unit 5D1 or point me to a map of the resort. Any other information of the area would great too. Thank you. talitha210

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I think you are in the older round buildings. You will be next to a large pool. The units are older, but clean and refurbished every few years. The location is ideal if you want a great beach. Not much to do in the evenings. Elaine

talitha210

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Elaine for the information and glad to hear they keep things clean and repaired. That is my main concern. My husband and I are low key so night life is not a big deal to us. Our purpose is to relax relax relax.... :) Any good restaurants in the area? Thanks a bunch. Laura

Reaction score
As for dining, there are two restaurants right near the Peppertree on Money Island that you should include on your dinner list. Amos Mosquitos' and The Island Grille.

The Island Grille is where the locals go. It is very small and casual, but you will want to make reservations. The food is incredible and they have a BOGO special on Tuesdays (I think). You will want to find out for sure and make your reservations... you will still be willing to go back and pay full price once you have eaten there, it is THAT good.

Amos Mosquito's also has some great weekday specials that can make it a bargain too, and there the food is also very good. The service here is top shelf, but it maintains a casual, fun feel.

These are the only places on Money Island near the Peppertree that I would choose. Just across the bay there are many choices in Moorehead City and they will be adequate, but the better food will be 5 minutes further down the road in Beaufort. The Blue Moon Bistro attracts people who come in from Charlotte... it is also small and a bit more upscale. Aqua is right near by; it is very good too, but a bit more expensive and more of a chic and trendy approach. Although very good, we liked Blue Moon best.

Most important when dining in the area is to choose restaurants that participate in "Carteret Catch". They support the local fishing industry and serve fresh local catch items on their menu. Most often they will have a "Carteret Catch" sticker on the door, or a sign posted.

Avoid The Channel Marker... there are simply too many other outstanding places to choose from that I've named.

Last edited:

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I've stayed at 2 Atlantic Beach resorts and looked at Peppertree. If I was to go there again- Peppertree would be the resort of choice even though one has to cross a street to get to the Beach.

Egret1986

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a link with resort layout and floor plans

I have exchanged into Peppertree Atlantic Beach and this is my first time visiting. I have researched and read many positive and negative reviews. I just received my confirmation and I am trying to find a layout of the resort to see were my unit is located. Can anyone tell me about unit 5D1 or point me to a map of the resort. Any other information of the area would great too. Thank you. talitha210

http://www.deannahullrealty.com/peppertree_main.htm

Atlantic Beach is a very quiet beach town. As stated, there's not a whole lot going on. However, the beach is wonderful. We previously owned in Building 7 and found the resort and area enjoyable for a very relaxing beach vacation.

talitha210

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at 2 Atlantic Beach resorts and looked at Peppertree. If I was to go there again- Peppertree would be the resort of choice even though one has to cross a street to get to the Beach.

I wasn't aware we had to cross the road. We were planning to go to the outerbanks area but the resorts available were not along the beach either.

talitha210

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://www.deannahullrealty.com/peppertree_main.htm

Atlantic Beach is a very quiet beach town. As stated, there's not a whole lot going on. However, the beach is wonderful. We previously owned in Building 7 and found the resort and area enjoyable for a very relaxing beach vacation.

Thank you for the link. That was exactly what I was looking for. I am glad to know that is is a quiet area.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
I wasn't aware we had to cross the road. We were planning to go to the outerbanks area but the resorts available were not along the beach either.

It's not a heavily traveled road.

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
yeah the road is a little 2 lane beach road with a nice marked crossing. car traffic is light most times and the speed is only like 20 or so MPH.

if you use 184 ocean ridge dr, Atlantic Beach NC on google maps and go to street view you can see the road.. and the crossing ..its flat and you have a good view of traffic or the car you might see crossing.

looking at the map you have to walk down to unit 25 where the crossing is and path to beach. its a nice area when we were there.

there is a food lion grocery store right next door.. or there used to be.. :(

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
road is the size of a wide driveway---maybe a few cars go by each hour. You then step directly onto the elavated walk over the dunes. There are only houses by ABV, so the only people on the beach are the folks at ABV and a few houses. My MIL said it reminded her of OBX 40 years ago. Beach is very wide, gradual slope (like Myrtle Beach), so no steep drop-off like OBX. And, actually decent surf (much better than MB, not quite as much as OBX). Fishing is terrific at AB, if that interests you. DH and son are going in 2 weeks from DC for fishing trip. IMHO, it is one of the best beaches on the East Coast. Have fun. Elaine

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
yeah the road is a little 2 lane beach road with a nice marked crossing. car traffic is light most times and the speed is only like 20 or so MPH.

if you use 184 ocean ridge dr, Atlantic Beach NC on google maps and go to street view you can see the road.. and the crossing ..its flat and you have a good view of traffic or the car you might see crossing.

looking at the map you have to walk down to unit 25 where the crossing is and path to beach. its a nice area when we were there.

there is a food lion grocery store right next door.. or there used to be.. :(

The Food Lion moved across the street from where it used to be adjacent to PAB.

talitha210

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. We are driving from West Virginia taking the scenic route and stopping in Lynchburg for a night to visit some friends.

It seems our room is in the round buildings but I can't find out were the unit is in the building like ground, 1st, second...etc. I assume they have an elevator if on a top floor since nothing I have seen mentions stairs.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
elevator access to all bldgs was installed about 5 years ago. The ground floor is walk thru and storage--typical "beach" building so high water/storm surge doesn't wipe out the bottom floor--as you are very close to the ocean. So, you would be on the 2nd thru 4th floors. In the other buildings the higher letter at higher floors--ex. 10A/B are 2nd floor, 10C/D 3rd floor, 10 E/F 4th floor. have a great trip. Elaine