• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

new twist on parking pass dance...

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Alexandria has caught on to the phone off the hook...now they are asking for your cell phone "in case there is an issue with your car possibly being towed"......told her no cell phone number. she was a bit shocked....I could see the sheet and there were a lot of folks giving numbers.....

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have heard similar! What if you are out and about and we need to contact you about car or room or whatever?. If I am shopping, at show or whatever my car is not parked there. Front desk has cell phone number!

One is dealing with highly trained people who pass reasons for rejection up the chain of command for experts to devise responses.

I think many of us relax, let our guard down and become more vulnerable on vacation to vultures!

When you have body snatchers that get a bounty and salesperson desperate to get next months rent money watch out!

As I said in prior post, I have never gotten a warning much less towed nor have I read a post where this has happened. I generally put parking pass in welcome package and it ends up on coffee table.

Parking in a fire lane or handicapped place is different issue!

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Alexandria has caught on to the phone off the hook...now they are asking for your cell phone "in case there is an issue with your car possibly being towed"......told her no cell phone number. she was a bit shocked....I could see the sheet and there were a lot of folks giving numbers.....

Oh, you are making those parking pass people work for their money. That does not seem very fair.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Id give them my cell phone number, I dont answer the damn thing anyway...I use caller id and voicemail to screen my calls when Im at home...why not do the same thing on vacation

But I always go to the "owner updates" Once they see what I own and I tell them what I paid, its a pretty painless exercise

Reaction score
I would probably go to get the "freebies". But, because my wife and I have horrible credit (in the mid 500's), I doubt they would want us. They would run the credit, get the "red flag", and let us go. If they DO want to finance us, they would give us a HUGE interest rate. I'll take my freebies and enjoy my vacation!

TS

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score

We just got back from Alexandria Saturday from a week stay. Neither the front desk or the "parking pass" lady asked for cell phone #.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I carry 2 cell phones - "family/tight friends" phone from when I had primary care of my elderly parents and my "people I don't need to talk to immediately" phone.

I still don't give Wyndham my cell number(s).

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
You could always say. If something is that wrong you can always contact my emergency contact which I have to put down on the check in sheet... Doubt they would call them to try and set up a sales presentation...

Jason

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never been asked for my cell phone number at Alexandria,
but I was asked for it at Kingsgate in Williamsburg. I politely declined
to give it out, much to their horror ! :)
Also, at Alexandria, you definitely need the parking pass...there is limited underground parking shared with the Hilton and other businesses, so sadly
the parking pass people must be endured. :(

Paps

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from Bonnet Creek and when I went to pick up my parking pass on a Sunday at 10:00 at night, they had ran out and had none to give me. Why didn't they just tell me that at checkin? :mad: So instead, they wanted to stop by the next morning with my parking pass and drop off the welcome gift. They felt bad and wanted to make it up by making a special visit to deliver the items to my room.

I declined and refused to allow them to stop by. Instead, I would come back the next day and pick up the parking pass myself. They pushed for another time to stop by and I again refused. Interesting that they had no parking pass at 10:00 at night but, would have them to drop off at 8:30 the next morning. :ponder: I took this to be a new approach to get in my room. It did not work. Anyone else run into this approach?

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
To understand why parking pass people are so aggressive and innovative one needs to go to Wyndham Wordwide web site and click on INVESTORS and then PRESENTAIONS. Unfortunately will not copy!

The Main Man states around 95% of owners are happy campers and need upgrading, but no mention of "F" BBB rating , well over half here are sales bashers and would not go to "update" much less buy Developer points.

States foreclosures are not a big deal as unlike trashed house or car the HOA keeps in prime condition and can resell for more money than paid originally.

Points out that profit is just 8% on new sales while 36% on upgrades. Now you know why parking pass operation WANTS you especially if they can give a trinket and earn a bounty!

Reading what he touts to investors is kinda like politican or entertainer that does not know mike is on and tells it like it is.

A couple weeks ago on CNBC he was touting how $10K in Wyndham stock 3 years ago was worth over $140K today and dividend yield was around 2%. Compare to victim that bought a studio for $10K three years ago and pays around $400 MF and owns worthless deed with stock holder getting 2% on $140K or $2,800 and renting a 3 BR Presidential suite!

Obvious where customers stand in relation to employees and stock holders in the equation! Maybe they consider us forum posters the noblesse oblige and only deal with the peasants.

Generally large corporations monitior news papers, news programs, magazines, web sites, etc. for what people are saying. It amazes me if they monitor this site they have not gotten the word.

A rough guess would be around 60-70% would not go to "update" no matter what, 20-30% are like me and Ron and go to rattle sales people cages(last purchase 2002) and 10-20% to get the latest ******!

Paco

Joan-OH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just returned from Bonnet Creek and when I went to pick up my parking pass on a Sunday at 10:00 at night, they had ran out and had none to give me. Why didn't they just tell me that at checkin? :mad: So instead, they wanted to stop by the next morning with my parking pass and drop off the welcome gift. They felt bad and wanted to make it up by making a special visit to deliver the items to my room.

I declined and refused to allow them to stop by. Instead, I would come back the next day and pick up the parking pass myself. They pushed for another time to stop by and I again refused. Interesting that they had no parking pass at 10:00 at night but, would have them to drop off at 8:30 the next morning. :ponder: I took this to be a new approach to get in my room. It did not work. Anyone else run into this approach?

They pulled the same crap on me in San Antonio with the bracelets for the shuttle (no parking passes there). I told them they could not come to my room several times and then they told me I couldn't have one. Then they came to my room anyways while I was sleeping and it was a good thing too because my husband got rid of them. If I had woken up, I'm sure the police would have been called and they would have been called on ME! I was fuming.

Joan-OH

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
From that presentation:

:hysterical: 95% satisfaction with resort staff customer service

:rofl: 97% satisfaction with vacation planning counselors

93% satisfaction with resort properties - ok, maybe :ponder:

Further In:
Financing options
• FICOs 600+
- Minimum 10% down payment
- Ten-year fixed rate fully amortizing loan
- Small bucket of longer tenor loans is being explored
• FICOs <600
- Minimum 50% down payment
- Five-year fixed rate fully amortizing loan
• Interest rate determination
• Rate based on FICO, down payment, and purchase amount
• Current range from 11.49% to 17.99%
• Incentives for extra down payment/equity
- Adjustments for 600+ FICO obligors begin at 20%
• Upward adjustment (e.g., 50 bps) if recurring electronic payment is not arranged

Avg. Loan Balance $14,193 :eek:

Here's what the other poster was talking about:

When a receivable defaults, the inventory is “reusable” and sold at a higher price than originally sold

Auto
• Asset sold at a higher price than originally sold
repossessed
• Asset value significantly discounted to original price
• Sold at a loss
Home Equity
• Asset repossessed
• Asset value is linked to real estate market conditions
Vacation Ownership
• Interval / Points reclaimed
• Condition of underlying asset maintained by our property
management group
• Asset resold for higher price than original sale

And, the piece de resistance:
We have the best management team in the industry. :hysterical:

SusanU

TUG Member
Reaction score
More Parking Pass Antics

Third yr in a row for Spring Break in Destin. Made my res 10 mo in advance, using someone else's points plus my own for a unit for daughter who is on the deed also. Wanted units in the same bldg above and below each other. Paid a cancellation fee to get this after booking a unit that they couldn't get the upstairs to the following day. They couldn't find my reservation, even though I had a printed confirmation it took over an hr. to ck in. First I had obviously asked for a guest confirmation but when it didn't come figured I would pay for it at ck in. He assured me this had nothing to do with it, corporate simply did not download it to the resort. While he was getting daughters reservation, I went to the parking pass desk(1 ft away from ck in). After nicely saying no at least 5 times to the new twist of "no more Owner's updates, this is simply a welcome gift and a 10 min survey on how the unit is and how we treat you" I lost it with "THIS IS WHAT I WOULD PUT ON THE STINKING SURVEY!" I've driven 6 hrs and you don't have my room for me. I have yet to make a reservation that was handled properly by Wyndham! Once when Disney made a mistake (2nd bd not cleaned)they returned all my pts to my acct and checked back daily to see if everything was OK! Please, Just quit asking me the same questions, insisting I must do this survey, and just let me ck in. I don't believe complaining does any good with 80% of us avoiding them and complaining about it, I just have to decide if its worth it to endure this to vacation there for the rest of the week. The check in guy was very helpful and courteous it was simply the sales lady disguised as the parking pass Nazi! She even had the gall to say, "I would hate for your car to be towed while you are on vacation". Come On! If it was a larger resort you could avoid her, but not when their desks are adjoining! I would pay money to avoid these people!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

rrlongwell

Reaction score
... as the parking pass Nazi! She even had the gall to say, "I would hate for your car to be towed while you are on vacation".

Interesting. Another Wyndham resort that appears to be tying the threat of negative things happening if you do not follow the marketing/sales staff instructions. I guess Wyndham means what they say when they indicate to Wall Street that they will be selling to existing owners.

If I read your post right, one unit was using your points and one was using points from a different account. If either of the account owners bought resale, you might want to review the following thread starting with point # 1.

Did they get around to honoring both reservations?

Last edited: