• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lakeshore Reserve

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a few days at LR next March. When I went to marriott.com using the MOD code for Orlando properties the only ones that came up were Grande Vista, Cypress Harbour and Royal Palms.

Is it difficult to find Lakeshore Reserve availability? What kind of chance will there be availability the closer we get to the dates? How about through the DC?

I also have a Canyon Villas studio requesting a week at LR next March. No match yet. I really don't need a full week, just a couple nights when we arrive on the train before we head to OP.

piper_chuck

Reaction score
I saw some weeks come up earlier this year when I was searching for a late March week. I ended up choosing Imperial Palms instead.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Can you see availability without the MOD code?

FractionalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking for a few days at LR next March. When I went to marriott.com using the MOD code for Orlando properties the only ones that came up were Grande Vista, Cypress Harbour and Royal Palms.

Is it difficult to find Lakeshore Reserve availability? What kind of chance will there be availability the closer we get to the dates? How about through the DC?

I also have a Canyon Villas studio requesting a week at LR next March. No match yet. I really don't need a full week, just a couple nights when we arrive on the train before we head to OP.

I see plenty of 1 and 2-bedroom availability in the DC for March 2013 at Lakeshore.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see plenty of 1 and 2-bedroom availability in the DC for March 2013 at Lakeshore.

Thank you for looking. At the moment I only have 375 points. At the very least I would need a Friday night (400 points) so I need to buy 25 points. :rolleyes: This rearrangement of dates just happened today. Next week I need to go looking for points.

Can you see availability without the MOD code?

You're right! I can see LR for a AAA rate of $259 a day. Grande Vista studio, however, is $101 a day with the MOD rate.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You're right! I can see LR for a AAA rate of $259 a day. Grande Vista studio, however, is $101 a day with the MOD rate.

So, Lakeshore Reserve appears to have inventory, just nothing available under MOD. Not surprising since these rates are capacity controlled and LR is a smaller resort.

It is also pretty early for a lot of inventory to be showing up on Marriott.com for next March. I am sure the MOD rate will become available, just keep waiting, you have a long time to go.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, Lakeshore Reserve appears to have inventory, just nothing available under MOD. Not surprising since these rates are capacity controlled and LR is a smaller resort.

It is also pretty early for a lot of inventory to be showing up on Marriott.com for next March. I am sure the MOD rate will become available, just keep waiting, you have a long time to go.

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm new to reserving nights at the timeshares as I always thought them so much higher priced than hotels for individual days.

I made my first on-line reservation. Your search got me to thinking that I could reserve the Thurs. with the points I already have and deal with the Friday later. When I went to my account I actually had 425 points (surprise :) ) so I reserved the Friday. Of course, I could sell the points for $.50 - $.60 so it equals about the same amount in $ spent. I can cancel if I find a better deal at the JW or Ritz or a good MOD rate shows up. I'll deal with getting more nights later. The Friday was the most important to get confirmed.

BTW, every time I log in at my-vacationclub this notice shows up (it's also an annoying prelude that can't be bypassed when calling Owner Services).

"On June 14, the price of enrollment will increase from $595 for one eligible* week and $695 for all eligible* weeks purchased through Marriott Vacation Club® to $2,395."

The * by "eligible" is further explained that these weeks would have been directly purchased from Marriott. It's been discussed in another thread that the $2,395 will include non-developer weeks but I have my doubts. Time will tell.

Thank you again for the coaching.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
BTW, every time I log in at my-vacationclub this notice shows up (it's also an annoying prelude that can't be bypassed when calling Owner Services).

"On June 14, the price of enrollment will increase from $595 for one eligible* week and $695 for all eligible* weeks purchased through Marriott Vacation Club® to $2,395."

The * by "eligible" is further explained that these weeks would have been directly purchased from Marriott. It's been discussed in another thread that the $2,395 will include non-developer weeks but I have my doubts. Time will tell.

Thank you again for the coaching.

Not to take the thread off track, but I think the mention of non-developer weeks in the offer is referring to the current pricing offer. Here is the full text of the *.

*Weeks that were purchased and recorded after June 20, 2010 are not eligible for this offer. Weeks purchased from third parties (i.e., not from Marriott Vacation Club) prior to June 20, 2010 may be eligible for this offer at an enrollment fee of $1,495 or $1,995, subject to the number of weeks to be enrolled. Offer is valid to U.S. residents only. Offer is valid for weeks located at U.S. and Caribbean only. 800 Vacation Club PlusPoints offer is for new enrollees only. Bonus vacation is based on the redemption of the Vacation Club PlusPoints. Offer Expires 6/13/2012.

There is no real mention of how external weeks will be treat. If the * were referring to the future pricing, it would mean external weeks could enroll cheaper than developer weeks.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, then back to original topic of staying at LR or the adjacent property.

I checked price and availability for both Ritz and JW for the same dates. No MOD (no surprise). AAA rate for JW was $269. AAA for Ritz $809 :hysterical:

OutAndAbout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for looking. At the moment I only have 375 points. At the very least I would need a Friday night (400 points) so I need to buy 25 points. :rolleyes: This rearrangement of dates just happened today. Next week I need to go looking for points.
If you're a points owner (as it seems you are from the exchange above), you can check the Y and/or P rates, although I presumed (but don't know) that MOD, Y & P all comes from the same inventory.

MOD - Owner 25% Discount - 35% if you pay with the Marriott Visa.
Y85 - Premier Owner 30% Discount.
Y83 - Premier Owner 40% Discount when you pay with the Marriott Visa.
P34 - Premier Plus Owner 35% Discount.
P33 - Premier Plus Owner 45% Discount when you pay with the Marriott Visa.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're a points owner (as it seems you are from the exchange above), you can check the Y and/or P rates, although I presumed (but don't know) that MOD, Y & P all comes from the same inventory.

MOD - Owner 25% Discount - 35% if you pay with the Marriott Visa.
Y85 - Premier Owner 30% Discount.
Y83 - Premier Owner 40% Discount when you pay with the Marriott Visa.
P34 - Premier Plus Owner 35% Discount.
P33 - Premier Plus Owner 45% Discount when you pay with the Marriott Visa.

Thank you very much!

Well according to the timeshare salesguy I recently had a presentation with I don't OWN any points. . .but I can elect to exchange for DC points. We've enrolled all our weeks.

P33 took the Grande Vista price down to $74 :eek: but I still wanted to be on the LR/JW property. P33 didn't pull up LR but Y83 did for $161 a night for Wed., Thurs. and Fri. night. I tried to modify my DC reservation but the website says I have to call my pals at Owner Services. I've booked Friday night for $$ and plan to use my DC points for Wed. & Thurs.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Thank you very much!

Well according to the timeshare salesguy I recently had a presentation with I don't OWN any points. . .but I can elect to exchange for DC points. We've enrolled all our weeks.

Owned or Enrolled points, it doesn't matter. All that matters is your status in DC.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owned or Enrolled points, it doesn't matter. All that matters is your status in DC.

We're Premier Plus. Why would it let me use a code for Premier Owners but not Premier Plus? Guess that's another question I can ask Owner's Services when I call tomorrow. I'm still very new at reserving rooms with codes relating to ownership. I've either just used Rewards points or AAA rate but those have been for hotels, not MVCI properties.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
We're Premier Plus. Why would it let me use a code for Premier Owners but not Premier Plus? Guess that's another question I can ask Owner's Services when I call tomorrow. I'm still very new at reserving rooms with codes relating to ownership. I've either just used Rewards points or AAA rate but those have been for hotels, not MVCI properties.

Anyone can search with those codes, you don't have to even own Marriott as long as you know the codes. Being able to qualify and use the codes is a different story. The reason you couldn't use the Premier Plus code but the one for Premier would work is because all the codes are capacity controlled. There may or may not be availability with any of the codes at any given time.

Very few hotels offer rates on the MVCI owner discount code. I have read that only the hotel in Phuket, St Thomas and St Kitts have had rates using the MOD code.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
The email reservation confirmation has this:

"Special request(s):
MVCI Premier Pls Pts Owner, Request Noted"

I've emailed my VOA for help.

Quilter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got the Premier Plus rate by talking with the GM. He also saw that my DC reservation was in the lock-off or 2 bd. but my $$ reservation was in lock-off of 3 bd. so he fixed it that we won't have to change rooms.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The email reservation confirmation has this:

"Special request(s):
MVCI Premier Pls Pts Owner, Request Noted"

I've emailed my VOA for help.

I notice that our recent home resort reservations indicate the following:

Special request(s):
•MVC Points Owner (O5), Request Noted

I see this on our 2BR Grande Vista and Studio Harbour Lake, but not on our 1BR Habour Lake reservations.