• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Espiritu Santo from Cabo- what say you?

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We are heading to Cabo for 2 weeks in April. We will I'm sure be snorkeling locally and we are heading out to Cabo Pulmo for a day snorkel trip.

We are trying to decide whether to also add a day trip for snorkeling up to Espirtu Santo, off the coast of La Paz. It will be $150 each for 2 people. Just not sure if it will be substantially different/better than Cabo Pulmo and worth the extra time/expense, plus it will be a very long day (4-5 hours of driving time alone).

We are sailors and frequently visit Catalina Island (mooring in small coves not Avalon) and we will be spending time this summer on our sailboat at Channel Islands National Park, so remote, wild Pacific islands are not a rare treat for us. But we do really enjoy that sort of thing.

We were wondering if anyone here has first-hand experience and can comment as to whether Espirtu Santo would be worth it from Cabo. We are more concerned about the length of the day/travel time relative to whether it will be something unique/different from what we already plan to do.

H

Last edited:

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
We were wondering if anyone here has first-hand experience and can comment as to whether Espirtu Santo would be worth it from Cabo. We are more concerned about the length of the day/travel time relative to whether it will be something unique/different from what we already plan to do.

H
Our family spent two nights in LaPaz several years ago and enjoyed seeing a larger Mexican city that was not primarily a tourist destination. My husband and two teen-aged daughters did a snorkeling trip out to Espiritu Santos and loved the experience. I stayed in town with our younger son and we had fun looking in the stores and shops and walking around. I know my husband & daughters would say go for it!

It seems like it might be quite a long day trip, but we were driving ourselves in a rental car. If you're going on a tour with someone else driving you, that would be a different thing.

I haven't been to Cabo Pulmo so I don't know how the two compare. If there's any way to extend your trip to LaPaz by even a night, I think you'd find it interesting. We found the restaurant prices to be less than in Cabo and the city is much larger. Fewer people speak English though.

We were also spending two weeks in Cabo that year with one timeshare being a Saturday-Saturday week and the next one being a Monday-Monday week. So spending two nights in LaPaz worked out quite nicely.

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent the night when we went to La Paz. We had only planned on staying one night but ended up staying another night so we could spend more time in the city. We snorkeled Espiritu Santos and enjoyed it, especially the sea lions.
It really wasn't a bad drive, not really that much longer than driving to Cabo Pulmo, plus roads are paved the entire way. We have also spent the night in Cabo Pulmo rather than do all that driving in one day.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
We spent the night when we went to La Paz. We had only planned on staying one night but ended up staying another night so we could spend more time in the city. We snorkeled Espiritu Santos and enjoyed it, especially the sea lions.
It really wasn't a bad drive, not really that much longer than driving to Cabo Pulmo, plus roads are paved the entire way. We have also spent the night in Cabo Pulmo rather than do all that driving in one day.

How did the experiences compare- Cabo Pulmo vs Espiritu Santo? Were they different enough to justify doing both in the same 2 week trip? Or is snorkeling both sites redundant?

Thanks,
H

timesharejunkie4

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How did the experiences compare- Cabo Pulmo vs Espiritu Santo? Were they different enough to justify doing both in the same 2 week trip? Or is snorkeling both sites redundant?

Thanks,
H

I would say the snorkeling is similar in what you can see except that there were many more sea lions out of La Paz. The boat trip to Espiritu Santos was longer than the one for snorkeling from Cabo Pulmo. Our smorkel trip from Cabo Pulmo was a few hours whereas our La Paz trip was at least 6 hours. I would not do both trips in a 2 week trip, save one for the next time!

funtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we went to Cabo we stayed a night or two in a La Paz timeshare and went snorkeling with the sea lions. It was fun. La Paz - and the timeshare in La Paz - was totally different that the Pueblo Bonito Sunset. La Paz has not had the tourist influence and we felt like we were in a small Mexican beach city. It was a good experience. Funtime