• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Extra Bonus Points - Use for Maintenance Fees

KDP1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good Morning All......what would you recommend for a small amount of bonus points that expire 12/31/2012? We have 1,800 points to utilize. Would using them to pay some of the MF be a wise decision?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Only Bonus points (not regular points), limited to the $$ owed.
5,000 bonus points = $500 in fees.

IMHO, a better use would be for HGVC or RCI reservations.
What's better... $500 in fees or a week in a 2BR TS?

Not sure, but you may be able to use BP's to book an RCI
stay after they expire, like you can with regular points.

xandern

Reaction score
If you have some 'left over' bonus points, you can also convert them to HHonors points (no fee for that).

gnorth16

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have some 'left over' bonus points, you can also convert them to HHonors points (no fee for that).

Double check, but I thought HH conversion had to be done before the use year, not at the last minute...

Remy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Club on the Boulevard, Hyatt Residence Club Wild Oak Ranch

No fee? Not last I checked.

xandern

Reaction score
We converted 'left over' bonus points to HHonors points twice. Both times we did it a month before the points expired. It can be done (via phonecall) at any time and HHonors points post instantaneously.

Even though we also had assumed that there would be a fee for this, we were not charged one both times (we were not even asked for a creditcard number). Apparently bonus points are treated differently than regular HGVC points. The most recent time we did this was last year. For this reason, I am assuming that there is indeed no fee for converting bonus points to HHonors points, but true, when asking HGVC to convert the points, I did not ask if they would charge a fee - they just did not bring it up themselves and it was no priority for me ;-)

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Double check, but I thought HH conversion had to be done before the use year, not at the last minute...

Converting "Bonus" points is different from converting "Club-Points."
Bonus points do not have a use year, just a term-limit.
Club-Points need to be converted before their use-year (unless you're ElitePlus).

But as we oft say, HH-conversions is not a good use of points, rather a desperation move.