• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Survey: Those who stay at Ko Olina also stay at Aulani? How so?

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an owner (deeded week) at Ko Olina. I would be (in the future) interested in staying at Aulani for a night or two, in addition to my week stay at Ko Olina.

I am wondering how many current MVCI owners (either deeded week owners at Ko Olina or elsewhere, or MVCI Destination Club members with VC points) have stayed primarily at Ko Olina, and added some extra time staying at Aulani.

If you have added a few nights at Aulani (either the hotel or the vacation club), how did you do so? Did you rent directly through Disney? Did you pay through some other means - I am trying to find out the most cost-effective way of staying one or two nights there.

larryallen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KOBC x6, Westin Kierland x2, and we went to the darkside and bought points!
I plan to add some time at our next trip to Ko Olina as well. Looks like fun!

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just helped my SIL book a two night stay at Aulani for October. I used Mouseowners.com, found an owner renting points out for $10/point. It's much cheaper than paying Disney cash. Her Island view studio room was 19 pts/night. I think Disney was charging $400+tax. Aulani owners can book 11 months out, but there aren't tooany renting points. Any dvc owner can book at 7months. If its summer you're looking for, you'll want to find someone ahead of 7months so they can call as soon as the window opens.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just helped my SIL book a two night stay at Aulani for October. I used Mouseowners.com, found an owner renting points out for $10/point. It's much cheaper than paying Disney cash. Her Island view studio room was 19 pts/night. I think Disney was charging $400+tax. Aulani owners can book 11 months out, but there aren't tooany renting points. Any dvc owner can book at 7months. If its summer you're looking for, you'll want to find someone ahead of 7months so they can call as soon as the window opens.

slum808, you should add find an owner who has figured out the online system and they can book an hour earlier at 8am eastern.

:eek: at some of the questions on it over at the DIS boards. :doh:

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
slum808, you should add find an owner who has figured out the online system and they can book an hour earlier at 8am eastern.

:eek: at some of the questions on it over at the DIS boards. :doh:

I have to say, I really hate that policy. Worldmark just did the same thing and I don't think its right to give first crack to the internet group. I'm waiting for AARP to start a lawsuit based on the fact that many seniors don't use the internet. I'm not in this group but, I still don't think its right.

I guess if you really wanted a particular date, you could ask the owner to walk to resservation for you. They may ask for money to do this, I know I would. It's a lot of work, but I'm predicting its going to be increasingly difficult to get Aulani for summer months using the 7 month window.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to say, I really hate that policy. Worldmark just did the same thing and I don't think its right to give first crack to the internet group. I'm waiting for AARP to start a lawsuit based on the fact that many seniors don't use the internet. I'm not in this group but, I still don't think its right.

I guess if you really wanted a particular date, you could ask the owner to walk to resservation for you. They may ask for money to do this, I know I would. It's a lot of work, but I'm predicting its going to be increasingly difficult to get Aulani for summer months using the 7 month window.

Wyndham does the same thing with the 10 month window, computer booking opens up earlier than the call center.