• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV view with StarOptions?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
All,

What has been the view category that owners get at check-in at WKORV (or North) when they make the reservation 8 months out with StarOptions?

Do they get an Island View? Has anyone ever gotten a nice Ocean View?

Please advise and thanks!

Greg

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
All,

What has been the view category that owners get at check-in at WKORV (or North) when they make the reservation 8 months out with StarOptions?

Do they get an Island View? Has anyone ever gotten a nice Ocean View?

Please advise and thanks!

Greg

Last time we booked WKORV with SOs (for a stay during July), we ended up with:

1x IV studio (parking lot view)
2x OV 1BRs (higher floor was clear view, lower floor was obstructed by trees)
1x IV 1BR (actually good view if you looked sideways)

so definitely a mix and match.

One of the OVs (that got the clear view) was actually a fill of a wait-list request, so it was nowhere near the 8 months out like the others were.

Last edited:

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Just back from stay on staroptions at WKORV, made ressie around 4 months for Feb 25 10 days in a 1 bedroom and got room 4613 which is a clear oceanview room on the 6th floor.

If this is a big concern better to go with WKORV-North as the island views are better (i.e. no parking lot views)

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
If this is a big concern better to go with WKORV-North as the island views are better (i.e. no parking lot views)

This is very interesting -- is the TUG consensus that Island Views are better at WKORVN versus WKORV?

Those reported views are better than I expected, since some are OV (and I expected IV only).

Thanks very much!

Greg

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think a good data point to include would be the time of year that you were there (thus comparing how placement and peak/off peak compared).

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Booked 8 months ahead, went in October... WKORVN First week one bedroom 5th floor overlooking pirate ship and ocean, 2nd week 1st floor corner ocean front studio. Booked 8 months ahead, went in May, 2nd floor overlooking pool and ocean, had partial ocean view due to palm trees.

I have been VERY pleased with my rooms. I would always do WKORVN over WKORV, as the bad views are better (no parking lot views) and the studios have lanai's. I actually prefer the pool at WKORV as it is somewhat quieter, but I would rather have a better room location over a shorter walk.

And I would always prefer being at either resort over being at work.

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I would always do WKORVN over WKORV, as the bad views are better (no parking lot views) and the studios have lanai's.

Absolutely!

I actually prefer the pool at WKORV as it is somewhat quieter

Really? In all my visits I've found the North pool to always be quieter. Note that I don't visit during school holidays.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is very interesting -- is the TUG consensus that Island Views are better at WKORVN versus WKORV?

Those reported views are better than I expected, since some are OV (and I expected IV only).

Thanks very much!

Greg

The difference is that none of the buildings on the north side have parking lot or highway views. All of the units face toward the pool, or ocean. On the South side, the units on the back side of Bldg. 4 face the parking lot and highway. It's clearer when you look at the map - http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mrwestinkaanapaliocean.html Note that building 6&7 do not have any units facing back towards the parking lot - the units all face in the direction of the pools and ocean.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We are headed there in late April and booked it at 8 months out, so will let you know.

With regard to requesting a building, if we hope to get an ocean view, which buildings would anyone suggest? We did request a high floor and the representative I spoke with listed buildings 5 & 6 as our preferences. As I look at the picture via the link it appears that building 6 is the least likely to provide an ocean view. Thoughts?

Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
We are headed there in late April and booked it at 8 months out, so will let you know.

With regard to requesting a building, if we hope to get an ocean view, which buildings would anyone suggest? We did request a high floor and the representative I spoke with listed buildings 5 & 6 as our preferences. As I look at the picture via the link it appears that building 6 is the least likely to provide an ocean view. Thoughts?

Thanks.

On the North Side, you want to request a high floor in buildings 8 or 5.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
On the North Side, you want to request a high floor in buildings 8 or 5.

Thanks Denise. That's what I thought as well looking at the picture. I will make that request. Aloha!

gregb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN
Building 8 is all OF and most of building 5 is OF, so don't be surprised if you don't get your choice on a SO reservation.

oneohana

TUG Member
Reaction score
One May we were put in the OF deluxe 3rd floor facing WKORV-N. It was a tree view.:D

I looked at all the OF units from the beach, and that one had the worst view.

For us, it doesn't matter where they put us. Just happy to be in Hawaii.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Building 8 is all OF and most of building 5 is OF, so don't be surprised if you don't get your choice on a SO reservation.

I was wondering about that. Assuming we don't get either building 8 or 5, which of the other two (6 or 7) would potentially provide an ocean view? Of course it probably depends on where in the building you are located.

Thanks.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was wondering about that. Assuming we don't get either building 8 or 5, which of the other two (6 or 7) would potentially provide an ocean view? Of course it probably depends on where in the building you are located.

Thanks.

You can only select a floor and a building - not a view or a unit number.

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
We had building eight 2nd floor two weeks ago in the north(week after presidents week). Booked 8 months out 2 br. Loved it

pathways25

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks.

All of building 6 is island view. Building 7 is either island view or ocean view depending on what floor you're on.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
All of building 6 is island view. Building 7 is either island view or ocean view depending on what floor you're on.

Thanks. That is what I thought based on the photo. I realize that we can't request a specific view, but by requesting a building with a potential view of the ocean gives us a chance to get it.

As someone mentioned, any location on Maui, especially in the north section, is good.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Here is an edited response from Owner Services regarding location/view requests for Hawaii properties (from Nov'10) - I believe that SVO published a guideline regarding this around this time.

Special Requests that MAY BE entered (NO GUARANTEE)
- Building numbers if within the view category purchased
- ADA villas
- Low Floor - floors 1st or 2nd
- High Floor - floors 3rd and higher
- Location Preference/Special Needs
- Facing the Pirate ship (or not facing the pirate ship)
- Near elevator (walking distance)
- 1st floor (small children)
- Same building lower or higher floor when traveling with friends in different villas

Special Requests that MAY NOT be entered
- Specific villa number
- Hammerhead building (Princeville)
- Pool facing (Ka'anapali)
- Closest to the ocean