• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Texas de Brazil

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Yes, several times and places (Orlando, Las Vegas, Miami Beach and Denver). To me, it is the best Brazilian restaurant out there. It is now a tradition whenever we travel, if there is a Texas de Brazil there we make it a point to dine there one evening.

Kurt

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
They have the best salad bar I have ever seen. Then the best part is they bring you unlimited meat until you surrender. I love that place, my wife likes it but doesn't love it.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Its wonderful! It was one of Jerry's favorite places.

Besides the meat, they have a terrific salad bar, and also several soups. They don't just have fillers on the salad bar, they have hearts of palm, proscuitto, crispy bacon (half slices, not crumbles), parmesan cheese chunks, marinated manchego cheese, all kinds of salad fixings and more.

There are at least ten or twelve types of meat that the gauchos come around with. If you don't see the item you want, ask and they will bring it out. The items include various cuts of chicken, pork, lamb, and beef, including chops, ribs, slices, and even sausages (which were very good).

It is pricey, but well worth it. Skip a meal or eat lightly before you go.

My reflections are the restaurant in Las Vegas at Town Square. It is the only one I've visited.

Fern

natasha5687

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been? Is it worth it?

Funny, I was just thinking about Texas De Brazil yesterday. I live in MD and will travel to Fairfax VA to go eat their food even though Fogo De Chao is a little closer to me. To answer your question, it is worth every single penny. If you join their rewards club (free) you will get a 10% off coupon for joining but it is only good for 30 days from sign up (not valid on Saturdays). You also get a 2 for 1 coupon for your birthday. We signed everyone in the house up so we get 5 a year. If you decide to go, do yourself a favor and make a reservation.

Last edited:

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Its wonderful! It was one of Jerry's favorite places.

Besides the meat, they have a terrific salad bar, and also several soups. They don't just have fillers on the salad bar, they have hearts of palm, proscuitto, crispy bacon (half slices, not crumbles), parmesan cheese chunks, marinated manchego cheese, all kinds of salad fixings and more.

There are at least ten or twelve types of meat that the gauchos come around with. If you don't see the item you want, ask and they will bring it out. The items include various cuts of chicken, pork, lamb, and beef, including chops, ribs, slices, and even sausages (which were very good).

It is pricey, but well worth it. Skip a meal or eat lightly before you go.

My reflections are the restaurant in Las Vegas at Town Square. It is the only one I've visited.

Fern

We are going to try the one in Orlando. Probably do a late breakfast and then hit there for an early dinner. My kids love the Brazilian sausage. :D

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Funny, I was just thinking about Texas De Brazil yesterday. I live in MD and will travel to Fairfax VA to go eat their food even though Fogo De Chao is a little closer to me. To answer your question, it is worth every single penny. If you join their rewards club (free) you will get a 10% off coupon for joining but it is only good for 30 days from sign up (not valid on Saturdays). You also get a 2 for 1 coupon for your birthday. We signed everyone in the house up so we get 5 a year. If you decide to go, do yourself a favor and make a reservation.

We signed up for their club and got the 10% off and a BOGO. The kids are $5 each and the 2 year old is free. So with the BOGO its not bad. I did hear the drinks and desserts are pricey. I have never been to a Brazilian BBQ. We have a Portuguese one here which I am thinking will be similar. :)

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess all this means a vegan isn't going to have a lot of choices here? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Jim

Weimaraner

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess all this means a vegan isn't going to have a lot of choices here? :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Jim

Yes there's lots of meat. But that salad bar is awesome so a vegan may be happy too! My sister just pointed out to me that there is a Texas De Brazil in Orlando so it's on our Walt Disney World agenda as well.

GeraldineT

Reaction score

Jim

I know for dinner they have sushi and Salmon. Not sure if a vegan eats fish or not. As a HUGE carnivore I am confused by the whole vegan/vegetarian thing.

luvsvacation22

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grand Californian-VGC
Animal Kingdom-AKV
I love it! It is one of our favorite restaurants when we go to Orlando!:)

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
absolutely love the one in orlando!

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
At least a few years ago, there was also one just down the road from the Marriott's in Aruba.

Art

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just went to the one in Orlando for my daughter's birthday last month. The brunch isn't actually a brunch. It's what they call lunch on the weekend. Lunch is offered on Fridays only. They are closed on the rest of the weekdays for lunch.

Brunch is the same menu as dinner with a couple less things (beef tenderloin and one other thing, I think) but includes sodas and dessert. Next time I am going earlier, because I am addicted to Diet Coke, as is the rest of my family. Diet Coke was $3 for an 8 oz can, which I can go through in a swallow or two. :p I easily could have spent $20 on soda just myself, but I restrained myself to one. The desserts were delicious, or so I'm told by my family. I'm on a low carb diet. (Which was perfect here.)

The tenderloin was actually my least favorite thing they had there. I loved the house special sirloin. I love steak with a nice layer of fat seared around the edge. Mmmm..., my mouth is watering on the keyboard! They also had lobster bisque and maybe some sides on the salad bar. I kept away from that section since it wasn't low carb. They bring the meat so fast, make sure to turn your card to red to savor what you have and not let it get cold. Pace yourself because it can get crazy!

The manager is very nice and can answer questions. He's the one that told us the difference between lunch, brunch and dinner.

Geraldine - go this trip! With the BOGO and $5 kids, it will be a a bargain! Our bill was $250 for the four of us, including tip, one soda each and one dessert to split between the table. I may have to rethink the birthday person chooses the restaurant family rule. It's getting more and more expensive each year. Apparently my DD knows how to work the system...

spencersmama

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, and Geraldine, if you are a carnivore, they used to have a 2 for $20 special at Logan's Steak House on 192 before 6 pm every day. (Two dinners, one app for $20.) I'm not sure if they still do that, I haven't been in a year or so. They have a fabulous meatloaf that they grill and cover with sauteed onions, mushrooms and gravy and serve over mashed potatoes. The portions are huge. They also have a delicious mini dessert that comes in a tiny pail. I love the one that is a creamy whipped peanut butter filling with chocolate cookie crumbs in it. I think they have a couple other flavors, but frankly, any dessert has me at chocolate and peanut butter! <3

dwojo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Go to their website and register they send occasional discounts

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they have grilled pineapple on skewers? For my DD's wedding dinner (second marriage) we all went to The Red Violin, in Toronto. It was amazing. After the meal, they brought out skewers with whole pineapples, hot and covered with something like a cinammon crust. They were so good!

Dori

MichaelColey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been? Is it worth it?
It's one of my favorite restaurants. I've been to about half a dozen of their locations. ALWAYS incredible food and service. It's everything everyone said above, and more.

It's fairly expensive (about $45 per person, plus drinks, tax and tip?), but they do have sales from time to time. I've never paid full price. It's worth it, but I "get my fill" when they send me 2 for 1 coupons, which makes it an absolute steal.
Thanks for the info. Do they have any offerings for kids?
It varies depending on age. Ages 7-12 are half price. Ages 3-6 are $5. Under 3 is free. Kids 6 and under used to be free, and we LOVED it then (because we had two that age). Now that our older two are 8 and 6, it's more expensive. Once DD6 turns 7, it'll be cheaper to get a babysitter. ;)

If you join their rewards club (free) ... You also get a 2 for 1 coupon for your birthday. We signed everyone in the house up so we get 5 a year. If you decide to go, do yourself a favor and make a reservation.
Also, you get a 2 for 1 for your anniversary, and sometimes they have a 2 for 1 during slower times of the year as well.

glypnirsgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes there's lots of meat. But that salad bar is awesome so a vegan may be happy too! My sister just pointed out to me that there is a Texas De Brazil in Orlando so it's on our Walt Disney World agenda as well.

While I was a vegan, this worked great for me. I ordered "salad bar only" and had so much to choose from. It was one of th easiest places to eat at.

elaine

lvhmbh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The one in Aruba was their second one. The local tourist newspaper usually has a 15% off coupon. The kids (teens) are always asking when we can go as they just opened a new one across from the Galleria in Ft. Lauderdale.