• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about Resale

mike99910

Reaction score
Points available

Hi Dan, We have 77,000 points yearly that we are no longer using. If you are looking to build your bank, you can have them, I would just ask you to pay the tranfer and closing. They have a low maint. $45/mo (El Cid in Mexico).
Let me know before I advertise them. Thanks, Mike
michaelrotman@yahoo.com

I am thinking about purchasing some points via resales since i have read numerous posts that recommend doing it this way. Is $0.007039/ point a good price and also. I know if you buy resale you lose the VIP but do you lose anything else. Can you bank these points in wyndham just like they tell you when you sit through one of there spills, if so for how long can you bank them in wyndham and then can you move to RCI and bank there for how long? All information is greatly appriciated.

thanks
dan

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
The thing you can do if you aren't sure how many points you are going to use is purchase close to what you think you will use and if you end up needing more you can use the credit pool to add points to your current use year. We did this for the first couple years. We initially bought 189,000 and started borrowing from future years for current year reservations and ended up purchasing 343,000 more points to meet our needs.

For example if you needed to "borrow" points from future years for a reservation this year, you would pool your 2013 points today which makes them available for 3 years from today's date. so even though you wouldn't normally have access to use those points on reservations until January, using the credit pool you can start using those now. With time sharing it's always better to under buy than over buy.

Jason

Im working on my 2014 points now

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Any advice on renting points (should I start a new thread). Seems like .008 isn't too, too bad if you need points.

But I am nervous about renting points, I see funny things happen in my points balances (regarding what use year they belong in).

For example, if my use year ends Mar 31, 2012, and I rent points for May, 2012, and then I cancel, what use year will those belong to?

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see funny things happen in my points balances (regarding what use year they belong in).

For example, if my use year ends Mar 31, 2012, and I rent points for May, 2012, and then I cancel, what use year will those belong to?[/QUOTE

Yes, you should start a new thread when introducing a new topic.

If your use year is April 1, 2012-March 31, 2013, and your reservation was for May 2012, then the points will be returned as cancelled points to the use year April 2012-March 2013 if cancelled 15 days or more prior to check in.

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any advice on renting points (should I start a new thread). Seems like .008 isn't too, too bad if you need points.

But I am nervous about renting points, I see funny things happen in my points balances (regarding what use year they belong in).

For example, if my use year ends Mar 31, 2012, and I rent points for May, 2012, and then I cancel, what use year will those belong to?

$8/K isn't bad as long as you need less than 5,000 points to complete a reservation. If it is more than that, you are paying more than the cost to pool future points. Since I'm a procrastinator, (yes I know how well that works with timesharing) I like holding off paying Wyndham any more money than I have to.

Jason