• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham call center closed "for unforseen circumstance"

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Now that is a strange message I've never heard that one before. message says closed for unforeseen circumstances. Call back later. Has anyone ever got that message when they
called?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call centres have been closed in the past.

I would try after 9 est.

Just be sure to cancel your reservations that are 15 days to check in today if they are no longer needed. Hopefully every owner has internet access.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading the new Wyndham policy on 15 day in the future checkin - it states ANY OVERLAPPING RESERVATIONS WITHIN THE TRAVEL PERIOD.

I took that to mean: not just checkin dates overlapping, but also any later checkins at any other resort during that entire reservation without a Guest Certificate or the another member on the member ID listed as checking.

For example, you have a Sat-to-Sat reservation, but leave to checkin at Wyndham resort "B" where you have a Fri-Fri week. You have overlapping reservations and one of your dates WILL be cancelled.

As a single person, I feel this is totally wrong. Two owners will just put one owner on one reservation and the other, on the second reservation. I have no partner; and I regularly book a night or two while visiting a resort for a week (like Bike Week for a Tues&Wed stay while staying in Orlando).

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Now that is a strange message I've never heard that one before. message says closed for unforeseen circumstances. Call back later. Has anyone ever got that message when they
called?

They are answering the phone now. The rep I am talking to indicated he started at the normal time and was not aware of a problem.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just called. and they seem to be open now (9:45 est).

I heard something that I never heard before...(probably because I press 1 early in the message) The message was,.. for reservations press 1, for financial services press 2 and for owners with weeks deposited in the fax peogram press 3.

What is the fax program??..

And Linda I agree with you on the overlapping reservation thing...I have a spouse and she is on the account too, so, most of the time its not a problem for us yet; but the policy doesnt seem right; and we dont always travel together.

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
There was an old program that exchange fixed weeks with other fixed week owners. They have discontinued it, as far as I am aware. It was called the FAX Program.

I will try to call now thanks.

nole9911

Reaction score
I just called. and they seem to be open now (9:45 est).

I heard something that I never heard before...(probably because I press 1 early in the message) The message was,.. for reservations press 1, for financial services press 2 and for owners with weeks deposited in the fax peogram press 3.

What is the fax program??..

And Linda I agree with you on the overlapping reservation thing...I have a spouse and she is on the account too, so, most of the time its not a problem for us yet; but the policy doesnt seem right; and we dont always travel together.

The fax program was an internal exchange that Fairfield Resorts offered. Wyndham is still honoring people that had weeks deposited into the fax program. You just faxed in a request to where you wanted(only 16 Fairfield Resorts were available), if there was a week available they would let you exchange your week for one hundred dollars.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a Wyndham sales weasel told the truth to a mark buyer & the system imploded?