• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

THE ALEXANDRA RESORT AND SPA - Turks

annenp

Reaction score
This is an RCI resort in the Turks --- has anyone been there? If so what do you think - RCI has no reviews.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
It's also listed on II but with no reviews and has a silver rating. It has a 4.5 star rating on Trip Advisor, though, which is better than I've seen in the past. I've never been to Turks and Caicos, but would like to try the resort sometime.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There are 13 reviews on TUG. It is a members only benefit.

There is a thread with picture links in the BBS.

shar

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Seatime, Aruba Divi Phoenix, A Place at the Beach III
We were there in Aug 2003 when first opening. We would go back in a minute if we could find an exchange into there.

Shar

Judy

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is on one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Good luck getting an exchange there. I tried for a long time and finally gave up and paid for a rental.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Turks and Caicos is on my wish list of places to visit. If the logistics ever work out to get there, I'm there in a heart beat.

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Married there.....

We got married there, right on the beach at sunset, November 2003. Nice resort. The studios and 1BR are small, but the 2BR we had was quite nice. Would go back in a heartbeat. Most beautiful beach ever.....

If I win the lottery we would buy a condo there.

rynker

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own a unit and wouldn't think of selling unless it's an emergency....never trade it because we want to go back every year!

nrkh12

Reaction score
I haven't seen an available exchange there in the last 8 years with either company.
Good Luck.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
We got married there, right on the beach at sunset, November 2003. Nice resort. The studios and 1BR are small, but the 2BR we had was quite nice. Would go back in a heartbeat. Most beautiful beach ever.....

If I win the lottery we would buy a condo there.

Hey, I was there for that wedding;) :wave:

TravelMamma

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is an RCI resort in the Turks --- has anyone been there? If so what do you think - RCI has no reviews.

All of the reviews I have read have been great for the Alexandra Resort & Spa (expedia, tripadvisor, II forums, etc). I have also read that it is hard to get an exchange to. I have wanted to go to Turks and Caicos and researched what it would cost to go without using our timeshare (since I figured I wouldn't get an exchange) and decided to book a Getaway through II, although more expensive than other Getaway weeks, we are still saving. Can't wait to go!

Squan66

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Alexandra Resort and Spa

I was lucky enough to exchange there in October 2011. The resort is perfect. Rooms beautiful, beach spectacular and on site restaurant Mango Reef is exceptional. I would go back in a second. My only complaints were the cost of groceries and the cost of taxi rides. Taxi is per person, not per taxi. Next trip we will rent a car from Grace Bay rentals. Good luck.

vacationcrazy

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at the Alexandra Resort for a week in September that we purchased as a getaway. We stayed in the Chelsea building in a one bedroom which was ocean front. We loved it there. It was extremely quiet there because it was off season but we lucked out with the weather. It was very hot but also nice and sunny which was great. We went scuba diving and it was the best as there were only three divers on the boat with the dive master. We saw lots of sharks which we thought was very cool. The beach was the most beautiful beach I have ever seen and the water was crystal clear. I would go back in a minute and probably will next year. It is too bad it is so hard to exchange into. I also looked to purchase a unit resale and I do not even see one available. Three hours from NY, a nice short trip. Loved it there:)

TravelMamma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Trip review.

So we just got back from the getaway we bought through II a few weeks ago. I posted a detailed review in the tug member section. In summary, this was a great resort, beautiful beach, quiet surroundings, nice unit and fabulous view (Chelsea building, oceanfront)! The restaurant was also very good. This could easily be a gold premiere rated resort if it just added a few amenities and a little better quality service. We had a great time and would definitely return!

Last edited: