• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceana Palms

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Day 5 and so far no one has called to set up a presentation. Just a note on the door this morning asking me to call the concierge because they would like to tell me about Destination Club "enhancements" and appointment slots were filling up fast. I had vowed not to do this again, but now I'm feeling unwanted.:shrug:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

tlwmkw

Reaction score
I thought they closed the sales office there- maybe that's why they aren't bothering you too much. I wouldn't worry about it though- I'm sure if you want to talk to someone about buying it can be arranged.;) I would just enjoy the rest of the vacation.

tlwmkw

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at day 4 at OceanWatch.. no calls regarding presentations either.. we never go but also feeling unwanted... :p

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would LOVE to have the unwanted feeling! Just left Grande Vista, where we were approached 4 times for a sales presentation (all immediately declined)...and this just 3 weeks after we attended one of the worst Marriott sales presentations we've ever gone to at Oceana Palms!

We're headed to Barony Beach next week, and I'm hoping we're ignored, at least by the marketing/sales teams! It would be wonderful to NOT be asked.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
I would LOVE to have the unwanted feeling! Just left Grande Vista, where we were approached 4 times for a sales presentation (all immediately declined)...and this just 3 weeks after we attended one of the worst Marriott sales presentations we've ever gone to at Oceana Palms!

We're headed to Barony Beach next week, and I'm hoping we're ignored, at least by the marketing/sales teams! It would be wonderful to NOT be asked.

We're at Barony this week and haven't been bothered. When my husband checked in he got the welcome packet from the concierge. Was asked about a presentation and he told them no. Been quiet ever since.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
... We're headed to Barony Beach next week, and I'm hoping we're ignored, at least by the marketing/sales teams! It would be wonderful to NOT be asked.

At Barony they'll probably do the typical moves - a call from the "concierge" a few days before the trip, and then at check-in you'll be directed to the person sitting at the desk who will give you the Restaurant Guide and pages of local discounts. Both these contacts will try to get you to book an appointment but it's easy enough to say no. We don't even sit in the chairs at that desk, just take the paperwork and say nicely that we're all set and have no need for an appointment. It hasn't been my experience that they'll pester you further with phone calls to the unit during the week but others have said that it happened to them.

(I agree with whoever else said that the daily phone calls from the Activities Dept are a bother. But at least they use the auto-system so that you don't hear the ringer - every night around 7 the message light on the phone starts blinking.)

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
We're at Barony this week and haven't been bothered. When my husband checked in he got the welcome packet from the concierge. Was asked about a presentation and he told them no. Been quiet ever since.

Or, what she said. :rofl:

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I thought they closed the sales office there- maybe that's why they aren't bothering you too much. I wouldn't worry about it though- I'm sure if you want to talk to someone about buying it can be arranged.;) I would just enjoy the rest of the vacation.

tlwmkw
The sales office is definitely open for business on the main level as well as a model and sales offices upstairs. The tours are going on all the time = lots of sales people. I never picked up my free gift from the concierge which may be why I'm being neglected.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry but. I would not feel unwanted. Why? Because I am own vacation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
The sales office is definitely open for business on the main level as well as a model and sales offices upstairs. The tours are going on all the time = lots of sales people. I never picked up my free gift from the concierge which may be why I'm being neglected.

We were told there are 30+ sales reps at Oceana Palms.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I believe it. They are everywhere. BTW, I'm not crazy about the wifi here. I seem to have to log on every 15 minutes and it goes down frequently.

Sullco2

Reaction score
But isn't the property nice?

Let's not forget to comment on the property itself. We were there in February and loved it.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is a beautiful property. I don't think you can get a bad view here. They are at capacity and it is not at all crowded. I think there are only 77 units.The amenities should be able to handle the additional tower easily when it opens. The service is great. I love the big master shower. Our unit doesn't have the large soaking tub and that is fine. I never use mine at home anyway. This is a grown-up place which is great because we have only adults with us. Soft jazz playing by the pool - very civilized. We went over to Ocean Point and it has a very active vibe. Lots of kids. If I han my grandkids with me, I'd probably prefer the hokey pokey to soft jazz, however.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We just went through a tour at Oceana Palms and we agree with all of the comments we have heard about the units. Very nicely done. High ceilings, very open living space. The pools were very nice and it is a very short walk to the beach. Based on the properties on both sides of the resort, the views are outstanding from the current "sunrise" tower, and will be from the "sunset" tower that is being built.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Room location

It is a beautiful property. I don't think you can get a bad view here. They are at capacity and it is not at all crowded. I think there are only 77 units.The amenities should be able to handle the additional tower easily when it opens. The service is great. I love the big master shower. Our unit doesn't have the large soaking tub and that is fine. I never use mine at home anyway. This is a grown-up place which is great because we have only adults with us. Soft jazz playing by the pool - very civilized. We went over to Ocean Point and it has a very active vibe. Lots of kids. If I han my grandkids with me, I'd probably prefer the hokey pokey to soft jazz, however.

I still need to specify my room request for the weekend of the 10th.....If I pick south side (Lower or higher level)?.....where did you end up.....are there any BAD views/locations that you note?
Thanks, Judy

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I ended up in 1192 - 19th floor, south side. It was the furthest unit back from the beach and it was a magnificent view so anything else should be better. The balcony was very sunny also. Not being on the North side, I can't say, but it is probably a beautiful view also but not as sunny. As posted earlier, with the garage levels on the lower floors, all the units are pretty high up.

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Too Hot in Sun??

I ended up in 1192 - 19th floor, south side. It was the furthest unit back from the beach and it was a magnificent view so anything else should be better. The balcony was very sunny also. Not being on the North side, I can't say, but it is probably a beautiful view also but not as sunny. As posted earlier, with the garage levels on the lower floors, all the units are pretty high up.

Thanks.....is it HOT on the south side in the sun?.....or is it cool enough this time of year that the sunny side is the more comfortable area? Generally we look for shade but we also usually go to the beach in the summer?
THANKS

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks.....is it HOT on the south side in the sun?.....or is it cool enough this time of year that the sunny side is the more comfortable area? Generally we look for shade but we also usually go to the beach in the summer?
THANKS

YES, it can still be hot at this time of year, HOWEVER not nearly as hot and humid as during the summer months.

I will say that the north side of the building offers very nice views, and you won't be baking in the sun all day.

Personally I'd go for the north side, and catch the direct sun when you hit the pool or walk the beach. But that's just me!

The Villas are extremely nice regardless of what view you have. Enjoy your stay!

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
At Barony they'll probably do the typical moves - a call from the "concierge" a few days before the trip, and then at check-in you'll be directed to the person sitting at the desk who will give you the Restaurant Guide and pages of local discounts. Both these contacts will try to get you to book an appointment but it's easy enough to say no. We don't even sit in the chairs at that desk, just take the paperwork and say nicely that we're all set and have no need for an appointment. It hasn't been my experience that they'll pester you further with phone calls to the unit during the week but others have said that it happened to them.

:cheer: :cheer: We checked in a couple of hours ago. We weren't even routed to the concierge desk after check in! We did stop there to get a map, though. The guy asked our name, looked at his sheet, and told us to have a wonderful time. Not one mention of a presentation!!!! We were contacted before we left home, and we declined the presentation then, and THEY LISTENED! So, we LOVE Barony so far, just based on this what-should-be-standard approach to marketing.

mjkkb2

TUG Member
Reaction score

I believe there aren't any units with tubs, only showers.