• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Manor Club ... new low?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
wow- wonder what it will close at

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with this Marriott resort but I looked at the listing and can't tell if this is a lockoff that can be split into two 1BR units or can it only be used as a 2BR.:shrug:

windje2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not familiar with this Marriott resort but I looked at the listing and can't tell if this is a lockoff that can be split into two 1BR units or can it only be used as a 2BR.:shrug:

Based on the representation in the ebay listing that the week is deeded as 1711, the unit is in the Patrick Henry Building of the original development, so it would be 2BR non lockoff.

LINK (not sure if login required)

IMHO, the original Manor Club is more attractive occupancy than the Sequel.

Last edited:

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
And if you read the entire ad it's a BOGO! What more could you ask for????

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a new low that should be a new standard

The seller is Uri Fried owner of The Timeshare Company. They list a lot of TS on ebay and often have errors in the listing so double check. That being said if they do mess up they do come through, or will make it right.

The BOGO offer is usually the type of timeshares you'd find in the TUG bargain basement, but picked clean of the few good deals.

Their timeshares listed on ebay are often poorly labeled and dont receive the maximum exposure, which is potential for very good deals. For example, this listing doesnt even mention Platinum in the headline keywords.

Last edited:

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Marriott actively exercising ROFR at this resort?

Also, the ad says Platinum is weeks 13-43 and 48-52. That's a long Platinum period! is it tough to get summer weeks at Marriott Manor? (As it is at Newport Coast Villas?)

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
The seller is Uri Fried owner of The Timeshare Company. They list a lot of TS on ebay and often have errors in the listing so double check...

yes, for example the 2012 mf is listed as $1015 but is more around $970.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point

Also, the ad says Platinum is weeks 13-43 and 48-52. That's a long Platinum period! is it tough to get summer weeks at Marriott Manor? (As it is at Newport Coast Villas?)

I have never had a problem getting one.

Ray

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes, for example the 2012 mf is listed as $1015 but is more around $970.

Actually, $998 for 2012 still not bad for such a nice resort.

Never had trouble getting July 4th week to trade.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Why ROFR isn't a plus

$154.01 it is!

I guess even ROFR isn't going to help the seller now is it? Another perfect example of why even a great resort can be sold for pennies and ROFR make no positive impact at all. With or without ROFR the seller gets under $200.

Someone got a wonderful buy. That is one of the great timeshare resorts (speaking of the resort itself - others may have better surroundings but few are equal in unit/resort quality to the original Manor Club).

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, $998 for 2012 still not bad for such a nice resort.

Yes, you are right. I miscalculated.
I disagree with that this is not a bad MF, however. Like, why do they need $200+ for reserve funds when alot of upgrades have already been done?

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I disagree with that this is not a bad MF, however. Like, why do they need $200+ for reserve funds when alot of upgrades have already been done?
Because they need to start accumulating money for the next round. It needs to be accumulated over time. If it is not, then a huge special assessment in the future is the only option. I think $200 is actually a very modest reserve contribution.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score

Because those upgrades only last 5-7 years and the next ones will likely cost more. $200 is actually low for such a high quality resort. Holding reserve collections too low is an extremely common error at far too many timeshares. This type of short term thinking is one reason why it occurs. Hopefully the Board at Manor Club continues to be aggressive with anticipating future expenses. It is a positive for the owners and will help avoid any special assessments.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
I guess even ROFR isn't going to help the seller now is it? Another perfect example of why even a great resort can be sold for pennies and ROFR make no positive impact at all. With or without ROFR the seller gets under $200.
Of course ROFR does not help the seller if the developer seldom exercises ROFR. If they did on a regular basis, it might help a lot.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Of course ROFR does not help the seller if the developer seldom exercises ROFR. If they did on a regular basis, it might help a lot.

Yeah, the developer as the owner gets nothing more.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Yeah, the developer as the owner gets nothing more.

This answer makes no sense. I can't even tell what point you are trying to make. My point is that if ROFR were exercised regularly, some of these lowball offers would be higher because some purchasers would pay more than these ebay prices if they had to in order to get the unit. If ROFR is seldom exercised, buyers know that they can often get the unit with these very low offers.

Last edited:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
This answer makes no sense. I can't even tell what point you are trying to make. My point is that if ROFR were exercised regularly, some of these lowball offers would be higher because some purchasers would pay more than these ebay prices if they had to in order to get the unit. If ROFR is seldom exercised, buyers know that they can often get the unit with these very low offers.

University studies have shown that prices fall when ROFR is in play - not rise. So the only "winner" is/would be the Developer who gets cheap weeks to sell again. The seller gets only what was originally offered - the low price - and the buyer learns not to bid or to bid lower next time as there is a good chance the Developer will tire of the game before the general public does. That is backed up by the studies - the amount of willing buyer offer FALL when ROFR is in play.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
University studies have shown that prices fall when ROFR is in play - not rise. So the only "winner" is/would be the Developer who gets cheap weeks to sell again. The seller gets only what was originally offered - the low price - and the buyer learns not to bid or to bid lower next time as there is a good chance the Developer will tire of the game before the general public does. That is backed up by the studies - the amount of willing buyer offer FALL when ROFR is in play.

This certainly doesn't make logical sense to me. If I'm a buyer that loses to ROFR I'm not going to just quit if I really want something. Its human nature I think that I'll look for others and begin the process again. I may even bid a little higher to win because I really want it.

The only thing I can imagine that would make me lose interest is if I keep losing to ROFR and the price went above my acceptable range before I could win.

That scenerio may not benefit the buyer but doesn't hurt the seller in my book.