• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Resort Closings, Inc. Rating?

TooManyIDs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Timber Lodge
HGVC Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Didn't see a rating thread in this forum for Resort Closings, Inc., but I know they've been discussed in other forums.

http://resortclosings.com/

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Didn't see a rating thread in this forum for Resort Closings, Inc., but I know they've been discussed in other forums.

Located in Bozeman, MT. Owned by an attorney, James Tarpey (who is also the principal in Donate for a Cause). Competent, but a bit more expensive (...and yet often considerably slower) than other alternatives.

TooManyIDs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Timber Lodge
Yes, same company, they did a closing for me.

Since I've seen them mentioned a few times, was curious how a rating thread was built.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Simple...

...was curious how a rating thread was built.

Moderators place a business by name in the "ratings of businesses" section. People essentially submit a "poll" response, providing a "grade" / rating in so doing. The system automatically precludes / blocks anyone from "voting" more than once for any one business, and the total number of "vote" submissions is openly identified for each business, right along with the bar graph itemizing all individual ratings submitted.

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Currently closing with this company

They have a website that you can enter a unique code into to check the status of your closing. I've emailed them twice with questions recently and it's gone over a week for each with no response. The file on the website shows as closed, but it's my first go round so I don't know what that means. I know my documents are with the resort now, but when I called them they said the membership was still under the previous owner's names and if the documents were sent that it would still be 6-8 weeks for them to acknowledge me as owner.

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
I had a very clean and pleasant transaction through Resort Closings earlier this year. Good communication and quick closing. The entire process took only 25 days from the time the eBay auction ended to the time when Marriott had the week listed under my name. The whole thing was surprisingly fast and trouble-free.

My only complaint is that their fees are a little steep ($475 in my case).

Based on this experience, I can highly recommend Resort Closings, Inc. to anyone considering a resale purchase.

TooManyIDs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Timber Lodge
I had a good experience as well, which is why I was curious there was no rating thread.

timesharepro

TUG Member
Reaction score
No Response

They have a website that you can enter a unique code into to check the status of your closing. I've emailed them twice with questions recently and it's gone over a week for each with no response. The file on the website shows as closed, but it's my first go round so I don't know what that means. I know my documents are with the resort now, but when I called them they said the membership was still under the previous owner's names and if the documents were sent that it would still be 6-8 weeks for them to acknowledge me as owner.

hellolani,

Could you pm me your file number or last name so I can figure out why you have not received responses to your inquiries. My name is John Kushman. I work for Resort Closings and would like to be sure this is taken care of.

Thanks,
John