• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Zelle payments

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent a Zelle request for payment tonight for the first time.
The payer said she received a message that payment was submitted.

On my end, I have received no money. No activity showing except for my
pending request. I am not going to pay for a guest certificate until I know
I have received the funds.

Is there usually a delay in receiving the funds?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My experience is that it has always been instantaneous. THough I have never sent requests for money. I just send money and have used it to send money between accounts at different banks. It has always been instant.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I use Zelle to send money through my bank account, I must first set up a recipient using their phone number. After that, transfer is instantaneous.
Not familiar with requesting funds using Zelle.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It may be the amount. My recollection is that larger funds take a day or two to arrive.

EDIT: Never mind. I'm thinking of Venmo.

Dave

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
It is normally instantly deposited. I have sent a few thousand and it is immediately posted and I get a message that it was delivered. Can they send you the message that it was delivered?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I see almost instantly. I'd have them call their bank (let them do the legwork). And then maybe ask your bank? But I find in general, people like to say wait (the wishful thinking aspect - do nothing til you have to). I would not be comfortable if I wasn't seeing the money in my account. Or at least a message it's processing, especially if you sent them a request.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
Respectfully looking for feedback on Zelle experiences...there is no backstop with Zelle like with a credit card if something goes wrong, correct? I've been surprised how willing people seem to be to use it to send thousands of dollars to strangers who hopefully have the best intentions.

Brett

Reaction score
Respectfully looking for feedback on Zelle experiences...there is no backstop with Zelle like with a credit card if something goes wrong, correct? I've been surprised how willing people seem to be to use it to send thousands of dollars to strangers who hopefully have the best intentions.

I only use Zelle for family members - who have the best intentions

The transfer is usually instantaneous but if the recipient's account is not set up properly it can cause delays (and if the recipent's account is with a credit union)

Last edited:

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
It is a tricky process for both parties if they don't know each other. Each side it not trusting the other so the best you can do is your due diligence ahead of time, give/receive as much info as possible, and then cross your fingers. I just paid gutter folks to fix, clean, and add gutter guards but when I sent money via zelle, I was still a bit apprehensive...triple checked the associated phone number, and relaxed once they sent me the message that they had received the money. For me there are two uneasy parts to this, one, I screw up the number and send to the wrong person or I send it to a scammer.... The gutter folks had delivered a service so I was less concerned about being scammed but more concerned about me screwing up the phone number and sending some random person money.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It is a tricky process for both parties if they don't know each other. Each side it not trusting the other so the best you can do is your due diligence ahead of time, give/receive as much info as possible, and then cross your fingers. I just paid gutter folks to fix, clean, and add gutter guards but when I sent money via zelle, I was still a bit apprehensive...triple checked the associated phone number, and relaxed once they send me the message that they had received the money. For me there are two uneasy parts to this, one, I screw up the number and send to the wrong person or I send it to a scammer.... The gutter folks had delivered a service so I was less concerned about being scammed but more concerned about me screwing up the phone number and sending some random person money.
If the recipient has setup on their side to receive, you should see their name when you enter their phone number or email address. So this should help verify you are sending to the right people.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Paypal started charging me fees because I own a condo and I was getting money from a bunch of renters.
The other party went to bed and did not see a text from her bank requesting verification to make the payment.
I now have the money and she has the reservation confirmation. Yeah!

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the Zelle FAQs:

Will the person I send money to be notified?
Yes! They will receive a notification via email or text message. The message may be sent by Zelle® or by their bank or credit union.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
FYI regarding Zelle stuff. A friend in Phoenix posted this experience today about Facebook Marketplace. The same might be happening when people try to rent timeshares and take payments via Zelle and similar. Buyer beware.

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 6.40.29 AM.png

Dave

Eggrollcreative

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations Elara, Worldmark, Seagull Beach Club, Vacation Internationale
She should have sent a screen shot of the confirmation if she is legit…hope not a scammer!