• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

You know when you're getting old (52) when...

Reaction score
I went to bed normally, but woke up with torn shoulder muscles (deltoids)! I am taking today and tomorrow off, since I need to let the muscles heal, and driving a (Disney World) bus requires two hands. I also need to be able to strap in the wheelchairs/ECVs.

TS

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah you do something physical and everything is fine and then you go to bed and wake up with a pulled muscle. Been there. Often times its the second day after you do something for some strange reason.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Voltaren is otc. I get mine at Costco.

Bill

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m glad the OP, put his health first and his thinking about putting the health of Disney tourists (bus passengers) next.

Praying for a complete recovery of the OP, shoulder muscle injury deltoids).

Reaction score
To the OP, 52 is not old.
Maybe not "old", but "getting old"
:shrug:
In terms of driving a bus, they have a large steering wheel, a button that kneels (lowers the front end of) the bus for easier entry/exit, door control lever, air brake release, hazards, auto transmission buttons, and interior light controls. I am unable to use all those with just one hand. At least the accelerator, brake, and turn signals are foot-activated. So, this is definitely a safety hazard. My shoulder has gone from a pain level of 9 (not as bad as terrible tooth pain) to around 5 (sore), so it has improved.

TS

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be jokes such as...You know you're getting old when you could party all week and it only took you a night to recover, but now you party all night and it takes you a week to recover.

Anyway, here's hoping for a speedy recovery for the OP.

Reaction score
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be jokes such as...You know you're getting old when you could party all week and it only took you a night to recover, but now you party all night and it takes you a week to recover.

Anyway, here's hoping for a speedy recovery for the OP.
I meant it as a light-hearted symptom of getting old. Yeah, it's painful, but hey, it's kinda funny that I get injured by sleeping! Of all the things I did 24 hours before waking up in pain, none was stretching or anything that would cause muscle strain. I did that in 2015, where I was tightening a bolt above my head on a semi. At that time, it was my left shoulder.

TS