• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham Sea Garden - Sept 2024

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Hubby & I will be there for 12 nights next month! It's been a long time (more than 15 years) since we've been down in the Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano Beach area. What suggestions to you have . . . good & bad . . . for the area. We're especially interested in nice seafood & Italian restaurants close by. And of course, we have our fingers crossed that there are no serious weather incidents while we're there.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Italian: Gianni's, Zuccarelli's Cap's Place (Lighthouse Point -- a short boat ride from Cap's dock; https://capsplace.com/ for location of the dock)
Seafood: SeaSide Grill (in Lighthouse Cove resort), Flanigan's, SeaWatch on the Ocean, Houston's.

Long shot seafood place: Malulo's on Atlantic Ave. It's a Peruvian restaurant that used to have great ceviche, if you're into that kind of thing. Haven't been there in quite a while and so much has changed in the restaurant business since Covid.

The places above are well-established restaurants, some with multiple locations. There are probably newer places that are much better (or maybe much worse).

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It's finally here! We leave on Sunday . . . arriving to the resort Monday evening. If anyone else is nearby, drop me a note. We'd love to try to connect with others if timing works out :)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
It's finally here! We leave on Sunday . . . arriving to the resort Monday evening. If anyone else is nearby, drop me a note. We'd love to try to connect with others if timing works out :)
South Florida is quite a haul from Milwaukee. Do you do tag-team driving?

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
South Florida is quite a haul from Milwaukee. Do you do tag-team driving?
No generally our big road trips together, my hubby does all the driving. I always offer, but he says he's OK.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No generally our big road trips together, my hubby does all the driving. I always offer, but he says he's OK.
I do the same but I don't think I've ever done twenty hours and 1,400 miles.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do the same but I don't think I've ever done twenty hours and 1,400 miles.
LOL . . . if I were doing it myself, the first day would be 12-14 hours with an easy 6 the last day :)

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We arrived later in the evening that expected on Monday. Traffic through Chicago was smooth, but the Sunday traffic in general was heavier than we expected, especially in and around Nashville. We didn't get as far as we had wanted, which left us on "the wrong side" of Atlanta for the Monday morning rush hour. Sadly we were unable to connect with SilentG, so hopefully another time.

Our 1 BR deluxe unit at Sea Gardens is wonderful . . . nicely furnished with lots of room. Only real complaint is that they don't have the right lighting fixtures in useful locations and no ceiling fans anywhere in the unit. (Almost all Wyndhams we've stayed in have had ceiling fans in both the master bedroom and living room . . . but none here.)

The weather has been decent during the day, albeit hot & humid. Evenings have had some pretty nice lightning and thunderstorms. So far we only spent time around our resort and down at Royal Vista. They are doing guestroom renovations, so while the property is open to have beach access and use their pool, it's pretty much a ghost town there. It was very nice yesterday, as we spent time on the beach and in their pool.

We also met some nice ladies from NY . . . I told them about TUG . . . I hope they find their way over here to learn more about using their timeshare ownership points with Wyndham.

Last night we had a fabulous celebration dinner at The Beach House . . . largely thanks to the $100 g/c we received as part of our "owners' update" we did Tuesday morning. (More about that will be posted in the Wyndham owners' forum.) The dinner and service was amazing! We still spent nearly $100 more . . . but oh so worth it! We also enjoyed quite the vivid AND LOUD thunderstorm during our meal. We highly recommend The Beach House for a great meal.

That's about all I have for now. I'll be posting in the Wyndham Forum next to share our "update" from the sales weasels.

SeaGardensPool IMG_20240917_102414.jpg