• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Whyndham Santa Barbara

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been in the Pompano area recently or received any updates on the rennovation? thanx

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are point owner of SB, maybe you can login to FF's website and click on the resort, it has a link for owner of that resort. Don't know if the news is the latest. If you own week, maybe call FF and Owner relation to see if you can set up an on-line account.

Jya-Ning

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
The Wyndham website says:

"Please note: The Wyndham Santa Barbara resort is currently undergoing extensive renovations and is scheduled to reopen in early 2008.

For additional information, please contact Wyndham Vacation Resorts at 1-800-251-8736, option 1, option 3.

Wyndham Santa Barbara Owners: Please click here for the latest information and photos on the ongoing renovations to your resort."

pranas

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I live a few blocks from this resort, I can tell you that the exterior is looking nice. The work has progressed at a more reasonable pace these past few months. Never saw a lot of workers but there have been signs of activity. Last week I even saw patio tables and chairs near the entrance. Don't know if they were going into the building or outside. From the outside, it does look like it should be ready for opening sometime in the near future.

bsheets326

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at Sea Gardens last week and drove by Santa Barbara several times. The staff at SG told me that SB wouldn't be open until sometime early next year. I couldn't pin then down on a month or date.
I didn't see much construction activity around SB, so I'm not sure how quickly they are working to complete renovations.
As many of you know, the North Waterfalls section at SG is being renovated, and there were workers there every day. I'm much more confident that Wyndham will finish SG renovations before they finish Santa Barbara.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased at Sea Gardens, and as near as I can tell from the board candidate slate from this year, the BOD is owner-managed, not developer-managed. It's not Wyndham doing the fixing at Sea Gardens, it's the owners themselves.

I don't know what the story is with Santa Barbara's HOA.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be staying at Ocean Palms 1/1-1/05, is there alot of noise and mess with the waterfalls construction? Also, will drive to Santa Barbara to check it out as we lost our week 52 this year--but thats another posting! Dawn

turtleclan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nashville, Branson at the Falls
Pompano

I don't own at WM Pompano, but I own at Sunset, kind of a mom and pop timeshare operation. They imposed a three year declining assessment for hurricane damages. 2008 will be the last and the cheapest assessment. Hooray for that. When I was there for a couple of weeks at the end of May, the red flags were on the beach daily and it was too windy to even go for a beach walk. Most of the damage was already repaired at the resort when I bought-in last year so I don't know the extent of the devastation, if any. But while there the wind drove the rain right in under the windows and doors and we woke up to flooded floor areas. I don't know if this is of any help to you. This resort puts up a kind of homemade hurricane shutter assembly and if it comes you have to evacuate. In May we flew into FT Laud. and took the trirail/buses to the resort. We got a month bus pass and went all over the place. I guess if you are there when a hurricane hits you will find some way to leave. When we went in Sept. we rented a car and it was not near as interesting, but certainly faster and more convenient. The weather was nicer too.

andy

Reaction score
Finally, Santa Barbara will re-open for weeks owners on Jan. 11, 2008 and fully re-open in February.

Lisa P

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Wondering about assessments at Santa Barbara and Sea Gardens... Do either of these resorts have assessments pending for 2008 and beyond? Have all the repairs been paid for?

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Drove by Santa Barbara today they were bringing in new furniture--through the plastic looked like couches/chairs--saw a bright blue color--alot of workman around--looks newly painted on the exterior--could not get very close--it will be tight to be open in 1 week-- Dawn

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
According to staff only 40 rooms will open on 1/11, with the rest to open in February ...

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Took a walk and talked to the front desk-"WE HOPE TO OPEN IN 1 WEEK" for owners only and in Feb for all others. She claims everything in the units has been completely replaced except for the w/p tubs. Kitchen cabinets, appliances, sinks, toilets, all furniture, flooring, etc--at least we know where our special assesments went. No more Santa Barbara sign though just Wyndham Vacation Resorts??? Dawn

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Santa Barbara Certificate of Occupancy was ISSUED yesterday (Thursday 1/03/08) by the government powers ... Yes, people can now stay there.

andy

Reaction score
Santa Barbara

Visited Santa Barbara and the renovated units are beautiful. At the present time it is opened to weeks owners only and should be open to all in February.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
Andy, do you think they will be able to regain their GC status with all of the new renovations? We own an odd yr New Years week/52--so will not be able to go until 09'. Can't wait to see the new units. Dawn