• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

why no svo in puerto rico?

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
just heard that the westin rio mar in puerto rico is being reflagged a wyndham resort and they are putting up new timeshares on the property, any one know why starwood passed on this property? we arew going there in may and i hope they honor the starpoint award and the spg50.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
just heard that the westin rio mar in puerto rico is being reflagged a wyndham resort and they are putting up new timeshares on the property, any one know why starwood passed on this property? we arew going there in may and i hope they honor the starpoint award and the spg50.
Where did you hear that? I hope the reflagging doesn't happen any time soon as I was planning on going there in October.

I have had starpoint reservations at two Starwood properties that were reflagged (Rancho Bernardo, CA and Gainesville, FL) and both times they honored the award reservation.

Spence

Banned
Reaction score
Rio Mar Beach Resort and Spa, A Wyndham Grand Resort

Where did you hear that?
Email received last night from Wyndham By Request
Rio Mar Beach Resort and Spa
A Wyndham Grand Resort
Two Nights Free PLUS a Rio Mar VIP Value Card!
We are proud to announce the Rio Mar Beach Resort and Spa in Puerto Rico, our newest and most exciting addition to the Wyndham Family.

Escape from the mundane and revitalize at Rio Mar! By day, you can explore our 500 acres of beachfront property, 2 championship golf courses, 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, sprawling pool and our Mandara Spa. By night, satisfy your appetite at one of the resort's 11 restaurants. Culinary artists from around the world create the superlative dining experience that so perfectly flavors a grand vacation.

For a limited time only, Rio Mar has a very special offer available to our ByRequest members only. Stay with us from May 10 - December 21, 2007, and receive two (2) nights free with the purchase of two (2) consecutive night stays in the same room. In addition, our offer includes a Rio Mar VIP value card with great discounts throughout the resort!

With your VIP card receive 25% off the following:

• Individual tee times
• Individual tennis court rentals
• Spa treatments
• Non-motorized water sports
• Tours to Old San Juan and El Yunque Rain Forest for a second guest
• Daily cabana rentals

Take advantage of this great offer today — see you on the beach!

harzim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Westin Rio Mar going Wyndham in May

I just got back from Westin Rio Mar (had a great time). Check out the restaurant Dragon Fly in Old San Juan. It was great!

All the staff at the resort told me that it is going to be a Wyndham as of May. So, in addition to the press releases, I hear it directly. I used my Starpoints. I would call the hotel and check that they will honor reservation for after March.

Weez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Check out this thread. I also wondered why *wood was letting this property go, the place has really gone down hill as of late but its got a gorgeous beach and pool.

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
i called starwood and all reservations will be honored throughout the year. they will post when they will no longer accept starpoints and spg50.

Weez

TUG Member
Reaction score
i called starwood and all reservations will be honored throughout the year. they will post when they will no longer accept starpoints and spg50.

Hopefully, that is true but I wouldn't totally rely on *wood customer service.