• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which of these two timeshares have the greater trading value in interval international?

AbelowDS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have to deed back one of my timeshares. I have two Vistana weeks, and I would greatly appreciate your input on which one to keep. I am interested in keeping the one with most trading power with interval international.

So which one should I keep?

• Shreaton Broadway Plantation in Myrtle Beach
• Deeded as Unit 1634, Week 8, Myrtle Phase
• Annual usage
• Gold Season - Floats 1,7-8,44-46,48,51-52
• 2 Bedroom, 2 Bath (NOT a Lock-off)

Or should I keep this one?

• Sheraton Vistana Lakes in Orlando
• Deeded as villa 1796, week 38
• Annual usage
• Floats weeks 1-52

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I wouldn't keep the off-season Sheraton in Myrtle Beach.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the Orlando would have better trading power because the SBR is off-season.

The other factors I'd consider:
Are the fees comparable?
Do you ever want to trade into Disney Vacation Club? They have a regional block on other Orlando timeshares so you won't be able to with that one.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the Orlando would have better trading power because the SBR is off-season.

The other factors I'd consider:
Are the fees comparable?
Do you ever want to trade into Disney Vacation Club? They have a regional block on other Orlando timeshares so you won't be able to with that one.
I agree, Orlando will have more trading power than week 8 in MB.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I have to deed back one of my timeshares. I have two Vistana weeks, and I would greatly appreciate your input on which one to keep. I am interested in keeping the one with most trading power with interval international.

So which one should I keep?

• Shreaton Broadway Plantation in Myrtle Beach
• Deeded as Unit 1634, Week 8, Myrtle Phase
• Annual usage
• Gold Season - Floats 1,7-8,44-46,48,51-52

Or should I keep this one?

• Sheraton Vistana Lakes in Orlando
• Deeded as villa 1796, week 38
• Annual usage
• Floats weeks 1-52

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.
What season is the Vistana Lakes? Platinum ?

Definitely agree to get rid of Gold SBR as on our sightings board, even Gold Plus SBR has lost much trading power.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I not a big Orlando fan, but since that week floats 1-52 it’s going to have the stronger trade power if you can reserve a good week.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I not a big Orlando fan, but since that week floats 1-52 it’s going to have the stronger trade power if you can reserve a good week.
With Vistana unfortunately you get a generic deposit based on your season.

Sheraton Vistana Resorts, Lake section has two seasons - high season is Platinum and low season which includes week 38 is Gold Plus

IMG_3488.jpeg

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

Just to reiterate that Grayfal is correct - if you want to use or rent the ability to book 1-52 is great, but for II since they give a generic deposit with the average trading value of the weeks in your season it isn't better.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to reiterate that Grayfal is correct - if you want to use or rent the ability to book 1-52 is great, but for II since they give a generic deposit with the average trading value of the weeks in your season it isn't better.
OP can not book 1-52. Only 16ish off season weeks.
See the Vistana screenshot I posted.

edit - see @got4boys post

Last edited:

got4boys

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Lakes week is a floating week since the OP owns a 2 Bedroom and not a 2 Bedroom Lockoff. You can book weeks 1 - 52 at the 8 month window.

Info below is from a Vistana Vacation Club - User Guide - Lakes (from my archives 2013)

1718661253621.png

1718661347535.png

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
But is the VSN season the same as the home season? I don't know the specifics of how Vistana Resort was structured but there are a lot of cases where the seasons shown on the VSN StarOption chart are not the same as the seasons the owner can reserve in the home resort booking window.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But is the VSN season the same as the home season? I don't know the specifics of how Vistana Resort was structured but there are a lot of cases where the seasons shown on the VSN StarOption chart are not the same as the seasons the owner can reserve in the home resort booking window.
You have got me! If the OP has this ownership in an II account it will show the season it has been assigned for trading purposes which is what this is about - exchanging.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The trade value of SVR Lakes is based on Gold Plus for a Gold Plus week. The nice thing is that if it comes with SOs, it is worth 81,000 regardless of Platinum or Gold Plus. A 2BR SVR non-lockoff should have very good trading power.

I own a Lockoff week at the Lakes phase, with MF of about $1,500 and get 95,700 SOs. You got to pry that week off my dead hands. I will sell everything else that I own before deeding back that week.

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score

The home week seasons don't necessarily correspond to star option seasons, and ime the home week seasons seem to control trading power irrespective of what the season is actually called.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
With Vistana unfortunately you get a generic deposit based on your season.

Sheraton Vistana Resorts, Lake section has two seasons - high season is Platinum and low season which includes week 38 is Gold Plus

View attachment 94756
If that’s the case, I wouldn’t take either week. Neither one will have squat for exchange power.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The home week seasons don't necessarily correspond to star option seasons, and ime the home week seasons seem to control trading power irrespective of what the season is actually called.
Yep, the week's trade value is based on blended week in the Gold Plus season. OP can book any week in 1-52 for staying or renting.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thought is whichever has lower maintenance fees maybe a better criterion. Don't forget that Florida timeshare maintenance fees will continue to go up due to the need to increase reserves.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Not asking you to take either week. OP is asking which week to keep. 2BR deposited in full should have good trade power.
Somehow I missed the first line of having to deed back one of his weeks. In that case definitely Myrtle Beach