• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate options

Marlu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Hills Branson Missouri &
Oak & Spruce Berkshire Massachusetts
Hey all. So we decided to stay in the northeast.
I am looking at II Westgate.
There are several options.
Westgate Town Center looks like the best choice.
Westgate villas seems nice too.
There's also the Westgate towers

Am I overlooking something.

We are a fam. Of 4, 2 young kids. So want the best pools and resort activities

Town center looks most modern. Any thoughts??
Thanks all.

Also we booked Vernon valley NJ next week. Woo hoo. Finally !!

Making timeshare life work is hard!! You tuggers have it down!!

Open to other better resorts. If it's available. Looking to travel Oct 21st

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
You say you want to stay in the North-East but list resorts that, I believe, are in Kissimmee FL. If you indeed want a Kissimmee location there are lots nicer resorts with activities for kids than Westgate, and then you wont be subject to their "welcome breakfast" -hard sales pitches. Vistana and Orange Lake as well as Summer Bay are nicer IMHO. Our GS loved the many pools at Vacation Village at Parkway and even the water slide and activities at Orbit One (a much smaller resort).

~Diane

Marlu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Diane apologies. Clearly I have been all over in where we want to stay.. We're from North East. Ur right Florida is the south east ...
Those other resorts sounds great too. But this is what looks available for me on II.
RCI didn't offer anything for my travel dates.

Maybe your seeing something I'm not.

We did stay at Orange lakes. Was great with kids activities.

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

@Diane apologies. Clearly I have been all over in where we want to stay.. We're from North East. Ur right Florida is the south east ...
Those other resorts sounds great too. But this is what looks available for me on II.
RCI didn't offer anything for my travel dates.

Maybe your seeing something I'm not.

We did stay at Orange lakes. Was great with kids activities.

Ok then, Kissimmee it is. Are you looking to exchange or just an additional week? For this Oct 21st I am seeing 6 resorts in the Last Call section of RCI, and 9 in the Extra Vacations section. RCI also has a sale on right now which lists a few (mostly studios & 1 bedroom) units in Kissimmee.

I was also looking at that check-in date (in the sale section) for ourselves to go along with the previously booked 2 weeks in Fort Lauderdale beginning on the 28th. It has turned pretty cool up here and we are anxious to get into the warmth!

~Diane

Marlu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't think if last call. I usually search exchange only. I found vacation village at parkway looks available. We Def. Want at least a 2bdrm as well. I'm surprised ur so against Westgate. We stayed there for our honeymoon. Rooms were huge. But kids activities were better at Orange lakes

moonstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

We love Vacation Village at Parkway. Twice I've booked 3 two bedroom units (lock-offs, so great for families with children) for our extended family vacation.

I am not the only one against Westgate (commonly called Wastegate on these forums), just do a search and see all the posts that come up. Yes some of their units are nice. We had a lovely 2 bedroom unit near the top of the high-rise Town Center building a few years ago, only due to nothing else being available on a last minute booking. Their compulsory sales pitch (Welcome Breakfast) got a little tense when I demanded they let us go after 3 hrs of their 90 minute presentation. They are known to give incredibly high pressure & full of lies, sales pitches. If we ever end up staying there again I'll get a TUG t-shirt to wear to the presentation! :p

~Diane

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Resorts - Grand Luxxe Residential Loft
The Royal Haciendas
Villa del Palmar
Cabo Villas Beach Resort
American Resorts International - ARI's Holiday Network
I would rate the 3 Westgate Resorts as follows:
1st Choice: Westgate Town Center. The units are nice, and the water amenities are acceptable
2nd Choice: Westgate Vacation Villas. The amenities are acceptable. The units are older, but generally acceptable
3rd Choice: Westgate Towers. This property is a renovated Howard Johnson's (but the 2nd tower is newer). Westgate Towers is adjacent to Westgate Vacation Villas. Westgate Town Center is close-by.

If available, and if I were to select a Westgate property it would be Westgate Palace.

I hope this helps

Marlu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks guys. We bit the bullet and booked a week at Westgate town center. It looked the nicest. As far as welcome breakfast we will gladly pass! It helps when ur unemployed they leave you be. Legally not allowed to sell you anything, I think is what they said. So we go that route.

We're thinking of going from there to California maybe. Idk.

Week 1 Vernon NJ 3bdrm

Week 2 Kissimmee, Florida 2bdrm

Week 3 TbD.

So excited.

swditz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
westgate palace wk 52
briarwood cape cod wk 30
surfside cape cod wk 41
falls at Ogunquit wk 21
discovery beach wk 7
captains quarters wk 38
65000 inn season points
1st Choice: Westgate Town Center. The units are nice, and the water amenities are acceptable
2nd Choice: Westgate Vacation Villas. The amenities are acceptable. The units are older, but generally acceptable
3rd Choice: Westgate Towers. This property is a renovated Howard Johnson's (but the 2nd tower is newer). Westgate Towers is adjacent to Westgate Vacation Villas. Westgate Town Center is close-by.

If available, and if I were to select a Westgate property it would be Westgate Palace.

I totally agree with Paul. We also put the palace as #1 which is why we purchased a week there! Our kids are older and universal (their Favorite) Is 1 mile away.
If the amenities and pools are a priority you made a great choice. Westgate recently built a water park there and we were very impressed when it opened.
Disney is also a short drive should you decide to do theme parks.
You should have a great time.

Scott

javabean

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning,
We grabbed a pick two option through II and will be at Westgate Lakes on Turkey Lake Rd in Orlando from 1/21-1/28 before heading to our home resort in the area.
I don't see Westgate Lakes mentioned in this thread. Appreciate any input and also suggestions for building or area requests. Also any input as to buildings with recent refurb. We are scheduled for a 2b2b.
Thanks,
Deb

scoutings

TUG Member
Reaction score

I hope this helps
What about Westgate Lakes?