• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Welk-RCI help

CRiley1111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
I own a Welk points EOY. The thing is it's 90,000 points. Having trouble using this and seeing what's the value or if anyone would be even able to take this on?

Thank you for your help.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I got you. Did you jusr buy? Can you rescind/cancel? What's the nature of the ownership?
But to the 90k points, you could stay at any rci resort in a studio or small one. Bedroom, large in off season after paying the $235ish exchange fee.
Your best bet is to stay at other Welk resorts Sunday-Friday. Costs half the points

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

CRiley1111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
I got you. Did you jusr buy? Can you rescind/cancel? What's the nature of the ownership?
But to the 90k points, you could stay at any rci resort in a studio or small one. Bedroom, large in off season after paying the $235ish exchange fee.
Your best bet is to stay at other Welk resorts Sunday-Friday. Costs half the points

I bought roughly 7 years ago and it's paid off.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
As Shank recommended, mid-week Sun-Fri is your best use. Also consider going Northstar or Breckenridge et al. that have low demand seasons and thus lower point requirements. (FWIW Spring/Fall in CO is quite nice, just lower demand due to the lack of snow and school in session.)

CRiley1111

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk
As Shank recommended, mid-week Sun-Fri is your best use. Also consider going Northstar or Breckenridge et al. that have low demand seasons and thus lower point requirements. (FWIW Spring/Fall in CO is quite nice, just lower demand due to the lack of snow and school in session.)

I'll look into this. I appreciate your help.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
No it's not. It's 90k
8c629169b17dc5ef84fd1ed8f13b79fd.jpg

Guitarmom

Reaction score
An off-season Studio in Tahoe (Northstar) costs 90,000 points for a full week. The "Yellow" off-season is short, but Tahoe is beautiful any time of the year.

I also think you might be able to get something in Branson, MO for 90,000 points.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Yes. Full week in the small one bedroom in Branson is 90k

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.
Looking again at the options:
7 nights at VOG (or Mountain Villas): Suite = 120K. But 6 nights, without either a Fri or Sat (eg Sat - Fri, Sun - Sat) is only 90K
The same scenario can be played at many other places that cost 120K for the week: Branson (yellow season, villa), Desert Oasis (year round), Northstar (Studio, Red Season), Breckenridge (yellow, suite).