• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Warranty Deed Back / Warranty Deed Surrender Success!

brial05

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many thanks to @alwysonvac for simply asking an obvious question out loud:
"Why 'give away' your timeshare for "free" if that means it will cost you money?"
( offering to help pay fees )

Assumption:
You OWN your property in full. You have no loan or lean on the unit in question.
If you own money on your property, none of the information below applies to your situation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Process and timeline:
a.) Submit the Hilton Loss Mitigation Inquiry via HGVC Owner Portal.

b.) Hilton's response to this inquiry is rapid/automated. You are given a case number and will receive an email attached 'packet' to complete. I received this email and attachment on July 10, 2024.
The attachment packet is geared towards 'Loss Mitigation' and assumes you require financial assistance.
I made it clear on every page that all questions were 'Not Applicable' and that I wished to 'Surrender my Warranty Deed' at no cost to Hilton. I did not fill out any of the financial income sections. You email back this packet. I returned this packet on same day I received it.

c.) July 25, 2024, I received an mail response. The body of the email is short, a 'Please review the attached'. The attached is a letter stating they have reviewed your request and are offing a Voluntary Surrender. It is stated that you must respond within 15 days. All that must be done is to sign this document and return it via email. I returned this same day.

d.) August 6, 2024, I received an email with a full Contract Packet attachment that must be signed and witnessed by a Notary Public. Contract Packet lists your specific unit and states once executed your account will be closed. All points surrendered. No money returned. This packet is to be mailed. I did not want to send via simple post, I send this packet overnight via UPS. It took me some time to get this packet done as I just could not make time for the Notary, it went out August 12, 2024.

Today, I logged into my HGVC account to see only one contract, meaning my warranty deed back was successful!
My Hilton Las Vegas BLVD 1 BDRM Gold Unit is GONE!

I still have my original unit, so I do still of course have an HGVC account.

I do not have anything back in the mail yet from Hilton yet, I am told it will be a 'Filed' hard copy.

Start to finish less than two months!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
very happy you were able to find a solution to end your ownership that didnt involve a scammer or you paying huge fees!

deannaloden

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC KING'S LAND
"Why 'give away' your timeshare for "free" if that means it will cost you money?"

Assumption:
You OWN your property in full. You have no loan or lean on the unit in question.
If you own money on your property, none of the information below applies to your situation.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Process and timeline:
a.) Submit the Hilton Loss Mitigation Inquiry via HGVC Owner Portal.

b.) Hilton's response to this inquiry is rapid/automated. You are given a case number and will receive an email attached 'packet' to complete. I received this email and attachment on July 10, 2024.
The attachment packet is geared towards 'Loss Mitigation' and assumes you require financial assistance.
I made it clear on every page that all questions were 'Not Applicable' and that I wished to 'Surrender my Warranty Deed' at no cost to Hilton. I did not fill out any of the financial income sections. You email back this packet. I returned this packet on same day I received it.

c.) July 25, 2024, I received an mail response. The body of the email is short, a 'Please review the attached'. The attached is a letter stating they have reviewed your request and are offing a Voluntary Surrender. It is stated that you must respond within 15 days. All that must be done is to sign this document and return it via email. I returned this same day.

d.) August 6, 2024, I received an email with a full Contract Packet attachment that must be signed and witnessed by a Notary Public. Contract Packet lists your specific unit and states once executed your account will be closed. All points surrendered. No money returned. This packet is to be mailed. I did not want to send via simple post, I send this packet overnight via UPS. It took me some time to get this packet done as I just could not make time for the Notary, it went out August 12, 2024.

Today, I logged into my HGVC account to see only one contract, meaning my warranty deed back was successful!
My Hilton Las Vegas BLVD 1 BDRM Gold Unit is GONE!

I still have my original unit, so I do still of course have an HGVC account.

I do not have anything back in the mail yet from Hilton yet, I am told it will be a 'Filed' hard copy.

Start to finish less than two months!
I have looked and cannot find a loss mitigation inquiry in the portal. Do you mind sharing that?

brial05

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have looked and cannot find a loss mitigation inquiry in the portal. Do you mind sharing that?

I am not going to share a link to it (everyone may have a differing portal view), but if you have an HGVC account, you will find the information very quickly under:

Help > Owner Information

I am also not a Max account holder; again, everyone's view may differ.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
I think in general the suggestion is if there's not a deedback process that's working for you. Though I'd still also suggest there are a number of posts where if the timeshare is a little desirable they ask the buyer to pay the closing costs / fees. Now, if you're pretty sure no one is going to want to even pay the fees for the timeshare transfer, AND you can do a deedback then I think it's a great idea.

The reason I would still encourage people to give a ROFR if you will to TUGers is just to not remove the resale opportunity to just have a developer resell for pure profit and huge inflated costs.

And while I'm not personally that interested in a gold week, I suppose there's still the argument to be made about the ~ $5,000 less upfront cost vs platinum week.

giowop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard
Well, I tried this but HGV called me and is wanting me to fill out all the financial info asked for on the sheet. They also were talking about my (resale) deed as if I was the one who purchased it back in 2004 (obviously I was not). Any advice??

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Well, I tried this but HGV called me and is wanting me to fill out all the financial info asked for on the sheet. They also were talking about my (resale) deed as if I was the one who purchased it back in 2004 (obviously I was not). Any advice??
Just do the same as brial05.

FROM POST #1 ABOVE

mm4

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HILTON GRAND VACATION CLUB
Hello, super new here.

Would these be the same steps for those of us with points, HGVMax?

After reading through, I'm confused as to what exactly I own. I am a "Club Member w/HGV Max Benefits" is how it reads at top of contract sales purchase review checklist

Contract begins...."Title to resort interests are held in the US Collection Trust"

If there is a separate thread, I'm happy or move over there.

And if above doesn't work out for me, is the resale process the same if it is deeded TS.

You all have provided some fantastic information! Thank you!!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hello, super new here.

Would these be the same steps for those of us with points, HGVMax?

After reading through, I'm confused as to what exactly I own. I am a "Club Member w/HGV Max Benefits" is how it reads at top of contract sales purchase review checklist

Contract begins...."Title to resort interests are held in the US Collection Trust"

If there is a separate thread, I'm happy or move over there.

And if above doesn't work out for me, is the resale process the same if it is deeded TS.

You all have provided some fantastic information! Thank you!!
It sounds like you own in one of the DRI Trusts. Pure points. That being the US Collection Trust. Is it paid in full? If not, you won't be able to deed it back. Also, DRI has currently paused their Transitions deed back program. Why are you wanting to get rid of it so soon after purchasing? You will want to look at and follow this thread about the Hilton Vacation Club/DRI deed back program.

Reactions: mm4

mm4

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HILTON GRAND VACATION CLUB
It sounds like you own in one of the DRI Trusts. Pure points. That being the US Collection Trust. Is it paid in full? If not, you won't be able to deed it back. Also, DRI has currently paused their Transitions deed back program. Why are you wanting to get rid of it so soon after purchasing? You will want to look at and follow this thread about the Hilton Vacation Club/DRI deed back program.
Thank you! Yes, I'll follow.
Yes, it is paid in full.
Transitions is same as Surrender program?
Wanting to get rid of it bc once I received the engagement call (after rescind period šŸ˜¤) a number of usage items were clarified and of course not what salesperson confirmed, therefore I will not be able to use it in a way that works for my travel expectations. Bummed.

I have a follow-up call with regional salesperson manager today and although last week he told me he didn't have authority to cancel my contract I'm being optimisticiwill be directed to proper dept. If they don't want to give me a dime (šŸ™„), I would much rather resale/gift here!

Thanks again!!