• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Warning about Northstyle Catalog VIP club

tlwmkw

Reaction score
We ordered a dress as a Christmas present from the catalog company Northstyle. We ordered in October and got the dress and it was poor quality and not really what we expected. Anyway, sent it back and got a credit on credit card- so far so good.

Reviewed my last credit card statement and there is now a monthly $14.95
fee for "Northstyle VIP service". We never signed up for this and have no idea what it is. Called the company and it turns out it is a VIP club that lets you get "free shipping"!!!! Well, $14.95 a month isn't free and we never signed up for it so we cancelled and they said they will refund the fee. I will watch my credit card statement carefully for the refund and to make sure that they don't keep charging for it. I Google'd this and found others have been caught by this too. I don't know if it is an automatic sign up when you order over the internet or how they get you into the Club but we had no idea of it and certainly wouldn't have agreed to it. Some of the folks on the internet had only caught it months later and they could not get refunds beyond 90 days so do please beware.

Anyway, this is a warning to anyone who has dealt with this company to watch out for this scam. We will not be ordering anything ever again from Northstyle after this experience.

tlwmkw