• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Village d'Ile de France Location request

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought there was a thread with recommendation but my search skills fail me.
Any recommendations for location to request, Have a trade coming up in April.

dgf15215

TUG Member
Reaction score
The entire "campus" is fairly large in part because the units are essentially townhouses. Our location was ideal because it was close to the operations center, the spot where the shuttle bus picks up and drops off, and most importantly the shop that is almost a small grocery store and has fresh, warm croissants baked there every morning. I hope this helps.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask to be near the entrance if your are going to be taking public transportation. Monte’s garden (Giverny) section is there and cute.
There are alot of ducks etc around the center lake and mess on the path.
We were along the river (outer ring)which was nice, just a few mallards joined us for wine in the evening.

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There are many good locations (and nary a bad one to be found). Some people like to be next to the central building with its pools, grocery, and services. Others like to be near the entrance to make the walk to the nearby village and public transportation easier. And yet others like the quiet of being tucked in the back.

StaceyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're checking in on Sunday, I'll let you know. :)

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, here is the Village d'Ile-de-France resort map.

BTW, here is the
MVC france resort map jpg.jpg
Village d'Ile-de-France resort map

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
Near the front, Giverny garden is ideal--close to clubhouse, pool, and front for bus. We loved that section. Enjoy!

pipet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai, Marriott Shadow Ridge
We will have a car if that makes a difference.
Also here is a link to map I found
When my family stayed, we were by one of the little ponds (I think maybe 2300 but it's been a while). We had a cute patio view with lots of duck visitors that we enjoyed watching while drinking coffee with our fresh croissants from the market. Quite a few of the units would give you similar convenience (2300-2400, 4300-4500 etc), so this really isn't a place where I'd worry too much about placement unless you really want to be close to the pool, playground, etc.

If you're not taking public transportation, you probably won't care about how close you are to the security gate, so the back units could be nice if you don't want to use the market.

StaceyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband put "quiet location" on his Marriott request. They gave us Givenchy 1400 building. It is quiet, 3 min walk to the store for a croissant this morning, and the first unit you approach when you drive onto the Marriott property (so you don't have to drive through the whole resort every time you go somewhere). I agree with @elaine this is a great location. View from our patio showing the garden view:

IMG_6767.JPG
Two things:
1. They use scented detergents (which bother me). Housekeeping was able to replace my sheets with unscented ones, but they said if they knew in advance they would have prepped the room that way.
2. My husband walked into the living room and said, "Oh this is what they thought the 1800s looked like during the 1990s". :D But everything is good in the unit and service has been great so far.

Last edited: