• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa la Estancia

John M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone stayed at the Villa La Estancia in Cabo? How was the location and what was the resort itself like? Was it easy to use the facilities at the Villa del Palmar next door?

Thanks

John

Buzzmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were upgraded to Villa Estancia when VDP, where we own, had no OV units available when we checked in in Dec 2003. Villa Estancia is soooooo beautiful!! Loved the room, which was very spacious. And the patio was really big, too. The resort was really quiet, which is great as we don't like the chaos of mobs of kids running around the pool area (which is fine for family-type resorts, but it's not our bag). Nor do they have the activity person constantly on a microphone every hour at the pool yelling for people to play games. Just peace and quiet at this resort. It was very easy to walk over to VDP to use the pool and facilities like the market. We took a taxi into town for dinner each night, and then walked back to the room. It's close enough to downtown to do that.

I have pictures of our room, if you want to see them. If so, let me know and I'll create a Webshots album online tonight and post the link here.

John M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you

Thank you for the information. I would love to see the photos if it is not too much problem.

John

saucysue

Reaction score
The Villa L'Estancia is gorgeous. We stayed at the VdelP! There is no comparison. The pool at the V L'estancia was nicer and quieter.

I did make one mistake though! I walked over with a VdelP towel, and they did not like that. ;)

If you are booked in there you will love it. The rooms are beautiful.

If you don't want to take taxis, walk to the front of the building and down to the road. The buses for the locals come there, and us "gringos" can use them too!

sue

Buzzmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
John:

I hope this link works. I only have pictures of our room, but not of the resort areas.

Sue is right that there's no comparison between VDP and Estancia. I was glad to hear that the new Villa del Arco opening this summer next to VDP is modeled much after Estancia, but is a regular timeshare (as opposed to a fractional timeshare, like Estancia) and will have an adults only pool, so we will be able to book there instead of VDP next time we're in Cabo. Villa Estancia totally spoiled us, and I would love to go back. Enjoy!!

PBlais

TUG Member
Reaction score
We upgraded to UVC Flamingos before it was built after seeing Estancia. Flamingos is now done and looks like a larger version Los Arcos. Same pool as Estantia in terms of how it is built. Los Arcos will be too.

Estantia basically is the same floor plan with better furniture and fixtures than Flamingos. If you are staying at Estancia then you must be doing something right.

All the new UVC resorts will look as nice as Estantia or better. We were there in December and the Los Arcos is coming along nice. Estancia is I think nearly sold out and a new fractional resort next to Flamingos is being built now. Punta Mita is supposed to be the next one yet to start.

Also starting this January Gold Time Summer weeks will no longer be available to NEW Gold Members. Existing Gold Members will still be able to get them but not any new members.

Paula

TUG Member
Reaction score
PBlais said:
We upgraded to UVC Flamingos before it was built after seeing Estancia. Flamingos is now done and looks like a larger version Los Arcos. Same pool as Estantia in terms of how it is built. Los Arcos will be too.

Estantia basically is the same floor plan with better furniture and fixtures than Flamingos. If you are staying at Estancia then you must be doing something right.

All the new UVC resorts will look as nice as Estantia or better. We were there in December and the Los Arcos is coming along nice. Estancia is I think nearly sold out and a new fractional resort next to Flamingos is being built now. Punta Mita is supposed to be the next one yet to start.

Also starting this January Gold Time Summer weeks will no longer be available to NEW Gold Members. Existing Gold Members will still be able to get them but not any new members.
PBLAISE, thanks for this information we will be doing our update on Monday so will mention the Jan. Gold Time Summer weeks. Luckily we bought last year but they have also discontinued another option they gave us and that is no free internet access in the units anymore. This was a perk when we bought so this year we are OK, but they said they changed the rules in November. They will now charge $15.00 per day which is so unreasonable and not at all acceptable by many of us who stay down here or two months. We have to send a letter to the VP of UVC stating this was mentioned and why the unreal cost of 15.00 per day, if they want to charge us why not 1.00 per day or 25.00 per month like our cable internet company does. Need help or advice on this problem, thanks. P.

John M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great resort

Thank you to all of you for the information. I am quite sure that I will be booking the reservation. I have never been to Cabo and look forward to spending a week there.

John

Paula

TUG Member
Reaction score
PBlais said:

PBLAISE, where did you get the information from re the last paragraph above. I apoke to Elsie Preciado UVC CLUB MANAGER who is here at the VDP FLAMINGOS RESORT right now and available to member's who wish to speak with her and I mentioned this from your posting above:

Also starting this January Gold Time Summer weeks will no longer be available to NEW Gold Members. Existing Gold Members will still be able to get them but not any new members, she didn't seem to know about this new rule. Plus I mentioned about them taking out our Gold Members perk of free internet access in the units. She asked me where I had heard this so thought I had better ask you your source as our friends have just purchased and didn't seem to know about it as well. Thanks so much for any info, they seem to be taking out quite a few of our perks which were in when we purchased last year. :confused: