• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Unsolicited phone call followed by this email. Caller named "Angel" says they are filing to stop maintenance fees!

Disbug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Here is the letter I was sent. The spiel was that they are doing a group filing against DVC since owners are complaining about high maintenance fees. Some of which can be attributed to non-members renting out their points for less than the maintenance fees which is a violation of the legal contract between owners and DVC.

TCA confirmation@tcaconfirmation dot com​

12:39 PM (12 minutes ago)
to me

Sheraton Jacksonville Hotel
10605 Deerwood Park Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
Date: Friday, April 7th, 2023
Time: 10:45 AM

Hi,

This email confirms your appointment to learn about the legal filing taking place soon.

We encourage all parties recorded on the deed, as well as your spouse, if married to attend; to get the legal information for all parties involved. Any documents you may have such as; deed, maintenance fee bills, or other documents may also be helpful to us (but not required to attend).

If you need to change your reservation, please call 469-283-8526 as seating is limited. We look forward to meeting with you.

*We are not affiliated with any timeshare companies.*

April Hinkle

Coordinator
TCA
M: 469.283.8526

Last edited by a moderator:

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I own DVC and don’t remember anything that says if I rent it must be at maintenance fees or greater. I also don’t see many rentals going for less than $10/point, which should be sufficient to cover anyone’s maintenance fees. What does irk many, are those renting exchanges. There were many DVC rentals on eBay that were obvious RCI exchanges. Not sure if Interval International is seeing that problem as well. Even with that, not sure how that impacts maintenance fees. I feel I get great value for the DVC maintenance fees. Curious, is it you/your company putting on the presentation? What am I missing?

Edited: Can’t find an active website for tcaconfirmations.com. I do see that the domain was created 9/22/22.

Last edited:

lkc1234

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is the letter I was sent. The spiel was that they are doing a group filing against DVC since owners are complaining about high maintenance fees. Some of which can be attributed to non-members renting out their points for less than the maintenance fees which is a violation of the legal contract between owners and DVC.

to me

Hi,

This email confirms your appointment to learn about the legal filing taking place soon.

We encourage all parties recorded on the deed, as well as your spouse, if married to attend; to get the legal information for all parties involved. Any documents you may have such as; deed, maintenance fee bills, or other documents may also be helpful to us (but not required to attend).

If you need to change your reservation, please call 469-283-8526 as seating is limited. We look forward to meeting with you.

April Hinkle

Coordinator
TCA
This is most likely a scam. Trying to get you to join and give them money upfront while promising something in the future.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Scam. DVC has great value. Sell it if you think fees are too high.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This is a scam exit company cold calling timeshare owners trying to get them to attend a high pressure meeting. The email verbiage in the original post about DVC is identical to another company solicitation from a company called Trade Financial Corporation. This new company likely just replaced the old company. They deceive owners by making false claims and if you attend, they will put on heavy pressure making you feel you have no alternatives but to pay them an upfront fee. They have the same lies no matter what timeshare you own. It is just ridiculous that they try the lies with DVC owners which are mainly very happy with their purchase.

TUG thread below.

Last edited:

Disbug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
I own DVC and don’t remember anything that says if I rent it must be at maintenance fees or greater. I also don’t see many rentals going for less than $10/point, which should be sufficient to cover anyone’s maintenance fees. What does irk many, are those renting exchanges. There were many DVC rentals on eBay that were obvious RCI exchanges. Not sure if Interval International is seeing that problem as well. Even with that, not sure how that impacts maintenance fees. I feel I get great value for the DVC maintenance fees. Curious, is it you/your company putting on the presentation? What am I missing?

Edited: Can’t find an active website for tcaconfirmations.com. I do see that the domain was created 9/22/22.
No, I am a DVC member who was contacted with this information by a dubious firm. When they told me not to pay my Maintenance fees for this year, I knew something was off. Especially since they should have known Annual Dues are collected in January.... If I wasn't getting ready for a trip, I might head over to listen to the pitch, which I believe is a scam.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
No, I am a DVC member who was contacted with this information by a dubious firm. When they told me not to pay my Maintenance fees for this year, I knew something was off. Especially since they should have known Annual Dues are collected in January.... If I wasn't getting ready for a trip, I might head over to listen to the pitch, which I believe is a scam.

This is not a law firm. This is a common tactic for an exit company. They sometimes offer a free dinner for attending. They are lying just to get you to sign up where they can unleash their professional, high pressure scammers on the attendees. There will assuredly be lots of lies happening. If you attend, just be aware of that.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
Why would you even consider subjecting yourself to this "consultation"? Pure scammers.

Disbug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
This is a scam exit company cold calling timeshare owners trying to get them to attend a high pressure meeting. The email verbiage in the original post about DVC is identical to another company solicitation from a company called Trade Financial Corporation. This new company likely just replaced the old company. They deceive owners by making false claims and if you attend, they will put on heavy pressure making you feel you have no alternatives but to pay them an upfront fee. They have the same lies no matter what timeshare you own. It is just ridiculous that they try the lies with DVC owners which are mainly very happy with their purchase.

TUG thread below.

Yes, I saw that, as well! Trying to find out more info on these people. Seems crazy that they would spend the money to rent out a conference room at a local hotel. Most people should know in a lawsuit or "group filing" that members of the suit are not expected to pay anyone. While claiming in writing that they are not affiliated with any Timeshare, they imply their organization is a law firm. Even going so far as to copy the name of a real Texas law firm called TCA Law, which they are not.

Disbug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Why would you even consider subjecting yourself to this "consultation"? Pure scammers.
Curiosity? To see if anyone shows up. To caution others who may be less skeptical...

Reactions: RX8

Disbug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Plus this was never about getting out of your Timeshare with DVC. It was about some legal shenanigans with the Maintenance fees. Owners unhappy with paying Maintenance fees that renters don't pay even though they contribute to the wear and tear on the furnishings, etc... The people in the filing are petitioning to have the Maintenance fees refunded. So maybe the exit scammers have just found a new angle?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems crazy that they would spend the money to rent out a conference room at a local hotel.
This should tell you something about how good they are at what they do.

this was never about getting out of your Timeshare with DVC. It was about some legal shenanigans with the Maintenance fees
No. They told you it was some shenanigans about MFs. But, what it really is is an up-front fee company. I would bet more than even money that anyone who attends will be given a couple of options: One to pay to join "the lawsuit" but boy howdy that will take a long time while you'll be hounded by collections agents, and we understand if you don't want to do that. So, instead, you can pay us to help you get out of this mess.

Disbug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
This should tell you something about how good they are at what they do.

No. They told you it was some shenanigans about MFs. But, what it really is is an up-front fee company. I would bet more than even money that anyone who attends will be given a couple of options: One to pay to join "the lawsuit" but boy howdy that will take a long time while you'll be hounded by collections agents, and we understand if you don't want to do that. So, instead, you can pay us to help you get out of this mess.
I agree! Thank you.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Owners unhappy with paying Maintenance fees that renters don't pay even though they contribute to the wear and tear on the furnishings, etc...

They want you to believe there is a problem so they will say anything that sounds like a problem. When you think about it though, this statement is all hogwash. The owner has paid their maintenance fees so that time of use is fully paid for. Whether the owner uses it, or someone they rent to uses it, the wear and tear is going to be all the same and all fees have been paid.

TimesCalif

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
There is a very funny video - trashing timeshares and exit companies and companies helping you get your money back from exit companies ...
The comedian particularly enjoys trashing Ramsey for giving all this financial advise to people and then referring them to one of the exit company scammers.

As you can see watching the video (with timeshare salespeople video) the exit companies use the same sales pressure tactics as a lot of the timeshare crooks.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Known scam. Don't go.

lkc1234

TUG Member
Reaction score

to me

Hi,

April Hinkle

Coordinator
TCA
This is a scam to get owners to a meeting and try to get them to pay upfront